What do you guys recommend??

Maxim

Kabuki Klasher
I want to get another Neo Geo system,(My old Cartridge got busted and me, like a dumbass sold it, this was like 2 years ago when I got bored of Neo Geo, I only had Cyber-Lip and Top Players Gold.), I was thinking of getting a Neo Geo CD or CDZ. I talked to some guy that said the load times are hell, about 10 seconds between round in KOF for example. I cant stand long load times, but the games are really cheap. Then I figured I'd get another Cart system and get that MVS Converter thing. I also thought about saving up and just getting a MVS cabinet, which would take awhile considering the price. Maybe I should sell my PS2,haha. I still dont know what I should get. If you guys could give me some recommendation I would be more than grateful.
Thanks.

------------------
"Everyone's Gonna Die!!"

[This message has been edited by Maxim (edited December 22, 2000).]

Wan-Fu

Galford's Armourer
Get a cart system and buy a few good cheap games while waiting for the converter. My recommendation for gamers on a budget:

KoF 98 - $150
Samurai Showdown - $30
Samurai Showdown 2 - $50
Magician Lord - $30
NAM 1975 - $40

Or get a Super NOVA from MAS -$300- and MSV 1-slot from ebay -$150- and buy all the MVS games you want.

Maxim

Kabuki Klasher
Super Nova from MAS??
What's MAS??

------------------
"Everyone's Gonna Die!!"

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Forget the CD if you hate load times. MVS cabinets are actually quite cheap. If you dont want the extra hassle a cabinet might bring though, look at:
www.gwtrading.com (HGA maker) www.massystems.com (SuperNOVA)

+ MVS board = you neo solution for cheap

Check it Nick_th_fury's website, he has good info on it.

Maxim

Kabuki Klasher
Well thanks to those of you that left some feedback. I decided that I'm going to get a Cabinet. I sold my PS2 and consulted my local loanshark and have enough money to buy one. Now my question is, Is $550 bucks a lot or reasonable for a 25 inch screen,4-slot Neo Geo MVS Cabinet?? It appears to be a sit-down model. I'll probably get it anyways, just wanted an opinion.

------------------
"Everyone's Gonna Die!!"

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
If its in very good condition, i.e. no monitor burn-in, cabinet in decent shape, sticks and buttons good, speakers, etc. then thats a good price. However, are you sure its a sit down cabinet? If so, its probably not an SNK original cab . . .

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Actually the sitdown cabinets are the SNK Candy Cabinets from Japan... they are very nice actually. $550 for a cabinet and 4 slot board is not too bad. That cabinet is worth about $300 (lowest I have seen a sitdown 25" candy go for was $255, but it was not in great shape). $250 for a Four slot board is a little high, but to get the whole thing wired and ready as soon as it ships to you is worth a lot!!! especially if this is the first time you have delt with arcade machines or the jamma wirring harness. Did the cabinet come with any games to sweeten the deal? Also, if you decided not to get this one, check out superauctions.com and see if a super auction is coming to your town soon. They are the largest auctioners of Arcade Equipment, and the best thing about it... you bring a truck to the site and take it home that day... no shipping fees. Well, hope you like your MVS cabinet, I love mine.

-Nick

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
I say go with an MVS cabinet. You can get every cartridge game, which is to say nearly every single NG game ever made, a nice monitor, the best controls, memory card slots are available, there is no censorship, you need not get a deub bios modification to access all the goddies by activating dip codes and of course, cheap games await. It's worth saving up, as long as the machine you want will fit through the front door…

Maxim

Kabuki Klasher
Yeah, thanks. It is in really good condition, ie. no monitor burns, good buttons, but no games. Here's a pic of it,hopefully, and as you can tell by the stool, it seems like a sit down model.
Dsc00086.jpg

Dsc00083.jpg

I really hate it when the pics change the size of the text, you have to scroll to the sides.

------------------
"Everyone's Gonna Die!!"

[This message has been edited by Maxim (edited December 27, 2000).]

S

Silent_Scope

Looks cool. That's the cabinet I want
$550 is a good price.
I've contacted a local arcade and they'll sell brand new cabinet (27" monitor, 4 slots plus 4 games - MS X, MS 3, KOF 2000, and Shock Troopers 2) for $2700.

juanjuan

World Soccer '96
I have a 29 inch version that I bought from that same guy. Very nice guy, but make sure to ask about the condition of the cab and any known problems and check with yellowfreight for the EXACT freight charges. Remember that you are not getting the exact one that you are getting in the picture, so if possible make him take one from the actual unit. When I received mine it was dirty as hell, the left stick was all messed up and I had to do some rewiring to get the LED lights, and the memory card to work, but the screen IS beautiful and it IS a sitdown model, very compact and it even has wheels on the back that makes it easy to carry. Also, dont forget to ask for the dimensions on the unit and make sure that it fits your door and that you dont have to carry it through stairs, that cabinet is much heavier than what you might think(think a washer). Hope that helps

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

I BOUGHT THE EXACT SAME MACHINE AS THE ONE ABOVE IN THE PIK OFF THAT DUDE..I LOVE IT!! GET IT IF YOU CAN...