K.O.F. 2000 USA version confirmed

CORE

n00b
Hey every body I have to make this quik and get to work. I called snk japan and recieved conformation that kof 2000 us version has(or will) been made and mill be shiped out in A day or two I will try to explain more later when I get my break at work. until then.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Thanks for the info. I thought that the project got canned. It will be great, if they actually come out w/ the US version. I wonder how much they will cost, though.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Pardon me for being skeptical, but I think that story is a load of BS. Everyone is loading up on the Jap version of KOF2K explicitly BECAUSE there was going to be no U.S. version. So, I kinda doubt it. But if it happens, I'm sure I'll get one even after getting my Jap KOF2K cart . . . .

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
bloodbar.gif

Expect NGF to say that they made is possible for the KOF US version to come out.
That is if the US version comes out.

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
bloodbar.gif

How much you think the US KOF price will be?
Where the hell is the CD version?

------------------
akuma1.gif

Lord Illicious
Primal Massiah
Soul Reaver

Wu Dan Neo Devil of Illness
bloodbar.gif

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
*YAWN* This again????!?!?!??
frown.gif

There is no US version of KOF 2000 unless a bunch of hardcore, devoted fans decide to make their own. SNK has no plans on creating a US version of this cart. If you want a US insert, manual and sticker... grab yourself a copy of Photoshop and start learning how to translate Japanese... that's the ONLY way you're going to see it!

If there was a US version going to be made for Neo Geo cart, SNK/Azure would have announced it AGES ago just like every other title... not three days before the Japanese release. Come on people, USE SOME COMMON SENSE!!!!

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Well I have to agree with Vinyl Boy. Unless a see a reputable dealer selling it (NCS, Video Game Depot, Super Sellers, ETC) I don't believe it either. A manual, sticker and insert could be made to look like a official neo cart but in no way does that make it an Official english version. sure some places that are not as repetable may be trying to pass something off as a official english version but that in no way makes it official.

Now if SNK is truly releasing a English version I am sure they would notify the companies that are purchasing the carts to tell them so they have the option to purchase either english or a japanese version. It is only good business.

Could you imagine the complaints if both were released at the same time and you recieved the version you did not want.

No, I think this is more of a stunt pulled by some fan group to make everyone think there is some official english version available.

I could be wrong and if I am then great. but I have called NCS to check on if they would be able to get a english version a few times when I heard this rumor and they said NO. SO to think the SNK would release one and not offer it to the preorder companies seem very unlikly. exspecial if they are located in the US or other english speaking countries. And NCS being one of the biggest buyers of Neo carts should know.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
That's what I am thinking, but it will be great if an actual Us version comes out. If it does, I will have to go against my "one version of Neo Geo carts only", and get Eng version as well.

I don't think that there is any chance in hell (pardon the pun) of the cd version coming out. Last game was KOF 99. It's been over a year. I think SNK officially announced that they areen't, making any more games for the platform
frown.gif

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
well just in the off chance I emailed NCS again and here is what i recieved back.

Hi Phil, thanks for your e-mail. We have also heard rumors but nothing was
confirmed by SNK in Japan about an English version. We do know that a
hacked version of the MVS cartridge was being sold by some vendors as
an English version but this was not an official product from SNK.

Regards,
NCS

So there you go. Either I am going to be one pissed off customer if I recieve a Japanese version and a english version was released. Or somebody is trying to pass off a load of cr*p as flowers. Right Now I believe the latter unless my conditions in my previous post are meet.

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
bloodbar.gif

May i ask what the hell is the difference if you have the jap cart and not the US?

Fuck the inserts and manual cuz its a fighting game and not a RPG.

Your lucky enough to have the bitchass KOF 2000 cart regardless of its fckin region.

Do you guys play these carts or put them up on display like they was fckin vintage dishes?
How dissapointed can you be if you havw or will have the fckin cart?
All Neo Geo is from Japan so what the fuck?

Man i cant afford the cart but i have kof 98/99 on DC and i very happy with it.

Just be happy that you have a KOF 2000 Cart.

------------------
akuma1.gif

Lord Illicious
Primal Massiah
Soul Reaver

Wu Dan Neo Devil of Illness
bloodbar.gif

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Hell yeah I play them.

But last i checked to get all the moves listed for each character having it in english helps.

I mean sure, I can see the arrow moves but when it gets to the Japanes version of Hold, or repeat or only when jumping I am totaly lost.

and I also like to read about the characters and the story.

yes I could care less about the insert and sticker. But the manuel translated in english is always a nice option.

If I collected the game the manual would never be opened and sealed in a plastic bag forever. or for that matter I would never remove the Neo geo sticket off the box.

But I play these games all the time and if there is something I am missing becuase I can not read the manual that would really suck. Last I checked it takes awhile for the FAQs to hit and I'm getting my game this week.

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

THIS IS ANOTHER NGF PLOY! AS DISCUSSED IN THE CHAT ROOM...I HAVE TALKED WITH NCS AND NUMEROUS OTHER DEALERS THAT I FIND VERY REPUTABLE AND ALL HAVE STATED THIS IS UTTER BULLSHIT...

