KOF 2000 Clam-Shell Question

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Hey Guys...when comparing my KOF 2000 Clam-shell case to my Metal Slug 3 Clam-shell case I noticed a difference in the plastic that wraps around the case and keeps the insert in place. My KOF 2000 case seems to have more slack in the plastic. ( The plastic does not fit as tightly to the case as the one on my MS3 Clamshell) Theses are the only two clamshell style cases I have, so I have nothing else to compare it to. Did anyone else notice a difference? Thanks alot.

-Ukyo

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
In addition to have dif levels of slacks in the plastic (of course I prefer a very tight slack), there're also clam shell cases which SNK started with a rough texture on the surface, most games published in 1995 are made that way. Starting 96, the surface becomes the soft and shiny type. I personally don't like this type since it scratches easier.

Also with tighter slacks it'll be more likely for the case to stay in the new shape. When it's loose, it may curl up (not always) when you store the game in hot and humid condition in the long run. That's why I watch carefully on where my games are stored.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Ukyo, I checked my two copies of KOF2K (from NCS) and BOTH of them do have noticeably more slack in the plastic than some of my other home carts. KOF98 and LB2 have slack plastic outer sleeves as well. On the other hand, both MS3 and Garou have very tight plastic sleeves . . . so it does vary quite a bit!!
frown.gif

S

steve_stanflovsky

I checked mine and it also has some extra slack.

Steve

Shawn

snkusa.com
The cases used in MS3 were all tight from my experience. So far, all the KoF 2k cases have been loose. I personally like the MotW case runs the best. A nice median, not too tight, and not too loose. Perhaps this is another reason why this title is highly sought after.
smile.gif
Too tight will crease your insert at the bends. I used to prefer the rough texture new style cases because of their ruggedness, now I completely prefer the clear shinny look. The latter allows for the colors and art of the inserts to show through more.