Garou: MOTW on NGCD, is this real?

S

Silent_Scope

Remember Neo CD will take forever to load....
I'd rather not to think about CD version

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Well, it sure looks real to me. If it isn't, it must be the highest quality fake CD back cover I've EVER seen.

Funny how no sites have ever mentioned anything about this, and up to now its been assumed (and seemingly true) that the Neo CD is dead.

However, I agree with Silen_Scope about the load time. Although I would buy the CD if it came out, the load time would undoubtedly be horrible.

Actually, for those who didn't manage to get the home cart for a reasonable price, the MVS cart has dropped a LOT in value, you should be able to get them pretty cheap now. As in, under 150. A one-slot board can be had for around 125 now, too. That leaves a Super NOVA (if you want to use a TV, $300) or an arcade cabinet for the one-slot board.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Well one thing I did notice is it is missing the NGCD number off the back. I would find it a little hard to beleave there was a english version made first and not a japanese. No I think it is a fan art cover, but a good one.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Nice...I agree. It looks authentic, but has to be fan made. I heard rumors of it coming out long time ago, but it is too late now. It would be nice if it came out, though.

Still, I must thank SNK for not releasing MOTW for the cd version. That game was the main reason why I went for the AES system.

S

Silent_Scope

Agree with those experienced Neo gamers.
It's really nice cover art though.....
smile.gif

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Silent_Scope:
Agree with those experienced Neo gamers.
It's really nice cover art though.....
smile.gif

It could be an elaborate (albeit convincing) hoax. I'd be the first to buy a copy if it was authentic, tho'!
biggrin.gif

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited December 25, 2000).]

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
The pic is obviously fake. If it was real, it would have been printed. Which means it would have some sort of pattern from the ink. This one doesnt, so it obviously not possible that it could be real. Sides, we all know snk never released a cd of it.

------------------
-nick_th_fury

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
DONT IT SAY ITS FAKE?
ON THE SITE I MEAN, ITS GOT A LIST AS TO "WHY" IT COULD NEVER BE A NEO CD GAME.......
DEVIL GUI

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
It's got a list of why the full game could never be realized on NGCD, though a version with less animation frames or sprite reduction could work.