English and Jap inserts compared

F

frogman

Go look at the big side by side comparison page of both the English and Japanese KoF 2000 inserts. The English insert wins in my opinion. I think the Jap vesion is really plain. What's with the small screen shot on the Jap version? I'm glad I got the English version. Here is the url http://www.neogeofreak.com/kof2000evj.htm

"the frog"

S

Silent_Scope

Just shut the fuck up. If you like English insert then it's your business. If you like to shake the hands with Devil and that's fine. I can tell you are lost from the Neo Geo paradise.

HPMAN

UI resident
Since a cart have english text, it's ugly...

JAP is much more beautifull, also, you can read the title, on the side on the cart vertically, no headaches trying to read title horizontally !!
tongue.gif

Want screenshots ? so why US carts doesn't have one on the side of the cart ?

Beside this, what's the interest in US carts ? US collection is bend to be incomplete (missing -official- games in US library).

In addition, who can prove there is only 100 made ? Once prices will go high, who can prove NGF won't sell som extra ones at mega price ? Even if 100 is the right number, what if NGF keep 25 for speculating ?

If you're happy with your US cart, that's good for you, but you won't convince me...

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
I DONT AGREE THE "NGF" INSERT IS ANYTHING(PRETTIER MORE BEAUTIFUL MORE FLARE ETC), BUT UGLIER.......HONESTLY........

WILL THEY UPDATE WITH A NOTE THAT "GUI_LONG SNK DEVIL IS THE ONLY EXCEPTION" ?

BECAUSE OTHERWISE ITS A LIE........
DEVIL GUI

[This message has been edited by DEVIL_GUI (edited December 23, 2000).]

F

frogman

I'm very happy. I think the English version is better in every way. Bigger screen shots and text without that big ugly white box on the back of the jap. All the collectors I know only want English versions.

"the frog"

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
bloodbar.gif

Originally posted by Dion:
I'm very happy. I think the English version is better in every way. Bigger screen shots and text without that big ugly white box on the back of the jap. All the collectors I know only want English versions.

"Dion"

The English version of what?
The KOF2K US cart dose not exist without some proof from either documentation or an official confirmation from SNK of Japan.

------------------
akuma1.gif

Lord Illicious
Primal Massiah
Soul Reaver

Wu Dan Neo Devil of Illness
bloodbar.gif

F

frogman

Sorry to burst your little bubble, but I am not Dion. I called SNK and they confirmed the English version. And look at the other people who confirmed it. Even the moderators. Call and ask about NGF-USA.

"the frog"

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
bloodbar.gif

Originally posted by frogman:
Sorry to burst your little bubble, but I am not Dion. I called SNK and they confirmed the English version. And look at the other people who confirmed it. Even the moderators. Call and ask about NGF-USA.

"the frog"

No, the only one that has confirmed it was you and only you come out of nowhere doing that.No one else has confirmed it by calling SNK of Japan.
If you aint Dion then you sure as hell sound and write like he does especially when it comes to justfying yourself.
I mean cmon, who would say "All the collectors I know only want English versions"

Ok ok, you are not Dion cuz you are the "Frogman" and you seem to have all the right words.

------------------
akuma1.gif

Lord Illicious
Primal Massiah
Soul Reaver

Wu Dan Neo Devil of Illness
bloodbar.gif

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Who cares what NAMGORF says, if he isn't Dion or Chris, then he's one of their lackeys anyway.

Bottom line dude, I and almost everyone else already got our authentic JAPANESE KOF2K carts, and that's all we need. No way would I be stupid enough to pay YOU $227 more to get that insert with the big ugle WWW.NEOGEOFREAK.COM crap on the back of the insert. That just ruins the look and value of the cart, in my opinion, and if SNK had anything to do with printing it, they should be ashamed.

Keep your 100 precious overpriced "NGF" carts, we don't need them. Well, MOST of us don't need them, anyway.
mad.gif

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
Sorry for posting this message twice, but I feel it is appropriate to this thread as well.

Just wondering... If the English version of the KOF2000 cart is "official SNK", then why would they leave the barcode off the English version? Wouldn't a real version have a barcode and serial number?

It can be seen from the Neofreak page that the english version is missing the barcode: http://www.neogeofreak.com/kof2000evj.htm

Seems that an "official version" should have an identifing serial number. I wonder if there is even an SNK copyright included on the english version.

F

frogman

I wondered about the NGF url on the back of the insert myself. I was a little skeptical when I saw that. But after talking to NGF, they told me that SNK-Japan had been putting their url on their inserts for years. They told me that all the distributors do that now. They are sending me a free KoF 200 flyer and they say on the back it lists Gevin and EEI. So I think SNK really does put company urls and info on print material. NGF said since they paid for the exclusive rights, they wanted their url on the insert so there would be no confusion. I wondered about it at first, but it makes sense if you think about it. My game should be here tomorrow. I'll look it over and report back.

