English KOF2K is Real !!!!

Neo Fan

King's Dry Cleaner
I received my copy of the English KOF2K today from NGF. If there was any doubt as to the authenticity of this game it is gone now. I took out the insert and compared it to other NGF made inserts and the quality is definately better. It is the same quality material as SNK manufactured inserts. You can also tell that the printing method is the same on the English KOF2K as on other SNK manufactured inserts. The same is true with the manual and cart sticker. There is no way they printed the inserts, etc. here and replaced the jap ones. I have a Slug 3 that they converted to English, and the quality on KOF is much higher.

As for the URL on the backbox, I admit that I didn't like that at first. It is also printed on the manual and on a tamper-proof sticker on the side of the cart. Now with some after thought, I think it's ok. It seems that NGF is the official US distributor for homecarts. I looked at some promotional posters that I have, and they too have the websites and distributor names on them. Also I have a French Sengoku 2 which has the distributor's name on the back of the manual. And, of course, Jap carts have SNK's URL on the back. So, I guess this will be the new standard for US cart releases.

Anthony

[This message has been edited by Neo Fan (edited December 24, 2000).]

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Congratulations on wasting $230+ on your "official NGF" cart. Most people here aren't going to bother with it, but as long as you don't care about your money and the ugly neogeofreak URL on the back, enjoy it! I'll keep my Japanese versions, the game plays the same anyway. And at almost half the price of the "English" cart . . .
biggrin.gif

I`ll only believe it when I see neogeofreak.com advertised as an SNK US representative on neogeo.co.jp

F

frogman

SNK doesn't list any distributor. Not even their Asia branch, EEI or Gevin.

"the frog"

F

frogman

I got ym English KoF2K and all I can say is WOW! It is 100% authentic and looks amazing. Everything Neo fan said is correct. The insert is the exact same print as all other SNK inserts. Upon inspection anyone can easily see that the English KoF2K insert was printed by the same place that does all the other SNK inserts. There is no doubt that this was printed in Japan by SNK. The manual is also amazing. It is huge with very high gloss pages. The screen shots are crystal clear and everything is in perfect order. My cartridge was in perfect shape and completely mint. I also got a free KoF2K flyer with my order. The flyer lists Gevin and EEI on it with their address and telephone numbers. I guess SNK now lists their distributors on their products. I am very happy with how smooth and fast this NGF deal was. I will recommend them to anyone who asks me.

"the frog"

S

Silent_Scope

NGF, please publish an ad on major videogame mags to claim that you are the "ONLY" distributor in US.....

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by Silent_Scope:
NGF, please publish an ad on major videogame mags to claim that you are the "ONLY" distributor in US.....

Thats a good idea. Put a full page add in EGM or soemthing, So everyone will know you are the REAL usa distributor

------------------
psdmini.gif

http://prizmdash.cjb.net