Pioneers and jealousy/ Irritating Maze special

Status
Not open for further replies.

NGF

NEST Puppet
Some people are working at things and making claims of "working projects," just for some type of public appreciation. They even take the tme to set up "pictures." You guys must be so afraid and jealous of NeoGeoFreak.
Are you guys really that afraid of "NeoGeoFreak" that you would actually feel the need to fake working pictures, remove our "NGF back box" with our URL from our inserts? Or just keep talking down at our work and services? You guys seem really sad and desperate.

It just goes to show the fear you people have over our presence.
We laugh, while you guys wonder and try to catch up.

We have no problems with you 4 feeling the need to post our beautiful inserts, but at least put them up in their original, unaltered form, with our NeoGeoFreak back box. Sure, we may be using art from SNK, but NGF did the creating for the insert presentation. We list our back box so people will know who did the work and who made those inserts, and who to contact with questions. You people removing that box shows the deep seeded fear and jealousy you guys have.

If you guys are going to deny those feelings and say "We are not jealous or afraid of NeoGeoFreak," then put the NGF inserts online, in their ORIGINAL form. (if you guys dare and are brave enough). Nick is always keen to mention his work and how proud he is of it, so we are sure he would agree that "our" work should not be altered.

But like we said, it's an ongoing thing with some of you. The "blind fury" to try and steal the "NGF thunder."
What we first do, you guys "try" 4 years later.

The Irritating Maze AES cart?
We did the first 4 carts over 4 years ago. Then we made a second edition of 6. Our versions do NOT require a special BIOS for the Neo system. We also went the EXTRA MILE and made a special "economy joystick" version for only $899. Yes, that's right....a special IM cart that plays on ANY Neo AES system, using the regular Neo joystick controllers (or Neo control pad). This is for the regular gamer that does not want to spend the extra amount or that may have missed out on getting the special limited edition trackball controller version.

so what's next?
We're sure "he" will talk down our work on the IM and say that we don't have a working version or that "there is no joystick version." We already know your answers. And of course, our answer is as always "Put up or shut up." You want to see it? then buy it from us. Don't be afraid of the money, you can then just copy our work and sell it to other people. That's what you guys always do with the "NeoGeoFreak" items anyway.

We are the pioneers.
We do first with complete success.

NeoGeoFreak

[This message has been edited by NGF (edited December 05, 2000).]

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
However, !Arcade! did something you never did regarding The Irritating Maze... posted up PLENTY of pictures of the cart, manual, case, controller and screenshots.

You claim to have been the first, but never had any photo proof of your claim. Now, someone actually does it and you get all up in arms about it. !Arcade! hasn't been on this forum long, but already has better credibility than NGF does after 5 years.

Sad, isn't it???
biggrin.gif

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
bloodbar.gif

Thats why NGF takes the time to come here and post about themseles cuz they like the attention.
Yes they will admit they like it and no other game dealers would care to come here and try to justify themselves like NGF.

NGF all the gay!

------------------
akuma1.gif

Lord Illicious
Primal Massiah
Soul Reaver

Wu Dan Neo Devil of Illness
bloodbar.gif

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Oh boo-hoo!

I'll send you a quarter so that you can call someone that cares.

Jeff

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Based on my understanding, your NGF Irritating Maze kits never worked.

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Now who is lying!

You could NOT have done your IM over 4 years ago, the game did not come out UNTIL 1997!

Can you keep the lies straight? Try two years ago maybe, thats the earliest you all could have offered it, not that I remember or care....

And why are you all copying my manual idea anyway???

I also see that you did not bother to reply in the other thread either.... The offer still stands to put up some of the inserts and swap them....

------------------
Keith

mmlink.gif

Mouse_Master

Staff member
Originally posted by JMKurtz:
Oh boo-hoo!

I'll send you a quarter so that you can call someone that cares.

