My one and only post on the official English KOF2000

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
After enjoying a nice vacation with family, I made the mistake of visiting this forum. I am going to make one post, it will be responded to by the same people, trying their hardest to discredit whatever I say, and the same people will latch onto the responses with the same lame replies. Please dont respond. Use the other threads to respond. If you have ANY questions please email me directly at cray@neogeofreak.com I will not be reading or responding to anything in this forum. As the Dolphinlord club became, this club has progressed to the same level if idiocy. Jealous and desperate people are trying to destroy the neo. I want to lay out the facts about KOF2000. Its a fact that the blind people wont believe, but that should not taint the fact English KOF2000 is a for real 100% manufactured, printed, and shipped SNK product from Japan.

NGF went through literal hell and more money than you can imagine convince SNK to release this product. Why? To make money? There are so many better ways to take the large amount of money we wired to SNK Japan and turn the profit we are on KOF2000. The fact is we didnt want another japanese only title(ie. MS3) when it could be prevented.

We tried to do it right from the beginning.

We contacted ALL the retailers and offered them the product at the same price as the Japanese.

We offered them to contact SNK Japan to verify this is for real.

Since these retailers did not want to preorder from us, and we could not meet the minimum 1000 units for SNK to foot the bill for English printing/translation what were we supposed to do? Just say fuck it? No, we offered to PAY for SNK to get the materials translated, AND for them to be printed and assembled in Japan. This cost us a TREMENDOUS amount of money. We could have just said forget it, and not bothered. But we did. We did despite knowing that we would have the same doubters in the consumer market, and to make matters worse, the price would escalate tremendously because of our small order. Despite all of this, we did go ahead with everything. Since we paid for everything regarding the English release to SNK Japan, we were able to get them to include our URL on the materials. Once again, we knew the same complaints may surface, but we decided to look past the people that want to ruin the neo market.

Skimming through all the posts, i wondered:

It boggles my logical mind how these facts can be disputed:

1. There are multiple people that have called SNK Japan and recieved the response that there is an official US KOF2000 and NGF is the official Distributor for US KOF2000. Are all these people to be ignored?

2. We begged people to call SNK Japan and verify about the US version of KOF2000. Including the phone numbers and contact information for everyone possible. Why would we do this if it wasnt for real?

3. We displayed the US version of KOF2000 the same days as the Japanese, with people recieving their copies as quickly as the Jap copies, and everything just so happened to look the same? If you have the Jap manual, LOOK AT IT, could that possibly be translated and printed by NGF locally, regardless of time?

4. We ordered 1 case(12 carts) of Jap KOF2000 for people that wanted both. We received 12 Jap carts, and 100 US carts. We have NO ADDITIONAL materials, manuals, inserts, stickers. We have no means to reprint or reproduce ANYTHING. There are Nine Thousand Nine Hundred(9900) Japanese KOF2000 carts in the world and One Hundred(100) US KOF2000 carts in the world. There will be no more jap or US carts produced.

The cynicism runs at a level on this board that is beyond belief. This is why I have chosen not to participate anymore. No matter how this may sound to people that read this board, I really am just tired of the handful of morons that ruined this board.

If you collect jap carts you shouldnt have bothered even reading any of the threads about the US version, why would you care? If you collect US carts, and have a jap KOF2000, you can be sure you DO NOT have the "only" offcial version of KOF2000, despite what these people want you to beleive.

I am very proud to have been one of the people to be DIRECTLY responsible for the release of a US cartridge when we were setup for another MS3 incident. Skimming these forums only turns that proud feeling into disgust with people that are trying to ruin it for others.

I WILL respond to people with individual questions. BUT YOU HAVE TO EMAIL ME DIRECTLY. I am not posting or reading these forums any longer. If you want a response and you want to also post, please copy me. For any negative comments, like I said, please use the other threads.

Have a happy holidays.

Chris Ray

NGF-USA