Is SNK to make games for the GameBoy Advance???

Moria/the one

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Man you know that it is super possible for that little power house to port our fav fighting games! Common the little bugger even has 4 buttons! I thought that I herd that they were gonna be a 3rd party developer way long ago but am wondering if i am just mistakend. Man... just think! Garou, SS4, LB2, KOF2000! But watch, not that it would be too much of a bad thing,, but i think they would first bring out SS2. Let's keep our fingers crossed for some info on it at the next E3!

"farts turn purple in the springtime"
Quote from, My self

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
I don't belive SNK has made any kind of announcement indicating GBA development yet. Course even if they do don't get your hopes up, they have a record of somewhat sloppy porting and the GBA aint al that powerful so they could screw up the ports real easy.

------------------
mendou.jpg

-Shuuchan

Maxim

Kabuki Klasher
Lost faith in the Neo Pocket already??

For shame...*Shakes head in disbelief*

------------------
"Everyone's Gonna Die!!"

If SNK is going to make a handheald game then it is sure to be on the NGPC. I don't think they have any intention of making games for the Gameboy. Atleast not any time soon.

J

jethrek

Not too be harsh on NGPC, but if SNK wants the best chances for profit, porting to the GBA would be their best choice. They could rack up more sales.

Helly Original Colapunks

Quiz Detective
I think it would be great if SNK will do the same with NGPC and GB as with Neo Geo and other homeconsoles. First release the NGP version adn 6 till 12 months later release an GBA version. So you keep loyal fans nice and also they can have the profits of the big gba public.

Helly

------------------
Don't live to work, but work to live

Robert

20 Year Member
SNK mustn't forget the NGPC.The only solution is to produce games after the NGPC version.It will give much money to SNK because I think that the GBA will be a great success.

Moria/the one

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I still own every fighting game that came out for Neo Geo Pocket color. All I am saying that they can only go so far with the little NGPC. The games that came out were pretty awsome!
And as they say GBA can run circles around the SNES so i don't think that SNK would have a problem at all with porting games..
SNK came out with Some KOF games for the Og GB so what whould be the prob with bringing out these ones! We should make a list of people that want Neo Geo games on the Advanced. I'm sure that thousands of NG fans feal the way I do! Snk in there recent Bankrupt problem said so themselves that they made TOO MUCH of an investment into the NEO GEO POCKET. So if you guys have some pride for NGPC I don't blame you! But hey! It just sucks compaired to the GBA! Untill SNK comes out with a 64bit hand held I'm set on trying to get NINTENDO TO GET THE SNK GAMES GOING ON THE ADVANCED!

OK!
Moof da gou gou
and farts turn purple in the springtime!
Theone

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
Yeah the GBA can run circles 'round the SNES but then again their SNES ports weren't so hot. If SNK ever ports a Neo Geo game to the GBA theyd better do a complete rebuild for the system.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shuuchan:
Yeah the GBA can run circles 'round the SNES but then again their SNES ports weren't so hot. If SNK ever ports a Neo Geo game to the GBA theyd better do a complete rebuild for the system.

The difference is that SNK did not handle the SNES ports. Takara did. SNK did not port anything from the Neo until the days of the Saturn and PS.

------------------
Coming Soon: SNKvsCap.com