Breakthrough news from NCS

Shawn

snkusa.com
Breakthrough news from NCS. They are no longer ignoring me. After one week of being overlooked they decided to reply to one of my many emails. My order will be shipped tomorrow, which means I should receive my copies of KoF 2000 sometime next year…

You know, I had the opportunity to order from an overseas supplier for $40 cheaper per cart, but I went with NCS because they were domestic. You would think domestic would mean faster. If I would have known their service towards me would have been like this I could have avoided such a predicament.

I have customers waiting on their copies of KoF 2000 which prepaid you see. I hate making people wait. I know what it’s like because I have bought from NGF before. Maybe they associate me with NGF, and that’s why they are leery of communicating with me. NCS has really tested our patience.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Shawn:
Breakthrough news from NCS. They are no longer ignoring me. After one week of being overlooked they decided to reply to one of my many emails. My order will be shipped tomorrow, which means I should receive my copies of KoF 2000 sometime next year…

You know, I had the opportunity to order from an overseas supplier for $40 cheaper per cart, but I went with NCS because they were domestic. You would think domestic would mean faster. If I would have known their service towards me would have been like this I could have avoided such a predicament.

I have customers waiting on their copies of KoF 2000 which prepaid you see. I hate making people wait. I know what it’s like because I have bought from NGF before. Maybe they associate me with NGF, and that’s why they are leery of communicating with me. NCS has really tested our patience.

Why would NCS associate you with NGF, Shawn? Do they (NCS) frequent this board and read our posts? We all know you're reputable, so NCS shouldn't jump to conclusions (if this is the case)!

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited December 30, 2000).]

Shawn

snkusa.com
NCS had a change of plans, and boy they are full of surprises. They told me my package would be shipped last Saturday. I actually believed them and posted the good news on the forums. Apparently, they have yet to ship my package, and are refusing to send to my P.O. Box. I have sold 7 of the 10 KoF 2000, if only NCS would send me the package so that I may ship to my customers. It’s not fair that others should be forced to endure the wait with me. Not only was it a total challenge to place my order in the first place, I’m still receiving gutter rat service.

email from NCS sent Tue 1/2/2001 12:25 PM:
Hello Shawn,

We are preparing your shipment today but please let us know if you have an alternative address to ship the cartridges to with UPS. We have had some problems with the Postal Service and we are not comfortable with shipping $3000 worth of merchandise by the Priority Mail Service.

UPS handles all problems quickly and efficiently while the Post Office can take months to even help us with any claims. Please let us know today so that we can ship the parcel to you. We will upgrade your shipping with UPS and cover any additional cost because it is safer for us to ship in this way.

Regards,
NCS

I'm not familiar with the whole context of what happened with the shipping, but by reading the NCS e-mail I'm not sure I agree about the lousy service. NCS doesn't feel that the Post Office is handling their packages properly and they will pay the difference to send your carts via a more reliable carrier if you will specify a different address. Wouldn't they be doing you a greater disservice if they knew the USPS was having trouble and they didn't let you know? I can vouch for their side. One of my Priority mail packages from NCS vanished without a trace recently. NCS was kind enough to send a 2nd package promptly.

Shawn

snkusa.com
I paid NCS in full on 12/19/00. There is no excuse to delay shipment for 2 weeks. Even one week is inexcusable. Until today, they were fine with shipping to my P.O. Box. They even emailed me to confirm my shipping address, and didn’t bring up the change of plans then. I think the USPS gives top-notch service. I can honestly say that the USPS has never lost a package that I have shipped. Therefore, there is not one customer who has not received their package from me. The only time I have problems with the USPS is when I send cash over seas or buy from NGF, then the package mysteriously vanishes.

The point is, NCS could have told me they had a problem with shipping to my P.O. box weeks ago. Why wait this long? Whatever, apparently many people see NCS has the best intentions in mind. Everyone but me that is, just my luck. Seems that everyone else was shipped there KoF 2000 long ago. It’s not like NCS is a black book candidate. I’m sure they will send me the carts eventually.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Shawn,
Just wondering... what type of prices do you get from NCS... do they give you a good deal for buying in large quantities?

