Anyone here order LB2 for DC?

Tokyo Drifter

Rugal's Thug
I just got mine in today. So far so good. Load times are super quick although the sound is a bit tinny. Sorta like the Neo ports on Saturn. It could just be my tv at work though. I'll give it a bigger play through at home.

S

Silent_Scope

Haven't got mine yet........it should be on its way from NCS

Jackal

SouthTown StreetSweeper
I went ahead and confirmed my preorder with NCS. My guess is that it'll be coming tomorrow.

It'll be good to play LB2 without the long load times. I'm optimistic that the DC port will turn out perfect given the RAM the system has.

Jackal
gameoverdude.jpg
www.gameoverdude.com

D

DigiPunk

I have yet to receive my copy of LB2 either. I better cross my fingers and hope for tomorrow. I also have a job interview tomorrow (Although only for a temp outfit). Wish me luck!

O

Omega-NEO

I don't see why the sound would suffer any kind of losses on the DC. It has an awesome Yamaha sound system in it. If anything the sound should be better on the DC. Maybe your TV speakers suck or something. Not to be mean or anything... but the DC probably isn't at fault if the sound is weak.

Maxim

Kabuki Klasher
Yes I have. I got mine on Wednesday and have been playing since. It just rocks. The mini game it has after you pass the game is also a lot of fun. I think SNK should make some more ports for DreamCast, until I get my Neo Geo. Although this game is great and all, I still prefer KOF99 Evolution, I think it's because KOF games have faster gameplay. Also, the sound is great. I didn't notice much a difference than the arcade version, (I had to play it in the arcade again before I went home to play it on DreamCast). Well, gonna go play some more now...

------------------
"Everyone's Gonna Die!!"

[This message has been edited by Maxim (edited December 22, 2000).]

Tokyo Drifter

Rugal's Thug
Yeah, I got my KOF 2000 through NCS which was unfortunately delayed by frickin UPS. My Last Blade package was through Tronix and it came a day before. Tronix switched to exclusive Fed Ex instead of UPS and perhaps this delay is part of the reason.

Tokyo Drifter

Rugal's Thug
The DC is perfectly capable of great sounds. I haven't played the home cart version of LB2 so it may be a perfect sound port, but compared to the job they did with 99 Evolution on DC, I was really hoping for clearer voices. The music seems to suffer a bit too. These are minor complaints though. This is still a fantastic game!

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
My copy of LB-DC arrived and its quite good. The sound and music seem fine and the traditional LB gameplay is intact. My question is: what is so final about this version? I haven't heard anything myself, but surely this can't be the 'final' chapter in the series.

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

danny

n00b
Are you guys playing the import version of Last Blade? if so, where can I also purchase it and will it work on my American DC? will I need some type of converter to make it run? Sorry, for the newbie questions but I am new to this and I'm a big fan of SNK.

S

Silent_Scope

you'll either need a "boot" CD or get your system moded. I'm sure other ppl will bring LB to US DC since sales are booming for Sega of America.

Maxim

Kabuki Klasher
Danny: Just get a GameShark, That's how I've been playing my imports, ie.KOF99 Evolution. I'm sure someone will bring it over but then again who wants to wait??

------------------
"Everyone's Gonna Die!!"

danny

n00b
Thanks Maxim & silent_scope, I think I will get the Game Shark along with LB2. Now does anyone know which site has the best prices on DC imports?

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Don't waste your money on a Gameshark, danny. I downloaded a small CD image file from www.dccopyworld.com and created a Utopia Boot CD, which works PERFECTLY and cost me NOTHING (well, except the price of a blank CDR which I burned the image onto). Now I can play Guilty Gear X, Last Blade 2 FE, and any other imports that I want to no problem. I downloaded the CD image in Nero format, and used Nero to burn the image onto the blank CD. They have Disc Juggler format too, I think.

Oh, and BTW LB2:FE is an EXCELLENT port, very nicely done, and a BIG plus for people into fighting games. Previously you had to pay a fortune for the cart ($400+) or get a Neo CD and wait FOREVER for it to load (one of the worst Neo CDs for loading time). Now, you can have a quick-loading DC version which preserves the look and the feel of the game VERY well. I agree with Tokyo Drifter that the sound can be a bit distorted in places, but when you consider that the cart and MVS sound is exactly the same way (due to limitations of the cart/MVS sound system), it fine with me.

Anyone who DOESN'T have LB2:FE should get it IMMEDIATELY, it is in a word, AWESOME.

[This message has been edited by chimpmeister (edited December 24, 2000).]

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I am really pleased with the DC version of LB2. I don't have anything to compare it to since this is the only version of LB2 i have played. But since it plays great i don really care. Now if i had the money for the cart...

If you don wanna use Gameshark you can just download a boot cd to play imports. Plus there is updated versions for more compatibility.

C

Caris Nautilus

I got mine today. Looks perfect to me, My freind has the neo cd version, and the animation is better than in that.

So I'm sure its as good as the arcade version

------------------
psdmini.gif

http://prizmdash.cjb.net

C

Caris Nautilus

Download a boot disc online, Its free and it works. If you cant burn cd's get a gameshark or a japanese DC.

I have a jap and english DC, So I'm covered.

P.S. anyone waiting for LB 2 to come to the USA is in for a long wait. Mabye when hell freezes over.

KOF 99' getting a USA release was nothing close to a miracle, But I think its safe to say forget about LB 2. It's more of a japanese interest title.

Was the first one on PSX even released in the US?

------------------
psdmini.gif

http://prizmdash.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by Caris Nautilus (edited December 24, 2000).]