My order with NCS

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
This is the first time I'm having problem with NCS, I preordered 2 copies of KOF 200 from them, and I was charged for that amount, when it arrived later today, I only got one copy. So, I'll ask NCS tomorrow for credit of one copy ($332) back, I'll report tomorrow and let everyone know how NCS handles this situation.

I understand it's around Christmas and mistakes bound to happen (they get way too many orders) but if anyone has dealt with NCS concerning errors on the order please give us some feedback.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Well I ordered two copies and got two copies. And so far in over three years, no mistakes by them other than a few cheap nonworking Saturn/PSX converter carts, which they resolved immediately. Both my KOF2Ks work perfectly, and from the cart restock they had recently, I got quite a few . . .

NCS is, in a word, the best online retailer for videogames and systems, bar none.
biggrin.gif

Shawn

snkusa.com
After months of useless emails to NCS, I finally secured a deal with them via a firm phone call. They told me on the phone that they could not sell me anymore than 10 pieces, which was not the case via email. Not only that, my discount was insignificant, and they refused to take any of my 3 major credit cards. I know they wouldn’t take paypal, iescrow, or wire transfer, so my only option was mailing payment. I paid NCS in full for my 10 copies of KoF 2000 on 12/19/00. I have yet to receive my KoF 2000’s, or an email response. Halleluiah, all praise NCS!!
biggrin.gif

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Seems to me Shawn, all you need to do is call them on the phone, 718-523-5774 and ask what is the tracking number of the order. Susan is very helpful and has always had an answer for me when I called . . .

As for the discount, remember that NCS has a lower markup than virtually any other internet retailer, and therefore probably has less room to mark the carts down. But I wouldn't worry, the KOF2K carts are bound to maintain their values and even INCREASE in price, despite Dion's bullshit stories about it having dropped to $270 2 days after its release . . . what an idiotic statement that was . . .

Emailing works in small amounts, but most of the time I just call them on the phone (the exception being the cart restock and my KOF2K order for 2 carts, I emailed that immediately after I saw the news on their site in both cases).

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Hey, I just got email from NCS which they found the error and shipped another one today, anyway, I'll feel more comfortable when I actually have the second cart. Until then, I'm playing LaserActive games right now since seeing the KOF 2K makes me worry about the whole deal.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Shawn, I'll have to agree with Bryce's comment, neither SNK nor NCS makes good margin on those games, as a matter of fact, SNK/NCS are doing us a favor for releasing the game. I knew NCS was swamped with orders and it'll be impossible for them to ship everything correctly. I would say for a retailer to make a healthy profit, they'll have to charge at least $460 (Game Choice Club charges $400).

What makes NCS different is the way they handle mistakes, they simply fix it right away. Compared to Buyrite which I have heard many horror stories over screwups and mistakes that I won't even get into details.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
OK, just an update, NCS gave me the tracking number of the second copy shipped yesterday, and it's on the way, I'll update again when I actually receive the 2nd cart.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by vincewy:
OK, just an update, NCS gave me the tracking number of the second copy shipped yesterday, and it's on the way, I'll update again when I actually receive the 2nd cart.

I'm glad everything worked out for you, Vince!
smile.gif

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Does anybody happen to know if the Japanese carts come with the square NeoGeo sticker that "seals" the cart? The reason I ask is that my KoF 2k did not come with such a sticker. Not only that, but it has those scuff marks on the back of the cart from inserting it into a system if you're not careful (y'know, where those two verticle guide raisings are in the system cart slot?). I think I just paid full retail for a used cart.

The reason I ask about the sticker is that my MS3 came w/o a sticker too, but then again, it also had cart scuffs. I am wondering why my carts are all used!

Anyway, if anybody knows about the sticker thing, please respond here. The only new Japanese carts I have ever purchased were these last two and I appear to be experiencing the same problem with both.

Thanks,

-RyoGeo

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Both MS3's I got and both KOF2k's I got did not have the sticker sealing them.

------------------
Keith

mmlink.gif

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
...of the plastic clamshell cases for Shock Troopers 2 & Mark of the Wolves (New/Direct from SNK USA) no sticker "seals". Of the MS3 (New from BUY-WRONG) and KOF2000 (New from NCS) again, no sticker. Do the clamshell cases even come sealed?

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Starting Feb 1998, SNK ran out of those sticker and all new games come w/o Neo-Geo sealer. First game that came w/o it is Last Blade, both US/Jp versions.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
My friend's brand new KoF 2000 had marks on the back as if something had made forceful contact with it (or forceful enough to leave marks behind) and my new Metal Slug 3 had 3 very noticeable bends in the insert, despite being new. Hundreds of dollars for that kind of product is absolute shit.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
OK, I got the second copy from NCS today, thank god they didn't commit fraud.

As far as mark from a brand new cart, do you know that it comes from contact with huge SNK plastic logo inside the box, IMO, the SNK logo inside is too big, while there're still enough space in the case to move around the cart.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
I figured it comes from that, but really, it's unacceptable in my view. This is a large part of why I really hate the new style boxes. My MS3 cart was perfect, only the insert was not. Looking very closely though at where the marks are, they do not appear to line up with any particular part of the logo which could have caused the damage. Oh well, I just hope mine will be nice whenever I decide to get it, unless I go MVS.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Does NCS still have KOF 2000 in stock ? I've been away from the Neo Scene for a while and missed the pre-orders.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Hi Tony:

Nice to see you back, if you need KOF 200 home cart, I have one on eBay with KOF 2000 magazine and VCD, very cool item.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Well, my package also includes KOF 2000 magazine and VCD, trust me, it's a must have for serious collectors.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Hey, I got my kof 2000 from buy-rite last friday...just wanted to let you guys know that they delivered promptly.
smile.gif

D

DigiPunk

Really? SNK/NCS really DOES do us all a favor by putting out the newest games if that is the case.

I think they also stand to gain some goodwill by giving the public at large what they wish. Let's face it - people that can afford $300+ for a game is bound to purchase more than that game in the future. NCS, or any other retailer, stands to gain much more business in other areas by offering Neo Geo games for sale.

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
In response to Neo Bomber Man's post about the scuff marks...my NEW MS3 from NCS had a few noticeable marks on the back. On closer inspection, they came from the SNK logo on the inside of the case; probably from moving around in there. Sure this really bugs the shit out of me - I paid over $300 for this game - but I eventually got over it. Time is a healer of anything my friends.

Everything else is in NEW condition, and seeing that I'm a very careful gamer, I'm confident that MS3 will remain a key game in my collection. I believe that these marks are no fault of NCS. They're an asset to the Neo Geo community, and I hope they'll bring over more affordable Neo Geo merchandise in the future.

...can't say the same for NGFools

C

Caris Nautilus

I have always had super smooth deals with NCS.

Once I ordered a game overnight, It didnt come overnight, And NCS gave me free shipping.

They have always been super smooth when I got a defective game I had to send back for a replacment also.

As for emails they get TONS of them, As peter has told me its always better to call, Sometimes emails to them get lost ect. on the way there, It's happened before.

Anyways Ive had no problems phoneing in orders to them.

NCS and Tronix are the 2 best importers around.

------------------
psdmini.gif

http://prizmdash.cjb.net