SNK Corp

Shawn

snkusa.com
I see posts throughout the forums about how SNK is dead and bankrupt, closing its doors. It’s not true bankruptcy so to speak, but it is true that SNK has alleged to start the process of Civil Reorganization, which is a legal action under the Japanese law. SNK has had a financial struggle since ’99 because of business recession, depression of the arcade video game market, and failure of the new theme park as well as too much investment in the Neo Pocket Color. However, they began receiving support from Aruze in Spring 2000. They continued their efforts to rectify the financial dept but the situation did not take a turn for the better due to the enormous amount of deficit. Unfortunately, they were unable to cover the bill of March 2001 for SNK’s creditors, this bill was dishonored. Now SNK will be doing business reconstruction under the supervision of the Court. SNK will continue to produce and release MVS games, and possibly home carts as well. SNK is not dead, the neo is not dead, not yet.

Some of us pointed that out as well, thanks Shawn for the clarification.

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Really well this is good new's man GOGO NEO-GEO YEAH !!!!!!!!! Maybe we will get MS 4 ?? hehe
wink.gif

------------------
garou_freemanstand.gif

"Back in Black....."

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I prayed to the neo geo gods!

------------------
--Shaper MC
goods-adult5.jpg

--WHAT NEO GEO'S ALL ABOUT--
--BUY MVS ONLY--

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Well yeah

------------------
garou_freemanstand.gif

"Back in Black....."

Sol Badguy

n00b
Good News...

As long as there are good manufacturers for games as SNK, I will support them...

DK1

Crazed MVS Addict
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by baller99:
so mark of the wolves on dc is still on the way?

Peter

Man I hope so!!! That conversion fairly recent news, I'm sure that it's after all of this other stuff has happened so I'm sure it's still on for sure! Rejoice!
biggrin.gif