KOF 2000 English home cart

wjw123

Krauser's Henchman
Originally posted by Geddon_jt:
www.neogeofreak.com

Pics of KOF 2000 home cart - completely in English. Arrived at NGF today from SNK of Japan.

What do you guys think?

For $559 I could have both KoF99(us) and KoF2k (jp) and some change.

BS all BS, even if this was true..

From NGF website
>>>We are showing what the insert and manual will look like before people even receive their common Japanese version.
Once people finally get the Jap version, which we sell for $279,people will see that the English version is 100% exact and better.
We are sure the English version will sore up in price in the days to come. Don't miss your chance to get your English KoF2000!<<<

UNTRUE and ALL BS - 279 for a bag of rocks. I can sell you a bag of rocks for $100
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Who will be buying this fake offical cart? and the other 4500 carts they have on inventory?

[This message has been edited by wjw123 (edited December 21, 2000).]

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Personally, I love the design of the US insert, but I am quite disappointed that the pricing is through the roof. It's too bad. If the pricing were in line with most US release prices, obviously more would be made available and we might get some more releases. As it is, this will surely limit the draw of any future US releases provided this is the pricing model to be employed. Too bad, really. I think the spine looks great.

[This message has been edited by RyoGeo (edited December 20, 2000).]

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I cut and pasted the following from one of my earlier posts concerning rumours of an English version of KOF 2000.

"No doubt the rumours were started by the NGF (No Good Fakers) in an attempt to give their "Highly Collectible, Ultra-Rare, Insert Printed On A 200 X 400 B&W Dot-Matrix Printer In dion's Basement Super Official NGF KOF 2000 Home Carts" some legitimacy. Their eBay scam auctions will no doubt read something like, "The rumours were true, there IS an American KOF 2000 and only WE have it!"

I remember them mentioning how some of their earlier inserts were specially printed for them by SNK. The truth is, when MS3 came out, they listed their shipping date at two weeks after NCS, as they had to wait for the carts to come from NCS, scan the inserts, have the no-talent ape (dion) scan it and list the website address for his pathetic site on there, then pack them up and mail them out to the poor, unsuspecting saps who ordered from them. I shudder to think what happened to all those original inserts (no doubt either ruined by dion signing his name in crayon all over them or fed through a paper shredder)."

-BioMotor_Unitron

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
And BTW, this looks to be a real, from SNK, printed in Japan US release. NGF did get all of the New Old Stock (they sold NCS the 420 carts that they are currently going through) and it looks like they did get the exclusive on the KoF 2000 US release. I'm only writing what I believe to be true and not offering any opinion in doing so. Take it as you like.

S

Silent_Scope

Okay okay.....NCS and The Rage have KOF 2000 for either $332 or $339 in stock (NCS even has extra for those who haven't pre-ordered yet). Why should I spend $599 for a KOF 2000 from NGF? US insert is better? What the hell. You want original or self-made? Original is definitely better.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
All I read on their site was how desperate they tried to sell the game to retailers and how their naferious reputation came back to bite them in the ass.

The funny thing is, when I contacted SNK Japan, I was told to contact their *authorized distributor in USA*...

"for more details, please get in touch
with our sales office in C.A. Co: Electronic Ent. Int*l Tel :
714-952-2833)"

Jeff

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Yeah, if you read the entire "FAQ" about KOF 2000 "English" version on the neogeofreak website, it becomes painfully obvious that, even if their "English" version is authentic (which is questionable), no retailers were interested in having anything to do with it, or with them. That in itself speaks volumes about their reputation and stature in the U.S. gaming community. Pretty sad, because if their attitude and business practices had been great all along, they might have actually provided an authentic U.S. KOF2K cartridge to the entire English-speaking community of Neo Geo gamers. Instead, we're all buying the Japanese version, and thats pretty much the end of it. $559 for their "English" version, or $332 for the Japanese one? Duh, thats a pretty easy choice. No thanks, NGF, I'll stick with my Japanese copy . . .

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Personally, I do not think SNK would have ever printed an insert that had a "distributors" web URL on it. Especially not in a larger point size then the snk info. It's a very nice insert. They should be proud of that.

ngf2kbox.jpg

------------------
-nick_th_fury

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
bloodbar.gif

Oh lol! Mad props to Nick_The_Fury for showing the SNK official KOF2000 US cart with the NGF.com on the back.
The official SNK KOF2000 US version does not exist.

------------------
akuma1.gif

Lord Illicious
Primal Massiah
Soul Reaver

Wu Dan Neo Devil of Illness
bloodbar.gif

Neo Fan

King's Dry Cleaner
I think it is very cool that NGF had the connections and the desire to have SNK Japan print up only 100 copies of an English KOF2K. It seems real to me, since they already had artwork for their converted cart. As for the price, English games usually fetch a higher price, especially the rare ones. With only 100 of these, this will be the rarest version of any cart to date. I will be getting one.

