How much is this thing worth??

Pichai

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
In a local shop here, I saw a miniature cabinet. It stands about 2' tall and 1.5' wide with a maybe 15" monitor. Also included is a one slot Neo Geo board. Currently, Waku Waku 7 in there now and it plays perfect. It also has the coin drop and 2 joysticks with 10 buttons. This thing is so cute, and my boys are wanting it. He will only sell me a brand new one with no games. I want to know how much is it worth? I think someone else on the forum has one. Being an American here, you get ripped off alot on the local economy.

-Pichai

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
Can you get any pictures? That sounds awesome...I wish I could get one for the kids playroom.

James

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Pichai, I take it this is different (smaller) than the standard MVS mini? It sounds smaller. If you're unsure of what I am talking about, look at Shawn's collection on the collections page. Is it different from that? If so, I would love to see a pic as well. Sounds like it may be some kind of conversion. Pretty neat for the kids, that's for sure. I was wanting to get a regular mini (like Shawn's) myself for the same reason.

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
That thing must be tiny! I dont think Shawn's is 2" tall. Would be a very neat addition to your collection Pichai. Did he give you an asking price?

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
2 foot tall? sounds like a counter top unit...the kind of things you see it bars and what-not. I don't believe SNK produced their own countertop units, but I could be wrong.

Rev

Pichai

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
It does not look like Shawn's at all. It is way smaller and it is not an official SNK cabinet. It is locally made. I think it is a counter top cabinet. The unit is so small that the buttons are on top of each other, unlike most SNK cab where they're side by side. I also remember seeing one of them playing CAPCOM games. I'll get a picture of it soon. It there a way to make it play without inserting a coin. It takes Korean coins.

-Pichai

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Well you could set the board on free play... that would eliminate the coins. As for a price, I don't know, Capcom had these at E3 and they were running Capcom vs SNK 2 on one of them, Powerstone 2 on another I think... There were people sitting on the ground playing them... a little uncomfortable if you ask me, but I agree they are damn cool looking.

-Nick

I would say a new one might be worth like $400. But I can't see myself paying that much for it. It does sound cool though, I can't wait to see some pics.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
PICHAI, if you could Email me some pictures it would be much apreciated. thanks!