KOF 2000 Mini-review

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Well, in the middle of the Neo Geo soap opera in which we all partake, let me take a moment to give a short review of my impressions.

I am very impressed with the game as it has a nice refreshed feel to it and gives us good old KOF with a new edge. The graphics and sound are very nice, this is a true show of what 2D art is all about. Gameplay is fun and easy to learn, though I believe a few moves have been changed around, I havent had a whole lot of time to get into it yet, but I find it to be great so far.

I did read about a couple of people talking about too many infinite combos and such in the mvs version, but, whatever, the game is great. Take my advice, and buy it NOW before you regret it later.

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
To late, I've already got it...My freakin mother wont let me play it until Christmas though...dammit! AHHHHH!!!!! I'm in suspence...

Bryan -NGF will never replace SNK-

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
I'm not a hardcore KoF fan, so I was going to wait to get it later for cheaper, since there's alot in circulation. I wonder if I'm making a mistake...hmmm.

O

Omega-NEO

I too have to wait until Xmas day to play KOF 2000. I am excited. I think this game is a MUST BUY simply because it might be the last game for the home console. On top of that, its King of Fighters man!! C'mon, we're talking the King of Fighters here!! How can you not want to get in on that?

Ukyo

20 Year Member
My copy of KOF 2000 is coming UPS! HURRY UP MAN!!!!!!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Tokyo Drifter

Rugal's Thug
According to the UPS tracking web site, my KOF isn't coming till tomorrow! UGHH! the pain! It got out on time yesterday with Overnight delivery too. NCS was nice enough to give me the confirmation # on the phone. Fantastic customer service. *@)#%^!! UPS!!

Todd

Galford's Armourer
Got mine today and i have played it for about 15 minutes and it rocks! Cant wait to sit down with it a while longer!

------------------
iori.gif

S

Silent_Scope

Ordered from NCS yesterday and wonder when I'll get this baby.........

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
Since I have to wait a whole 3 more days....could someone please tell me where to find movies of KoF2000, or if any of you know how to make movies of this sweet game in action, It would be highly appreciated. I'm a fellow gamer in need...hehe

Bryan

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Most likely I will get mine on 12-26th, Tuesday. Fortunately, I have plenty of new games to keep me company. But still...

sonofx51

If you're even THINKING about TRADING with this us
I had my KOF2K overnighted and got it today. The only problem is that my system is on it's way back from the Kurtz residence, mods and all. I can't wait to play this bad boy!!

Cros

n00b
Hey BryLmoo,

Back before fighters.net went down, they used to have a couple KoF 2k preview movies. They showed the intro, a couple gameplay segments (showing some of the new characters), some story segments, the hero team ending and the credits. Sadly, I haven't seen those vids anywhere else.

If you want some combo videos, check out www.white-tower.net or www.97shingo.terrashare.com .

As for my impressions of the game: It’s pretty much what I expected. KoF 98 was better balanced but 99 and 2k have their charms. I really didn't think I was going to like Lin (his poison stab SDM is awesome) and Vanessa as much as I do, they make great additions to the KoF roaster. Ramon, well, I'll give him a while before I pass judgement on him. I guess my only real gripe, besides the (near) infinite striker combos, is that SNK toned down K's Heat Driver. Overall it's a great game for 2D fighting fans.

[This message has been edited by Cros (edited December 22, 2000).]

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
I got it yesterday and all I have to say is:
1) NCS has completely lived up to it great reputation.
2) Seth is a complete badass! One of the better character designs I seen in years.

Tokyo Drifter

Rugal's Thug
Hell YEAH! I just got my KOF 2000! I stopped into work this morning JUST to pick this sucka up. I'm going to play a bit at home before I head off to vacation. Of course my Neo, two joysticks and KOF is coming with!