Fake English King of Fighters on Ebay Again!

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
All right, I will have to make a comment. Admitedly, it looks great, and appear authentic. If anyone wants to buy them, they should go for it. I have the money, but there is no way that I am going to spend that much cash to get another KOF 2000 cart for a US cover and manual. I am not a die hard collector. I buy the game to mainly play. I can read enough Japanese to read all the manual anyways (for some strange reason, all of my carts are Jap, as it is).

[This message has been edited by Master Terry Bogard (edited December 22, 2000).]

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
If it says NeoGeoFreak.Com, it is guaranteed fake.
tongue.gif

-BioMotor_Unitron

S

Silent_Scope

always buy things from SNK, not those "official distributors"

rstreck

Armored Scrum Object
Anyone who buys into this garbage is a grade A moron! Think of it this way. If NGF was indeed to be the official distributer for the English version of KOF 2000, why did the insert for thier original bootleg English KOF 2000 look completely different? The answer is because they had no idea what it was going to look like because they have NO connections at SNK. All they did, was wait untill they got a Japanese insert and then made it into english just like they did with MS3. Anyone who thinks that this English KOF 2000 insert and manual was made anywhere else than Kinko's deserves what they get.

Ryan

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Quickly,

Being a distrubutor of SNK products is one thing. (there are many distrubutors of SNK products). All this is, is someone who is recongized by SNK to sell thier product. Now if this distrubutor decided to make there own package for the products they recieve that is thier choice. but as I said before its not official SNK and never well be anything more then a fan made insert, sticker and manual, and therefore not worth the paper it is printed on IMO.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Hey,
Who would pay $800 for double dragon English
smile.gif

Oh I also like we have been in businees for 5 years but you can pay us by credit card via pay pal or bid pay. You know why this is done, so you can not dispute the charges on your card. well I see they offer the Japanes version for $270. But even then I am glad I bought from NCS for $330. As I said I only support respectable businesses, AND NGF just does not qualify as one IMO.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
You know... I've really gotten to the point that I don't care about Dion and his futile attempts to make his lunch money anymore.

I used to get all annoyed about it... but at this moment I've come to the realization that NGF are just like roaches... never die, ALWAYS living.

With that in mind... I just buy a stronger bottle of "Raid"... I just prevent myself from dealing with them at ALL costs. I hope that nobody gets SO desperate to see english text that they would risk their hard earned cash to deal with such scrubs. We all know their history... so if you drop your guard and decide to actually give them a chance, you deserve everything you (don't) get.

Just don't come crying here when they do rip you off... we all knew it was going to happen in the first place.

[This message has been edited by VinylBoy (edited December 22, 2000).]

F

frogman

How can people actually think NGF made the manual and insert and had it ready before the Japanese release? The English koF 2000 is for real. Why else would NGF keep telling everyone to call SNK. That's why I called, and sorry to tell you guys, but NGF is right.

"the frog"

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
I created an English insert/sticker/manual for MS3 BEFORE the Japanese release of the cart, so it is not impossible.

------------------
Keith

mmlink.gif

F

frogman

Did it look exactly like the Japanese manual? Did your insert and sticker look exact? There is no denying that the English KoF 2000 is legit and made from SNK. Everthing is the same. Does anyone have the jap version of KoF 2000 yet? How does it compare to the English version? I want to see the back of the jap insert.

"the frog"

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
look even if it is official it is not worth the paper it is printed on if it comes with Neogeofreak on it. and exspecial not worth $250+ more
smile.gif
that is just plain silly. I will admit that english carts when first released tend to go up in value more. but when they are first released they come out at the same priced. Unless someone is trying to make a big profit which we all know is true and that is one pratice I will never support.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by frogman:
Did it look exactly like the Japanese manual? Did your insert and sticker look exact? There is no denying that the English KoF 2000 is legit and made from SNK. Everthing is the same. Does anyone have the jap version of KoF 2000 yet? How does it compare to the English version? I want to see the back of the jap insert.

"the frog"

Another NGF first: a customer who dances around questions like Dion. Why don't you post that number you supposedly called? I have friends who can speak fluent Japanese, and they could tell me whether SNK of Japan considers NGF an offical US distributor or not.

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Did it look exactly like the Japanese manual? Did your insert and sticker look exact? There is no denying that the English KoF 2000 is legit and made from SNK.
-------------------------

Spoken by someone who obviously has no idea what they are talking about. Having an insert that looks just like the Jap version, well SNK rarely did that. Most of SNK's US inserts look very, very different from the Japanese counterpart. That is Fact.

Is the NGF Us insert official? I do not know, I also really dont care. I allready have my kof2K, and I am very pleased. All my KOF carts are Japanese. Just the way I like them.
As far as the NGF manual & insert, maybe there real. Or maybe someone scanned in the manual, replaced the type with english, and hit save. Very easy to do. As long as you have someone to translate it for you.
With low-res pics that NGF has put up, it is in my opinion Impossible to tell if its real or not. Anybody who really cares should do what NGF suggested. Call SNK.

------------------
-nick_th_fury

F

frogman

If you or your friends call SNK, you won't need to speak Japanese. They speak perfect English. Here are the numbers I called.

SNK - 011-81-6-6339-5577
EEI - 714-952-2833
NGF - 702-256-8401

Call for yourself and find out.

"the frog"

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I just looked at the seller's (dkd4) most recent feedback. Seems dion got another negative. Too bad people cannot retract positive feedbacks. dion would have lost a lot when those poor saps found out they had a collectible as valuable as your average dog turd.

-BioMotor_Unitron