Looks like NCS has a few Neo Geo Cart left!

S

Silent_Scope

They don't have the carts I want..........Miracle Adventure (Spinmaster), Shock Troopers 2 and Metal Slug 3...wooooo.......poor me
But I don't have money to buy those games right now.......need to wait for my tax return money :P

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Thanks for the info. Looks like there are a few more I will have to pick up. Counting KOF 2K and the other home carts I bought, I have already blown over $1,000.00 on Neo stuff this month.
frown.gif
Gawds, my wife is going to kill me!

-BioMotor_Unitron

S

Silent_Scope

I'm sure your wife will use "fire ball" to kill you............

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
The only fireball around our house is when she uses those little red hot peppers in her Cantonese Cuisine.
wink.gif

-BioMotor_Unitron

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
I wish they'd have offered those games a bit earlier or later, around this time, I'm getting KOF 2000, plus LaserActive system, else it'd been a perfect opportunity to upgrade my collection a bit.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I am just disappointed that some of the carts I will be getting are the American versions. Not that the Japanese versions are better or anything, but I figure if I try to make a serious collection, I will have better luck collecting the more plentiful Japanese versions (plus I have not yet heard of any counterfeit Japanese carts from NGF (No Good Fakers). Perhaps there will be some folks out there that want to swap versions.

Of course, I could say to Hell with it all and get MVS carts only, since I have had a four-slot for quite some time, but I do like being able to play while lying in bed, or sitting in my recliner, or whatever (a bit hard to do with a stand-up arcade cabinet).
wink.gif

Did you ever sell that WindJammers cart of yours, Vince?

-BioMotor_Unitron

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
Biomotor, which games did you get that were US? If you want to sell them, let me know!

Thanks,
James

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I do not even know which ones are U.S. versions, as I have not yet received my shipment from NCS (I payed via money order). It is just that I was informed that some of the carts were U.S. versions. If it is something that I already have on MVS, I will go ahead and part with them, but if not, I will hang on to them until I get a Japanese or MVS version.

-BioMotor_Unitron

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
For what it's worth, I ordered seven games and here is how the US/Jp versions worked out:

Samurai Shodown 3 - US
Robo Army - Jp
Mutation Nation - Jp
King of Monsters - Jp (Cardboard Box)
Top Hunter - US
Sengoku 2 - US
KoF '96 - Jp

Hope that gives you a little extra info.

-RyoGeo

Shawn

snkusa.com
I love the fact that NCS will not accept credit card for my order. They demand cashiers check only and insist on a shipping charge of $60.

------------------
link3.gif

Shawn

snkusa.com
NCS says they rarely have orders > $1k, but when this unusual situation occurs credit cards are not a payment option. The lady said that this was their policy. Inconvenient policy if you ask me, probably refusing to take my credit card because of the service charge. She wouldn’t admit it, just stuck with the store policy excuse.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
I'm actually happy they got in some US carts, like Crossed Swords for example. I figured I would never pay as much as $50 for the game, but being new, an exception can be made there. Just comes from wanting to read any storylines the booklet may contain, to add to the overall playing experience.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
I prefer the U.S. versions as well, I would never seek out Jap versions only. While the japanese artwork is usually better, its nice to have the (often) poorly translated SNKglish insert and manual, and the U.S. or Euro carts are generally more desirable than Jap carts anyway.

As for NCS policy of not allowing credit cards for over 1K purchases, I can understand it if it relates to the service charge they pay for credit card purchases. But there is another thing to consider, which makes their policy completely understandable. With credit card purchases, the buyer has the option to dispute the charge, which can lead to a messy situation. With a cashiers check, the buyer doesn't have this option and the seller is protected from this situation. When you look at it this way, it is completely understandable. Without such a policy, they could really be burned . . .

RyoGeo

Did anybody order (and receive) Crossed Swords yet? I was curious as to whether it was a cardboard or vinyl box. I would like a copy of that, but don't really want any more cardboard boxes. Speaking of which, anybody wanna trade their clamshell case King of Monsters for my new cardboard box version?

-RyoGeo

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
National Console Support listed Crossed Swords as the US version, so there is no chance whatsoever that it will be the cardboard box version. Personally I love the cardboard boxes, they add a dimension of uniqueness to the cartridge collection, and this really goes back to the days of the NES.

Also, to save you asking, I already have an original Japanese KotM, although mine is not mint. Want to swap anyhow?

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Here is a list of what I ordered from NCS in the way of Neo Geo carts. The prices are left on not from any attempt on my part to appear as a "Big Man Of The Neo Geo Scene" as a certain NGF (No Good Faker) would put it, but simply because I did not feel like deleting the prices after cutting and pasting the list. Of course, all the effort I put into typing this little diatribe could have been spent deleting them, but oh well.
wink.gif

> > CyberLip: $49.00
> > Samurai Spirits 1: $49.00
> > Sengoku 2: $95.00
> > Blue's Journey: $49.00
> > Crossed Swords: $49.00
> > King Of The Monsters: $49.00
> > King Of The Monsters 2: $58.00
> > NAM 1975: $49.00
> > Thrash Rally: $58.00
> > Top Hunter: $68.00
> > World Heroes 2 Jet: $58.00
> > Sengoku 1: $58.00

These following titles are those that I ordered, but was later told were unavailable.

> > Ghost Pilots: $49.00
> > Samurai Spirits 2: $68.00
> > Real Bout 2: The New Comers: $150.00
> > Baseball Stars: $49.00

A breakdown on which will be Japanese and which will be American carts would be greatly appreciated, as well as whether or not they will be clamshell cases or cardboard boxes. Thanks!
smile.gif

-BioMotor_Unitron

RyoGeo

NeoBomber, I think you were just kidding, but on the off chance you're not, does your King of the Monsters (while not in mint condition) happen to be a clamshell then and not cardboard? If so, what about it is not mint?

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
No, I meant to say mine is cardboard, though I obviously failed to mention that. I was only joking about the swap, since you would certainly not benefit from it.

RyoGeo

No problem. I thought that was what you meant but wanted to be sure.