KOF 2000 COUNTDOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Well boys, its been a long time coming, but its almost here!Soon Many of us will be playing KOF 2000 on our Neo Home Carts!But the question is...when EXACTLY. I pre-orderd through buyrite and they said that the game ships on the 16th of December...any more news form NCS? I will be waiting for the door bell...hehehehe
smile.gif

S

Silent_Scope

too late for me to pre-order it.
Let me know what you guys think after you play it

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
NCS is expecting them in hand on the 21st. I hope you do well with BuyRite. They are not the best in terms of customer service to say the least.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
RyoGeo,

I know thats what everyone says...but ive been dealing with them for years and have never once had a problem...i orderd Metal Slug 3 from them as well, and it was even delivered a day early then what i payed for. I just emailed them last night and they already replied this morning...they said all is well and they will send a final email upon shipping...Silent Scope, you can still preorder through burite if you dont mind spending a few bucks more...

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
KOF 2000 will make the perfect Christmas present to myself this year...
smile.gif

Considering that I doubt if I'll ever get the Handspring Visor Prism or the Creative Nomad MP3 Jukebox...

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Damn right,
KoF 2K is going to make my X-Mas worth it. All Original SNK fighting goodness comeing home!!
smile.gif

BonusKun

wjw123

Krauser's Henchman
KofF2k is something worth waiting for this xmas. I have not even played with this yet.

smile.gif

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
I've got my copy of KoF2000 pre-ordered at NCS. I cannot wait for this game... what more can I say. It is supposed to be the last "official" SNK release for the AES, but as many of you all know...SNK is up in the air right now. No one knows what will be in store for our AES systems in the future.

Only time will tell,
Bryan

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Yeah, I cant believe its only a few days away...has anyone seen the Insert yet? we've all seen the neo geo freak insert...but how about the offical one? Dont you think it would be sick if the insert was all white with only the KOF 2000 logo? Although, I actually liked the neo geo freak insert very much...

S

Silent_Scope

Has anybody played KOF 2000 at arcade? Is it good? Better than 99?

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Yes, i played it at the arcade...ITS INSANE! Not as many background as '99 (6 backgrounds with some color palleted swaps) but the characters more than make up for it...and all the backgrounds are really great.

smurphy570

Kula's Candy
I cant wait..>I just hope this isnt the last offical aes..........How many fighters are in kof2000? How have mine preordered at ncs ......

Ukyo

20 Year Member
35 playable characters...anyone see the official insert?

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
I can wait, Friday December 22nd seems so far away!
I even took the day off from work to get the game.

A big pan of buffalo wings and some beer and its gonna be
a great day!!

Is anyone else gonna be a mega neo dork that day?

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
Hell yeah lemonflav. I got that whole week off, so I'm gonna set aside a day strictly for KOF 2K. The way this wacky weather looks, chances are I'll be snowed in, so I gotta stock pile a few things for "KOF Day". It's gonna be awesome, and even better that it's practically right around the corner.

lou_preview.jpg

http://www.fanscene.org

CORE

n00b
in regards to your post ukyo. The official japenese insert will be some thing different than what has been done with all other inserts. Instead of the picture being shown top to bottom in A portrait format like every neo cart has been done in it will be done in the oposite way, similar to a panoramoc picture. to view the insert the right way you will have to tilt the cart on its side. as far as the actual box art is concearned the picture on the front of the case will have K' ,venesa and A few of the other fighters walking down an aley, and I believe the K.O.F. logo they used for the mvs will stay the same as well. on another note it has been said that an american version of the game will be produced in VERRY limited quantities. I am not sure if this is true or not but one thing I do know is that if they do decide to make A run of them the insert is going to be the blaze/freeze portrait on snk's official K.O.F. 2000 homepage and it WILL be in the standard portrait format unlike the japenese release. It will be interesting to see if snk actually does this, It doese sound A little strange(if not extremely cool though if it does happen)but then again as far as busenuise knowhow goes snk is A strange company. any way I hope you all enjoy you copies of K.O.F. 2000 this christmas, I know I will im getting mine from ncs.

Innovator

Cheng's Errand Boy
I've had 2 play sessions with KOF'00 and must say it's pretty good so far. I don't think it's better than '98, but that's probably the greatest 2D fighting game of all time (top 3 at least). However, right now I think it's better than '99. KOF'99 was like MvC1, but '00 is like MvC2. Well it's actually like a combination of the two. Imagine the crazy assist tactics and combos of MvC2 with obscure assist characters (with limited uses) references of MvC1. KOF'00 in a nutshell:

Gameplay-Crazy. We're reaching MvC levels.

Assists-A riot. Full of surprise characters.

Combos-If you like combos you'll like '00.

Characters-Awesome selection, 2nd to '98.

CPU-Longer than '99. No edit by the CPU.

Intros-Seems like they're less than in '99.

KOF'00 is a fun game, but if long for the days of old school 2D gaming or classic KOF you'd better break out KOF'98. If you can accept KOF is past it's heyday then you'll probably like it.

S

Silent_Scope

Even though I'm a big fan of SNK, but it's too much for me to get a copy from Buyrite....$399, that's crazy comparing to others around $330 - 350

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Those who are getting it earlier (from Buyrite) than us, Please submit what you guys think about the whole thing when you get the game...

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Yeah ill be sure to let you guys know once i get it in...buyrite emailed me and said all is well with the shipment...i got over night delivery so if all goes as planed i should have it around the 17th or 18th. Core...where did you get all that information on the instert? Are you refering to the horizontal pic that can be found on project zero's site? thanks alot

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
I should be studying hard for finals, but I can't help thinking about Neo Geo, and King of Fighters 2000. I never knew how addicting the whole Neo Geo scene is!

I don't have KoF 2000 pre-ordered at NCS, and I'm slowly regretting it. I just didn't want to end up in the poor house!
smile.gif
You guys be sure to post reviews on the game.

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

i bought a couple from ncs for 345 each shipped..and someone said ncs doesnt do cod they do too.i cant fgn wait man.its gonna be a sweet x mas..

shroudz

n00b
I had Kof 2000 on Pre order but had to cancel as it would have cost me here in australia $800 with shipping basically US and AUD wages are
basically the same so Imagine paying 800 us for it,Really regreting that I did'nt take more time to save, So I had to choose between Going Out and about during the christmas holidays or staying in the whole time playing Kof 2000 which probably would have severly pissed My Girlfriend and kid .
So make sure to tell us unfortunates how it all goes, cheerz

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Here is the adress to the rumored KOF 2000 insert...wicked sick...http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/projectwind/Images/art_gallery/hero.JPG