No More Neo Games ???

Neo Fan

King's Dry Cleaner
I just read an article in the december issue of Replay Magazine titled "Aruze (SNK) to continue video". The gist of the article states that a staff of 10 programmers have been hired from major manufactureres to develop games. Then it says "Hiroshi Miyajima confirmed that games, thought to be a racing title, and shoot-em-up, have been in development on a proprietary platform for the last six months. Launch dates are unconfirmed."

Proprietary Platform!?!?!?! To me that seems like something other that the Neo Geo Platform.

Anthony

SLuG17

n00b
i dont think that they will stom making games for the neo geo, just look how well all of their new carts sell

C

Caris Nautilus

How well their neo carts sell? They press like less than 3 or 4 k of each new cart now. I doubt they are raking in the profit.

They may break even, But the supporting of the cart system is pure reputation and standing by what they make.

SNK never really abandoned a system, Except the Hyper neo (Kinda)

------------------
psdmini.gif

Jpop/Jrock/Gaming, nuff' said.
http://prizmdash.cjb.net

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Caris Nautilus:
How well their neo carts sell? They press like less than 3 or 4 k of each new cart now. I doubt they are raking in the profit.

They may break even, But the supporting of the cart system is pure reputation and standing by what they make.

SNK never really abandoned a system, Except the Hyper neo (Kinda)

SNK's MVS system is still doing well in Japan (I don't see the MVS system dying anytime
soon), and even if they (SNK/Aruze) decide to focus solely on MVS development,
people like Arcade will be around to convert them to home cart format for people like us
to purchase.

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited December 08, 2000).]