"the frog"

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Thanks Dion . . . uh, I mean "frogman".
wink.gif

We'll be anxiously awaiting your "report".
rolleyes.gif

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

THERE IS URLS ON THE JAP CARTS I HAVE..IF NGF HAD A DEAL WITH SNK,THEN WHERE THE FUCK IS THE DOCUMENTATION FROM THIS DEAL?IVE ASKED CHRIS RAY IN THE CHAT NUMEROUS TIMES WITH SOME LAME REPLY..THERE WOULD BE SOME SORT OF BUISINESS CONTRACTS OR DOCUMENTATION STATEING THIS DEAL..THIS WHOLE THING IS UTTER BULLSHIT AND PERSONALLY I COULD GIVE A RATT FUK..BUT LIARS TEND TO GET MY OROCHIWOLFSBLOOD BOILING IN A VIOLENT RAGE,I HATE LIARS..AND THIEVES...JAP CARTS ARE WAY COOLER LOOKING ANYWAY FUCK U.S CARTS...I GOT BOTH BUT I PREFER JAP...

F

frogman

What business in their right mind would post their exclusive agreement contracts or other private documentation? Do other places post that private info for your prying eyes? No.

"the frog"

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Agreed, No legitmate business would post their dealings online but also, Would a Legitmate business would waste their time here trying to do nothing other than sell their fake inserts to a majority of people who just don't care about it myself inculded? Feh. I personally think you're over-praising the english insert too much. It wasn't printed by SNK/Azure which means it's fake. Simple and easy. The NeoGeoFreak URL on the bottom pretty much shattered any illusions about the cart being worth anything. Try to come up with something other than the lame excuse that you are official Dion. Now I know why many others are disgusted by your attitude. You do nothing but come here and advertise yourself like you're someone who has something EVERYONE wants but can't afford kind of talk. Just go and try to discuss something else besides that fake cart. It's giving me a headache to even look at it...

BonusKun

[This message has been edited by BonusKun (edited December 24, 2000).]

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
And on top of all that Bonuskun, Dion and Chris can't even post under their real names here anymore, because their reputation is so worthless. They have to come here as "frogman", who as anyone can see is Dion 100% through. Who cares, I'm not paying that joke price for the "English" KOF2K cart, I already got my Japanese ones and so did most others in these forums. Dion, if you want to sell your tainted carts, take them all to eBay and sell them to the suckers there instead of trying to hawk that junk here. You're wasting your breath here . . .

F

frogman

What's your real name Chimpmeister? My name is Fred Rafidi, and I am not one of Dion's or Chris's friends. It seems you're the only person upset about the KoF2K being official. I don't know why. I think it's in our best interest that NGF will be bringing out more games. Finally we have people helping the Neo scene that we can contact and have direct info from. That in itself is great.

"the frog"

smurphy570

Kula's Candy
if they wanted to help the neo scene they would be more like turbozonedirect...with good service and somewhat reeasonable prices !

C

Caris Nautilus

umm fred rafidi is so made up, lol. You should really post under your real name

S

Silent_Scope

I think his real name is Freddy Krueger
"Nightmare on Neo street"

C

Caris Nautilus

And look at dions creativness, frogmans sig was just "The Frog" lol

------------------
psdmini.gif

http://prizmdash.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by Caris Nautilus (edited December 25, 2000).]

LastResort

King's Dry Cleaner
Who said that NGF is a bussines or company ?
It's just 2 guys trying to rip people off.
I bet they dont even pay the right taxes, like other legit companys or bussines do.

They suck period.

On to some more interesting stuff.

Vince2K

Crazed MVS Addict
So there's a US version of KOF 2K? Wow, i'm sure that Chris and Dion will put a downloadable version of a hi-res scan of the insert, for the fans who don't have enough money to enhance their collection with this new fake...

And what about the others scans, supposed to be available on their website? (oh, surprise, their's no links, and only the price of their f.... CD)

As for me, Dion and Chris are just good enough to work in their garage, trying to rip of neofans ass...But their bad reputation is so huge that even here, in France, we've heard about them and their weird stuff.

Anyway, i do love US inserts, and i'd love to see a great site with downloads, the link to Nick the Fury's ones is dead
redface.gif
(

See ya neofans, and enjoy KOF2K (japanese version of course!)

hupplark_39

Kabuki Klasher
WOW Vince 2K,
That is the best news i have heard in a long time. Looks like when your a fucken crook news does travel fast! Keep spreaden the news cause this asshole is going down with the rest of his shit! hupplark_39

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by frogman:
Go look at the big side by side comparison page of both the English and Japanese KoF 2000 inserts. The English insert wins in my opinion.

It only wins because it was published by Neo-Geo Freak; get my drift here, Froggy? Besides, that is a dead link you posted, Frog.

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!