Will you ever complete you Neo Geo collection?

Pichai

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have been collecting home cart for about 6 months. I'm not sure if I will ever complete the Neo Geo collection. This is an expensive hobby. But, I can say that the games are very enjoyable and brings me back to when I was 20 years old and really couldn't afford the games. I have around 75 home games or so now and awaiting a few more. Anyone here, beside Shawn, has come close or have completed the collection? How much money has it cost you?

Pichai

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I am slowly getting there, but I need more of the newer MVS carts, and some of the older ones. I have most of those that came out in the middle.
wink.gif
Money spent? I could not even guess, anymore. Far less than if I were trying to complete a collection of home carts. More power to you!

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
"Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto!"

Robi15

20 Year Member
But,Pichai, imagine when you are 70 years old and a complete Neo Geo AES collection! You would say something like that:
"Hmm, what (*kaugh, korgh, hummgh), what should I play today? Sengoku 3, Ninja Masters or Super Spy? Ah, I guess Super Spy would do the thing for today" LOL!
corkysm53.gif

------------------
NEOBIOS.gif

MVS all the way!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
yes ill complete my home cart, mvs & cd collections ill have everygame for all formats....may take a while but my hope is endless......

------------------
garou_kainstand.gif
COME INTO THE LIGHT!

[This message has been edited by Lord Wolfgang Krauser (edited April 09, 2001).]

S

Silent_Scope

I don't want to complete my AES collection. First, I like some but not every one of them.
Second, too expensive. I'm not that crazy.
I'm a gamer, not collector. I dont' need to show off and say "look, here is my complete AES collection".

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
"You have to defeat Goemon and Yae to stand a chance"

Pichai

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Silent, I know what you mean about being a gamer and not a collector. I especially know that part about being too expensive. I too will probably not complete my collection but, I would like to try. One of my favorite game is League Bowling, the easiest to play and the cheapest to get. It was my first Neo Geo game. This collection of mine, will go to my 9 year old son next year or when he is old enough to take care of it. Thank you all so much for making this forum a great place to visit.

Pichai

R

RaguSugaR25

I know I will never complete my collection...I would like to play Metal Slug again on a Neo-Geo but I have to settle for the Saturn version. I only have 13 games....nothing expensive...I love Ghost Pilots and Last Resort along with the SS Series. Anyone got Metal Slug for sale? I heard its expensive!

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
I will never complete my collection because I dont want to complete it you see.I dont buy the cart's I dont want I just buy the one's I want buying the cart's you dont want I tink is a real waste of money insted I stack up my money and buy the cart's I want !! I will probably never complete my collection and I am happy whit that because I have the game's I want to play not the one's I want to collect !!!!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I must agree im a gamer first then a collector.

------------------
lb2_setsunaslash.gif
Has my greed consumed me, of course!

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I like to keep my games in "collectible" condition, but only because that ensures a longer life for the game, which means more time to play it. ;

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
"Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto!"

R

RaguSugaR25

Silent Scope is right....just get the ones you want...The only reason I have a Playstation is for Castlevania SOTN and MSX! I have a Turbo Duo for Dracula X and the SNES is my favorite game system with my copys of Final Fantasy 2 & 3, Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana complete in the box! I love the SNES! (I love the Neo too!)

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
well I guess it depends what you consider a collection.

My first goal was to have every game in on format or the other MVS, NGH or NGCD. Preferabbly the best format which I weigh by cost vs option vs playablity.

Ideally I would like to own every neo game in all their respective NG formats. But when it comes to cost there is a diffente limit I will pay just because there are several game which are not worth the money IMO.

With regards to the first goal I am almost complete with the expection of protos (which I have little interest in because of the above) and those quiz games. The other stuff I just buy as I see it when it is at a price I am willing to pay. I normally pick up 2 or 3 neo games a month. sometimes more, sometimes less. But I usally play the hell out of my games. I also like buying Neo geo related items like character merchandise and what not. But I try to limit what I get since I do not want to have some excessive wall of Neo items where you can not even tell what you have. There is also a lot of junk out there.

Just a thought.

Robi15

20 Year Member
I agree with Silent_Scope and Big Bruno.
I'm a gamer And for that I own a MVS cab today. I mean many games now are not released to AES anyway. Conversions take time and cost a lot of money. MVS is the way for a gamer, at least from my point of view.
But some are really fanatics and collect Neo AES carts as other collect stamps and coins..
Or as Dion says: "To be a real "NEO BIGTIMER", you need to have all the carts. Arghh, what a moron..
corkysm27.gif

I belive that Shawn never plays even half of the games he has in his collectin. I mean what is the point of haveing a lot of games when you do not play them. Show it to you're girlfriend or pals? And then what? Idonno. All of us are different..

------------------
NEOBIOS.gif

MVS all the way!

S

Silent_Scope

I remember Shawn told me once that he has played every Neo game he has. A lot of thing in your life and occupy your time so it's getting harder and harder to play every game you have.
Just play what I really like
smile.gif

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
"You have to defeat Goemon and Yae to stand a chance"

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Pichai, thats wicked hardcore that your passing your Neo Collection on to your son!!! Have you been raising him as a gamer? I hope so!!!
smile.gif

------------------
fetch.dll

Don't plague the gaming market :)