Anthony

wjw123

Krauser's Henchman
Originally posted by Neo Fan:
I think it is very cool that NGF had the connections and the desire to have SNK Japan print up only 100 copies of an English KOF2K. It seems real to me, since they already had artwork for their converted cart. As for the price, English games usually fetch a higher price, especially the rare ones. With only 100 of these, this will be the rarest version of any cart to date. I will be getting one.

Anthony

Good for you! That's your choice and your money. I also have a bridge that is very rare to sell you for $100.

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

ALL I CAN SAY IS!!! AHHHHAHHHHHHAHAAAAAAAA OHHHH GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.........

I

Iori

I just noticed that the FAQ said it's value will "sore". As in, what your ass will feel like if you buy this tripe.

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
bloodbar.gif

I think i will call SNK of Japan and ask them if NGF is the official distributors of the KOF2000 carts.
Also i will record the conversation.

------------------
akuma1.gif

Lord Illicious
Primal Massiah
Soul Reaver

bloodbar.gif

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
All I can say is if it was being sold by anyone else besides Neo geo freak I would deem it official. But since it has Neogeofreak on the back and is only being sold by them, it is just a $250 markup on a cart that is only worth $330. and all becuase they spent some time to make thier own manual, insert and sticker for it.

I will probably call SNK japan later today and if they tell me neo geo freak is the official distrubutor for SNK english carts, All I will say is how disappointed I am they choose such a disrespectfull company to represent them in the US and I will keep ordering from NCS. I will never view anything from Neo geo freak as Official SNK and will never buy from them regardless.

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
bloodbar.gif

Originally posted by Neo Fan:
I think it is very cool that NGF had the connections and the desire to have SNK Japan print up only 100 copies of an English KOF2K.

Anthony
so you believe that SNK has printed "www.neogeofreak.com" on the back of the KOF2000 US insert?!?

If you get the cart then you deserve it.

------------------
akuma1.gif

Lord Illicious
Primal Massiah
Soul Reaver

bloodbar.gif

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
NGF claims they are the official U.S. distributor. Maybe the KoF 2000 english cart is legit. But who knows? And who really cares! I personally will never buy anything that's associated with NGF. That goes for the japanese carts of KoF 2000, and MotW they are offering for $279, $399 respectively. I rather pay extra to get it from somewhere else. I don't want no fake ass carts! I have other things to use as paper weights.

HPMAN

UI resident
Mmmmm... US version of a neo cart...

But....

Who cares ???

I personnally will never exchange a JAP cart for an US one...

Better insert and all...

SNK is a JAP company, just get the original version
smile.gif

Beside this, I really don't know if all of this is true or not... NGF claims having old SNK stock, others claim it was only an HK stock...

Again, who care ??? Just ignore them.

S

Silent_Scope

First of all, I want an original copy of SNK game. Don't want anything showing up other than original game company (I don't want to see www.neogeofreak.com some shit like that).
Neo Fan, I think you should change your nick to Neo Freak Fan. If you are real Neo fan then you'll buy anything from SNK not so-called "official distributor". Long time ago I emailed to that so-called "official distributor" and none of them reply my email. Are you calling yourselves "official"? Just like if I go to a restaurant, at least give me a towel to wet my lips if there is no water serve. Any moron wants to spend $$ on "US version" then go ahead. Stop talking about "wow...a US version, cool....they spend a lot of time design their own insert....". Get the fuck out of here. If you try to design by yourself, then don't sell to the true Neo fan. You suppose share with us because we are the ones who truely love NEO GEO and support SNK. Period.

Neo Fan

King's Dry Cleaner
Originally posted by Lord Illicious:
bloodbar.gif

I think i will call SNK of Japan and ask them if NGF is the official distributors of the KOF2000 carts.
Also i will record the conversation.

Well, what did they say? BTW, I do think SNK printed the insert.

Anthony

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
bloodbar.gif

SNK Corporation of Japan:
tele - 81-6-6339-5577
tele - 81-6-6339-0110
Thoes numbers are not in service even if i dail 1 first.
I tried it many different ways like 10 times.

Anyone knoe the correct number of SNK or Japan?

------------------
akuma1.gif

Lord Illicious
Primal Massiah
Soul Reaver

bloodbar.gif

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
bloodbar.gif

Ok i got it, 011 first. no one is there now so ill call a lil later on to see if SNK made the KOF2000 US version with the NGF.com on the back which doesnt make any sense to me.

------------------
akuma1.gif

Lord Illicious
Primal Massiah
Soul Reaver

bloodbar.gif

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
bloodbar.gif

Ok heres da deal:
tele - 81-6-6339-5577 - sometimes rings and rings with no answer and often says that the call can not be completed as diald.

tele - 81-6-6339-0110 - You get a Japanese speaking recording and then the call ends.

Anyone knoe whats a good time to call Japan?

------------------
akuma1.gif

Lord Illicious
Primal Massiah
Soul Reaver

bloodbar.gif

[This message has been edited by Lord Illicious (edited December 22, 2000).]