Who is Chad Okada?

I've seen his name around the Neo. In fact, when I was a we-lad, I used to call him at SNK & talk his ear off. Is he on the boards? What did he do for SNK? What's he doing now? Any info is appreciated.

AOF

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Sure thing, AOF. He did used to work at SNK, and in fact, Billkwando interviewed him. Here is a link to the interview at Bill's site: http://www.crosswinds.net/~billkwando/chadinterview.html

Also, Billy Pitt (I believe he is one of the NGFers, not sure) has apparently been using an ID or e-mail with Chad's name in it, perhaps trying to create a stronger link between himself and the community that reviles him.

-BioMotor_Unitron

C

Caris Nautilus

I wanna know too. I thought chadokada@aol.com was billy pitt's email? how the fuck can billy pitt be 2 people?

C

Caris Nautilus

Bio motor, why is billy pitt using someone elses name as his email? lol do you know? its been buggin me

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Damn, if I had only been one minute earlier.
tongue.gif

-BioMotor_Unitron

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I do not know much about Billy Pitt. I recall he was supposed to have a line on some MVS to AES converters a couple of years ago, but I do not believe anything ever materialised out of it.

There was also the Neo-ProtoType page that someone posted links to recently, I think he had something to do with that, although from the page I saw, at least part of it was BS. I know one of the games shown was not slated to be for any Neo system, because one of the trade rags we get at work covered it in an article about arcade games that never made it to final release, and it was not slated for the Neo.

-BioMotor_Unitron

[This message has been edited by BioMotor_Unitron (edited April 09, 2001).]

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
I think Chad Okada works for(at least, worked for) Kronos, whose most recent work is Fear Effect 2 for the PSX. I'm not sure if he's still there, though. I remember him posting a message about the-then upcoming game "Cardinal Syn," which I decided to check out because he helped make it, but unfortunately the game sucked. :/

As for Billy Pitt, I have no clue why he chose to use Chad Okada's name, but he's NOT part of NGF. He does seem to have this habit of constantly supporting but then suddenly going completely against them, though.

Lee

------------------
"Issue the JUSTICE!!"
insertcutout1.gif

C

Caris Nautilus

I saw that proto page! lol, I think that pac man clone type game was total BS. those screen shots looked totally made up! Like bad cerial box art...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BioMotor_Unitron:
I do not know much about Billy Pitt. I recall he was supposed to have a line on some MVS to AES converters a couple of years ago, but I do not believe anything ever materialised out of it.

There was also the Neo-ProtoType page that someone posted links to recently, I think he had something to do with that, although from the page I saw, at least part of it was BS. I know one of the games shown was not slated to be for any Neo system, because one of the trade rags we get at work covered it in an article about arcade games that never made it to final release, and it was not slated for the Neo.

-BioMotor_Unitron

[This message has been edited by BioMotor_Unitron (edited April 09, 2001).]

ECM

Quiz Detective
Last i heard from Chad, he was working at Sony (where he produced Cardinal Syn for them). Dunno what he's up to now, though.

Chad finder (not the hanging kind),
ECM

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hyper:
After his time with SCEA, Chad went to Electronic Arts. His site is:

http://www.gamelord.org

Game lord? As in THE GAME LORD? The one who used to have a "column" in the Neo Geo direct mailer from SNK USA?

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Yes, I believe they are one and the same.
wink.gif

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
"Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto!"

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Yes, Bio, that is the same Chad Okada.

And no, Billy is NOT an ***'r. He knows them, as many people on this board do, but he is not part of that group. He actually is quite independant and speaks for or against whatever he feels is good/bad, right/wrong, etc.

About the proto page, if you are referring to the one that Billy made fairly recently, he had stated that the Pac Man game looked to be a phony, but he included it simply as a historical account of Neo Proto lore. He believes it's fake too, but thought it worth putting on the page.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Jesus, the necro bump to end all necro bumps.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Man, ECM post spotted.

*pours some on the ground, for the homie that ain’t around*

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Also, Billy Pitt (I believe he is one of the NGFers, not sure) has apparently been using an ID or e-mail with Chad's name in it, perhaps trying to create a stronger link between himself and the community that reviles him.

Fucking lol, what a pathetic faggot. Pretending to be a SNK employee to look ‘cool’ online. Do something for yourself, get a fucking life.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Yeah I had forgotten about this. Off Limits indeed..............