2D GAMING TAKES ANOTRHER HIT

neonut

Crossed Swords Squire
I am a big fan of 2d games, thats why I love the neo but Sega DC also makes ports of neo games and other 2d games. This may be a rumor but it seems that sega is pulling out of the console bussiness. And with the PS2 , X-BOX and GAME CUBE, I doubt there will be any 2D games on any of these systems, so sega is actually our only hope besides the neo.NEONUT http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/2/15721.html

S

Silent_Scope

PS has Last Blade
I think 2D fighting (or 2D platform) game will still exist. No need to worry.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Yeah Capcom for one is a whore and will release their 2D Street Fighter Games on every system available to them (just wait, the unending SF series will be all over PS2 soon).... So if the Capcom Vs SNK series stays popular, we may see some more version of that on the future systems... plus with the old KOF team rumored to have left and formed their own company, I am sure they are looking at the Next Gen consoles closely... I would not worry to much about it... as long as their is a demand, their will be a supply.

-Nick

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Yeah Capcom for one is a whore and will release their 2D Street Fighter Games on every system available to them (just wait, the unending SF series will be all over PS2 soon).... So if the Capcom Vs SNK series stays popular, we may see some more version of that on the future systems... plus with the old KOF team rumored to have left and formed their own company, I am sure they are looking at the Next Gen consoles closely... I would not worry to much about it... as long as their is a demand, their will be a supply.

-Nick

SoloFenris

Sakura's Bank Manager
Actually, one of Capcom Japans officals was qouted in the Official Playstation magazine that until demand for 2-d games on PS2 is evaluated they currently have no plans to do
anything 2-D on PS2. So if you want SF3 or Capcom vs. SNK anytime soon, grab a DC.

Later,
Jeff

O

Omega-NEO

I have heard Sega plans to quit making consoles also, but I have to see it before I'll buy into that. As for the future of 2D games... I don't know. I think they will show up in future arcade games and on home systems, because there is still a demand for that kind of game. But I don't think there will be as many of them, as lots of companies are testing the 3D fighting waters to see whats out there.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Heh , i must say that alot of what european papers print is rubbish. I lived there for 7 years. Its hard to find a real newspaper there. They are big on tabloids. Basically , most of the news there is in the form of Enquierer type stuff. As long as Sega's multi billionaire owner stays alive so will the company.

------------------
last9.gif

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Silent scope, did you say LB for PS? I really hated that game. It was a bad translation. I actually prefer SS:Warriorrs of rage 2 instead--though not by much
smile.gif

W

Wolfgang Krauser

2-d started videogaming an will finish it because look at garou mark of the wolves i
still cry when i see kushnoods stage

------------------

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
I personally believe that 2-d gaming will live on, even on the next gen. systems. If there is one thing that many gamers/companies always look to, it's graphics, and when it comes to fighting games, although 3-d is more "realistic", 2-d games seem to have better graphic details, and that's part of what makes 2-d fighters great( aside from the fact that I've always thought that 2-d fighters also tend to play more smoothly/enjoyably.) But it's just an opinion.

------------------
How does it feel to be well done?...but I bet you taste terrible
winpose.gif

t_ukyo

n00b
sega will concentrate themselve more on the
internet,but this doesn't mean that they
stop to produce consoles.
SEGA IS NOT PULLING OUT OF THE CONSOLE
BUSINESS,TRUST ME.
2d games will ever exist because
there are many other companys