Jeff

They'll still need to beg for an extra dime to make that call!
smile.gif

------------------
Keith

mmlink.gif

Mouse_Master

Staff member
A little proof of the release year.....

irratating%20maze1.gif

------------------
Keith

mmlink.gif

[This message has been edited by Mouse_Master (edited December 05, 2000).]

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
Originally posted by NGF:
We did the first 4 carts over 4 years ago. Then we made a second edition of 6. Our versions do NOT require a special BIOS for the Neo system.

I take exceptional interest in this quote. Here, NGF claims their irritating maze AES cart doesn't require any kind of special bios. Yet, in a conversation I had with Chris Ray about 2 months ago, he stated that the NGF IM carts required a special bios, and that someone made them one after Mr Kurtz decided it was too much work.

Now, it doesn't seem likely that you guys made a version that doesn't need the bios in 2 months time, since it would be pointless now that you went through the trouble of getting the special bios made. But I would like to hear the story behind this as it seems someone is lying here.

Honestly though, I doubt either NGF OR !arcade! have a working IM AES cart. !arcade!, despite his numerous pics of upcoming (and might I say ambitious) projects, has yet to produce anything but debug bios chips. Sure, you may say he has good feedback on ebay, but so does NGF if you check, and everyone here seems to think NGF has never had a good transaction. NGF, on the other hand, has sure talked a lot about their fabled working IM home cart, but haven't bothered to provide a shread of proof.

Don't get me wrong. I think NGF is a good source for carts if you're willing to pay for them and I love their inserts, but my guess is they are lying in this case. IMO, they claim to have special carts like IM or Brikinger (iron clad) to create controversy and this gives them free publicity.

Just my thoughts,

Matt

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
I really could care less about a working Irritating Maze game, for it is certainly a title that I don't see myself putting any sort of energy on... and even if both NGF and !Arcade! really doesn't have a working one, the chips are leaning towards !Arcade! at this point for being truthful. Before his post, I had never seen those many screenshots of the game.

Someone obviously has one working out there... you just don't get 7 or 8 shots of the game in progress (including the continue screen) unless it is actually operating somewhere...

NGF

NEST Puppet
As for the date of IM, yes, we say 4 years ago because we did the game in 1997 and now it's almost 2001.
2001-1997=0004

OK, so it's "almost" 4 years ago. Sorry for any confusion.

As for the BIOS that Force mentioned, you are correct, but not all the way. We did not have a system BIOS made. The mod is in the actual game programs. One of the versions we have is with the trackball controller and the other is with the joystick.

We made it clear that if someone wants the Irritating Maze, then can order either version. We only have 3 left of the "limited second edition 6" available. The joystick version is unlimited and will always be available. And of course, the original 4 were all presold back in 1997.

NeoGeoFreak

[This message has been edited by NGF (edited December 06, 2000).]

DaemoN

Camel Slug
>If you guys are going to deny those >feelings and say "We are not jealous or >afraid of NeoGeoFreak," then put the NGF >inserts online, in their ORIGINAL form. (if >you guys dare and are brave enough). Nick >is always keen to mention his work and how >proud he is of it, so we are sure he would >agree that "our" work should not be altered.

Out of curiosity, WHO is putting up "altered" pictures/scans of NGF up? I'd like to know that so I can check out these kinda stuff.

To anyone who cares (thanks for the kind emails about it ^_^), www.roarvgm.com will be updated with more NeoGeo home and mvs art shortly (plus some saturn scans as well).

cya, and thanks for the support
wink.gif

------------------
DaemoN
daemon@roarvgm.com
www.roarvgm.com

Adol

The French Connection, ,
We did the first 4 carts over 4 years ago.

LOL!!!!!!!Super Lol!
The game doesn't even exist for 4 years

C

Caris Nautilus

Dion you don't pioneer anything, Go make an ACTUAL neo-geo game from scratch, Come back, And then I'll be happy to let you call yourself a pioneer

------------------
psdmini.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.