-Nick

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
That is to bad Shawn,

As I was saying I always had great service from NCS and they respond to any emails I send quickly. Maybe you should look into getting your Neo items from a distrubutor somewhere. after all if one distrubutor was selling MS1's for $380 there should be another one out there somewhere. It appears like you have a neo business going now. If you called SNK japan they should be able to supply you with some location to get the carts from (hopefully somewhere other then NGF
smile.gif
)

SiberioS

n00b
I don't think there "ignoring" you. I've noticed, in the numerous times I've emailed them, that for some odd reason, email sent late night, or even as early as 9:00 NEVER gets responded too. However, I could ask the same question earlier in the day and get a response in minutes. I don't know if it has something to do with their email or whatnot, but it just seems odd that stuff sent after a certain time simply does not get responded to. There quick enough folks though with service and I really don't see how one bad experience, one that really isn't that bad (in respect to NGF) at all, would ruin my opinion of them.

Silly question, but why would people order through you when NCS is selling them? Just wondering.

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Like I have said before... some people think paying more means they are getting more... this is the whole premise on witch NGF trys to make money... Dion says "Show us the size of your wallet... Oh your a a REAL gamer... You cant pay twice as much for the same thing." I have news folks, you dont get rich being stupid with your money.

Shawn

snkusa.com
Just wondering... what type of prices do you get from NCS... do they give you a good deal for buying in large quantities?

The lowest he would go was a 5% discount, so that is what I received. It’s up to you to deicide if this was a steal or not. At first he said I could buy as many copies as I wanted, then at the last minute (when I broke down & called) he changed his mind and set the limit to 10.

Maybe you should look into getting your Neo items from a distrubutor somewhere.

It was my mistake to choose the distributor I did. You take risks when dealing online and now I’m paying the price. With MotW I went with Buy-rite, and they only filled half my order, but they did refund the other half.

Silly question, but why would people order through you when NCS is selling them? Just wondering.

NCS is sold out. Hey! Maybe that’s why they keep giving me the runaround with my order, they are buying time to locate more carts.

Like I have said before... some people think paying more means they are getting more... this is the whole premise on witch NGF trys to make money

Please don’t compare me with NGF. The entire foundation of my neo store is based on service contradicting NGF’s style. Honesty, reliability, and SPEED are guaranteed.

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Please don’t compare me with NGF. The entire foundation of my neo store is based on service contradicting NGF’s style. Honesty, reliability, and SPEED are guaranteed.[/B][/QUOTE]

So sorry, I wasn't comparing you to NGF, just the quality and mentality of your customers. As Cameron Poe said in ConAir, "This is your Barbecue, and it tastes good." Your Site and your availability are pretty much only matched in diversity by ebay, a that despite its greatness is just a conglomeration of
service levels and different sellers. I do however have to state honestly, that more then not, it would be foolish to pay both your or NGF's prices, and that's just my opinion, for whatever its worth to you or
anyone else. For those who think they must pay top dollar for whatever reason, they cant wait, foolish with money, proving to themselves they are "big tymers"... there are plenty of places that are willing to
take their money. I have collection fever bad, I like to get allot of games fast, but come on, what reason could anyone possibly have to NOT wait for a better price when they KNOW the true value posted on the very same site, on a console that is 10+ years old, with most games over 2+ years old. I hope Neo
Lives forever, but I think the key to this is more people getting into Neo. Educated shoppers can and will learn that they can afford to get into Neo Geo if they are smart.

Ill end it here, by saying everyone has their good points and bad points... and everyone has and is entitled to their opinions. Mine is, never pay retail prices, and don't be stupid with money. As long as people continue to pay for games higher than their worth, there is no reason to change, but you do get more flies with a drop of honey then a spoon full of vinegar... you can more than make up for per item profit with volume.

Peace and good luck whatever your goal is.