PDA

View Full Version : How much is this thing worth??

Pichai
05-31-2001, 10:37 AM
In a local shop here, I saw a miniature cabinet. It stands about 2' tall and 1.5' wide with a maybe 15" monitor. Also included is a one slot Neo Geo board. Currently, Waku Waku 7 in there now and it plays perfect. It also has the coin drop and 2 joysticks with 10 buttons. This thing is so cute, and my boys are wanting it. He will only sell me a brand new one with no games. I want to know how much is it worth? I think someone else on the forum has one. Being an American here, you get ripped off alot on the local economy.

-Pichai

yuckydog
05-31-2001, 10:39 AM
Can you get any pictures? That sounds awesome...I wish I could get one for the kids playroom.

James

RyoGeo
05-31-2001, 11:01 AM
Pichai, I take it this is different (smaller) than the standard MVS mini? It sounds smaller. If you're unsure of what I am talking about, look at Shawn's collection on the collections page. Is it different from that? If so, I would love to see a pic as well. Sounds like it may be some kind of conversion. Pretty neat for the kids, that's for sure. I was wanting to get a regular mini (like Shawn's) myself for the same reason.

outsider
05-31-2001, 11:20 AM
That thing must be tiny! I dont think Shawn's is 2" tall. Would be a very neat addition to your collection Pichai. Did he give you an asking price?

RevQuixo
05-31-2001, 11:26 AM
2 foot tall? sounds like a counter top unit...the kind of things you see it bars and what-not. I don't believe SNK produced their own countertop units, but I could be wrong.

Rev

Pichai
05-31-2001, 11:36 AM
It does not look like Shawn's at all. It is way smaller and it is not an official SNK cabinet. It is locally made. I think it is a counter top cabinet. The unit is so small that the buttons are on top of each other, unlike most SNK cab where they're side by side. I also remember seeing one of them playing CAPCOM games. I'll get a picture of it soon. It there a way to make it play without inserting a coin. It takes Korean coins.

-Pichai

RabbitTroop
05-31-2001, 12:04 PM
Well you could set the board on free play... that would eliminate the coins. As for a price, I don't know, Capcom had these at E3 and they were running Capcom vs SNK 2 on one of them, Powerstone 2 on another I think... There were people sitting on the ground playing them... a little uncomfortable if you ask me, but I agree they are damn cool looking.

-Nick

samuraiX
05-31-2001, 12:58 PM
I would say a new one might be worth like $400. But I can't see myself paying that much for it. It does sound cool though, I can't wait to see some pics.

Orpheus
05-31-2001, 03:41 PM
PICHAI, if you could Email me some pictures it would be much apreciated. thanks!