S

Silent_Scope

Everyone, just use your brain. What's the point that SNK Japan wants to publish KOF 2000 after they withdraw US and Europe divisions? It just doesn't make any sense to me. Just like Lord Illicious says, what's different between US and Japanese version? Most of SNK games are fighting games so everyone has problem playing any of those game? To me, I don't care much about JPN or US version as long as price is right. If price is the same, I'll get JPN version because cover art and manuel are prettier than US.

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

ILL TAKE A SWEET ASS JAP CART OVER A U.S SHIT LOOKIN CART ANYDAY!!! JAP INSERTS LOOK MUCH BETTER IN MY OPINION..

Wan-Fu

Galford's Armourer
Given the choice, I would take the US version if its available. I agree that the Japanese art is usually better and there is no difference between the carts but I still prefer the US version for some reason. Maybe its because when I was in college and NEO GEO first came out, I saw all those expensive English carts that I couldn't afford and now that I have cash to burn I want to fulfill myself.
smile.gif

I think people who are into the collecting aspect normally have a language preference for aesthetic reasons so it does make a difference which version they get.

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
The dorky side of me would like to see the meg count on the side of the box, but the diehard KOF player in me doesn't give two shits what the box says!!! Whatever, I'm getting the game that's all that counts!!!!

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
No doubt the rumours were started by the NGF (No Good Fakers) in an attempt to give their "Highly Collectible, Ultra-Rare, Insert Printed On A 200 X 400 B&W Dot-Matrix Printer In dion's Basement Super Official NGF KOF 2000 Home Carts" some legitimacy. Their eBay scam auctions will no doubt read something like, "The rumours were true, there IS an American KOF 2000 and only WE have it!"

I remember them mentioning how some of their earlier inserts were specially printed for them by SNK. The truth is, when MS3 came out, they listed their shipping date at two weeks after NCS, as they had to wait for the carts to come from NCS, scan the inserts, have the no-talent ape (dion) scan it and list the website address for his pathetic site on there, then pack them up and mail them out to the poor, unsuspecting saps who ordered from them. I shudder to think what happened to all those original inserts (no doubt either ruined by dion signing his name in crayon all over them or fed through a paper shredder).

-BioMotor_Unitron

[This message has been edited by BioMotor_Unitron (edited December 19, 2000).]

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Originally posted by Big Bruno:
Hell yeah I play them.

But last i checked to get all the moves listed for each character having it in english helps.

I mean sure, I can see the arrow moves but when it gets to the Japanes version of Hold, or repeat or only when jumping I am totaly lost.

and I also like to read about the characters and the story.

yes I could care less about the insert and sticker. But the manuel translated in english is always a nice option.

If I collected the game the manual would never be opened and sealed in a plastic bag forever. or for that matter I would never remove the Neo geo sticket off the box.

But I play these games all the time and if there is something I am missing becuase I can not read the manual that would really suck. Last I checked it takes awhile for the FAQs to hit and I'm getting my game this week.

Actually, I never had much of a problem figuring out the kanji for hold, in air, charge, punch and kick. Due to the fact that I have bought so many Japanese import fighting titles, and a lot of the game controls are somewhat similar, I started to put things together. It also helps to know some of the characters you play constantly, so that regardless of the kanji you can recognize the move and know the motions to do it.

I don't know any other kanji besides that, though... I really DO want to learn Japanese one of these days.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
well as I said it would have been nice if SNK offered a official English version of thier game. But since that is not happening I guess I will wait for some talented Indivual to make a FAQ for it.

I have been able to figure out most the moves.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Since we are on the subject maybe you can help.

like for Maximum

his M11(blah blah) move is that a repeat or something else in front of it in Kanji.

Vanessa

her first move,

is that hold? left then right a or c

her second move

semi circle rt to lt then A or C (repeat?)

now with Leona the kanji in front must mean while jumping.

so really the only one I am having trouble with is what is in front of the semi circle movement for maximum.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Maxima's M11 move is "do in-close"

Vanessa's first move is charge away then toward + A or C.

Her second move I'm having trouble with, as I have never even done it, but it's something like you can repeatedly hit the button, or maybe you have to alternate between A and C... I'm not sure, try it out and see.

With Leona, the two Kanji in front of the quarter circle back + punch move means while jumping.

If in doubt, just look for the same characters elsewhere in the book, for moves you know how to do. So let's say you know Andy's Dam Breaker Punch (half-circle toward + P in-close) you can compare the Kanji in front of them to those in front of Maxima's M11 for example.

By the way, did SNK finally print a full moves list? The thought of spending hundreds of dollars on a game when the company can't even list all the special moves is absolute bullshit to me. At least I got the November issue of Neo·Geo Freak so it has the complete listing of throws, extra normal moves, special moves, death moves, super death moves and strikers. Otherwise I would go mad if I had bought it only to end up with an incomplete manual. Anyhow I play in the arcade so I guess it's no great concern to me.