Please read

autobotclown

Kula's Candy
I am new to this neo geo sight. When I signed on I thought this would be about neo geo stuff. 90% of what is talked about on here has nothing to do with neo geo.I love to play neo-geo games. That is why I started a neo-geo arcade in my store. I am in the mall and most people never heard of neo geo and are becoming big fans now and spending the whole weekends playing these games. As far as this dion guy goes is that I dont know him or ever bought anything from him. If he is selling fake carts and dishonest just stop buying them. Every one on this page has heard this stuff for a very long time and they have heard the complants. If they still buy from him they should not keep crying over and over about this. As far as official snk dealers. No they are not. You see snk of usa went under. When this happens they no longer conduct buisness in america. There for the games now made by snk neo-geo go threw no censureing and no quality control in america. This means that if some one was a official snk dealer thay would represent snk in america and they would be them selves snk. Then they would go threw U.S. quality control and threw products safty and even the stupid little rating system ex. E for every one and M for mature. Now if they where official dealers they would be underminding U.S. laws,import taxs and trade. SNK of asia would not sell any of their mercandise to a U.S. dealer because of international laws. You see the way imports work is that wholesalers buy from snk and then pass it along to u.s. dealers for they are not responsable for trade laws. Why is snk resposable you say because they produce in bulk and sell massive amount while small wholesalers in asia do not nearly carry the amount of mercandise that snk does which would make it worth less for any asia or the us to spend millons on to stop maybe the 1000s of dollars small import dist. make. If any one in the U.S. was a official dearler in the us asia would want to see some of that money and so would the U.S. To recieve products direct from snk you have to buy in major bulk. Even if you bought in major bulk their would be that probem of the U.S. saying where is youre contact to sell these in america and why have none of youre products been inspected by our safety standers and why hasn't the video games censors rated youre games. I know all this cause I own a import store. I cant buy anything direct from any other country. Because thay will not agree on selling direct to the U.S. because of our laws and theirs. Know just think if any one could buy direct from them we would all get on the web and get all our games toys and what ever else direct from the company.We can do that but only from company in the U.S. like hasbro. See if you can buy a beast war toy from them then see if you can buy one from takara of japan.
Thanks for youre time.
One more thing you say and I say neo-geo is so great and so good but when it comes down to it most of you guys just sit down and do nothing about it. Now how can neo-geo be so damn good if it shut down in u.s. and all the fans can do is bitch and cry about how some guy rip them off. They have cons for gi joe hot wells and anime and god knows a whole lot of crap. I am going to try to hold the biggest possible neo-geo tournament this summer at my store. I will need help with doing this but dont say you will when you wont. If you are a true fan you will try to come because it will be nonprofit a just want to break even and have fun. But most of my capcom buds(I like capcom to) says that all these neo-geo fans are going to do what they always do and sit home and say how good it is and that is it. When I first sign up a listed that I have a arcade with all the new neo-geo games I started to think my friends where right. One person lives 15 min away and said it was much to far away from him. That is not a fan capcom anime fans and other drive miles and days to get to a tornament or to play the newest games.
I under stand if you got things to do our if there is problems but if you dont want to get of youre ass to see some one trying to revive somthing you so call love that is crap.
I will hold the tournament and activitys this summer. I will try it once. With hundreds of neo-geo fans or just looking pitiful with my friends. I will enjoy it either way but If no one shows up and no one wants to help that is fine but that means that the system is dead and that is that. I welcome any ones help including this so talked about deon (who I dont know) I would like to every one show up for one week end and have some fun together and quite crying and bitching at every one. Also this deon guy MUST love neo geo to try to keep it alive and to go threw so much shit to make games work on other formats and to try to bring neo-geo games to the neo-geo less.I dont think any one is lying on this page just misunder standing.Any one who wants to help is welcome. Not trying to start shti or get on any ones side but neo-geo will just die if the only thing that is on its surving web site is bitching and crying.thanks
hope we can all do this together.
Autobotclown@yahoo.com

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Yes that's the spirit maybe if more people like you were on the board's it would not be fucked like it is right now !!

[This message has been edited by PrOzErG (edited April 09, 2001).]

Hey man, I would love to come down there but there is no way that I would drive all the way down to Texas. Don't get me wrong, If it was heald somewhere in illinois or surrounding states I would be happy to meet up with other Neo gamers. Just because people don't want to travel thousands of miles to meet up to play Neo gmaes doesn't mean the system is dead. How many people do you know that would do someting like that for a general playstation or N64 or dreamcast tournament. No one I can think of. It is one thing if it is a national championship for one single title but for a general Neo tourny (or get together) I cannot see driving thousands let alone even a few hundred miles. Just my opinion, don't take offense.

autobotclown

Kula's Candy
not home system. arcade and we drive all the way to cali for capcom and tekken tourny. And people travel long distance for other arcade games but I guess not neo geo
I will still try.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Well I would make a trip depending on when you had it. However nowdays the only day I have off is Saturdays. Dallas is a 4 hour drive for me from houston one way, so 8 hours round trip. I will be down the weekends of June 1-3 for A-kon, if it was held that weekend I could show up with some of my friends if I can drag them away (alas they are not hardcore like myself). So if you post a date I can see what I can do. My skillz are somewhat dated though since I can no longer afford to much time to my hobby, However you can help me out if you prehaps leek the games that are to be used
smile.gif
LMK.

You are mistaken about the last statement though there is no misunderstandings when it comes to that indivdual. But the topic is not up for discussion since it has been over discussed for some time now. Just read old post or email me with questions to spare the board the agony of yet another bombardment of useless posts.

autobotclown

Kula's Candy
Ok Ill try to think of a exact date
please send ideas
I also need help coming up with flyrz designs
and posting at other sights
please tell as many people as you can
games are following
kof-2000
super dodge ball
rb2
last blade 2
mark of wolves
magic drop 3
metal slug 3(who ever can get the furthis on a single credit diff 8 )
twinkle star brights
that are the games so far
arcade also has ss4 kabuki klash waku waku 7
metal slug 1 x ninja commando shock trooper 2
top hunter
all games will be played on 29" sit down neo geo cabnits
Later I will make reservations at a local hotel and night activitys in dallas and on that saturday night.

autobotclown

Kula's Candy
also please every come or help please reply with name and post a reply for every person that wants to go so we can get an idea of what we need to prepare for.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Well I think it is a great Idea. I am sure Nick can help with the flyers but if not I can assist. I used to help friends out making party Flyers. Mostly just cut and paste stuff with some photoshop magic but I have plenty of source material to sample from
smile.gif
Also if you need any mvs carts that you may not have I can bring some of mine. I think Kizuna encounter would be a great tourney game. Although if this is a saturday night that is a lot of gaming. Looks like I may have to request a sunday off
smile.gif

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
oh I ment to ask...

since you live in Dallas I was wondering if you attend the Super Auctions held there. I am planing on attending the April 21st auction and was just wondering. usally I meet Nick up there when I come up although this time I'm bringing my Crew. If they Don't wimp out

Phil's Friends "We have to leave at 6am"

Phil "get up you lazy Bastards...lets go"

Phil's friends "no you go ahead but if you see such a such game get it for us and we will pay you back"

Then I go and struggle loading 200lb + arcade cabs in the back of my truck with NO HELP
smile.gif

oh well what can I expect.....at least sometimes Blonde Girl will go with me

autobotclown

Kula's Candy
June 16
also every player will be interviewed for documentry which will be dist. on vcd format
thanks