New upcoming Nakoruru DVD

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
I have been deleting all my e-mails about new DVD releases yet managed to find a poster for this upcoming release. Before you ask, perhaps in part due to what I just mentioned, I have no damn clue what the thing is about. 2002.05.25 is the release date and the title is given below in Japanese for you.

ナコルル 郷里之畏友編

So, anyone know more about this? Or am I missing something already mentioned?

I know that it's based on the Nakoruru PC game, and that the animation is done by Groove Corporation. Aside from that, that's about all I know.

SilverAngel

Member,
Has anyone else got any more information on this because i would like to know more and this is the first i have heard about it!

C

Caris Nautilus

It's the animation from the PC game made into an OVA on DVD I'm guessing. I've talked to a guy that played the PC version, and he said it has a ton of full video animation scenes in it.

Their probably just making the FMV scenes in the game into an OVA episode.

They also did this for the Dragonball Z Playdia games, they sold 2 VCD and VHS episodes with the anime from the game collected on them.

[ April 08, 2002: Message edited by: Drift King EX ]</p>

shousa

n00b
@Neo Bomber Man: what is "郷里之畏友編"? The official sub-title is "あのひとからのおくりもの"!

Originally posted by Drift King EX:
<strong>It's the animation from the PC game made into an OVA on DVD I'm guessing. I've talked to a guy that played the PC version, and he said it has a ton of full video animation scenes in it. Their probably just making the FMV scenes in the game into an OVA episode. They also did this for the Dragonball Z Playdia games, they sold 2 VCD and VHS episodes with the anime from the game collected on them.</strong><hr></blockquote>

No, I don't think so.

Nakoruru -Ano hito kara no okurimono- features a totally new original story never seen before. Maybe it's directly connected with the computer game story-wise, but it won't consist of the anime cutscenes from the game!

The Anime DVD is only 30 minutes long. It's only a small side-story I suppose. Bonus features are special pictures, a 23 minutes long voice drama and character data materials.

One sidenote from myself: the first-press edition of the DVD will be released for 1000 Yen more and contains a telephone card.

Regards,
shousa

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Originally posted by shousa:
<strong>@Neo Bomber Man: what is "郷里之畏友編"? The official sub-title is "あのひとからのおくりもの"!

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I was looking at the poster to get that, and then I found a Japanese auction for it, with the Kanji I listed as the title. I'll post the link here later.

edit: I know that Hiragana is the subtitle for the PC/DC game, however this is an anime, so there's no reason why it can't be different.

[ April 09, 2002: Message edited by: Neo Bomber Man ]</p>

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
May as well do it now: <a href="http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d15925276" target="_blank">Nakoruru DVD</a>

MarrymeMai

Frenzy Football Player
Originally posted by Neo Bomber Man:
<strong>May as well do it now: <a href="http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d15925276" target="_blank">Nakoruru DVD</a></strong><hr></blockquote>

They claim they won't ship internationally, but I've been told most Japanese sellers can be talked into it...

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by MarrymeMai:
<strong>

They claim they won't ship internationally, but I've been told most Japanese sellers can be talked into it...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Regardless you need a Japanese Bank account or Japanese CC to activate your account now. You can make an account, but you won't be able to bid or anything, until it's activated with your bank info. It's not like eBay.

Also almost all the sellers on Yahoo Japan only accept the various means of Bank Transfer, and again, you need a Japanese Bank account for that. Cause believe me I've tried, the only way is to get someone to bid for you that lives in Japan. They also don't like shipping outside Japan, if their auction says no international shipping 99% chance is they mean it, cause I used to email them, back when you didnt need to activate your account, and the ones that even replied (because I was typing in english) said no.