Philadelphia KOF gathering in April

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
This is just a quick heads-up for anybody interested in hanging out with a bunch of Philly
region SNK enthusiasts:

WHAT: basically a bunch of guys(maybe a girl or two) getting together to play various Neo cart and Dreamcast conversions of SNK titles. Focus will probably be on KOF 2001, but the game won't
dominate the entire evening; rotation will be
pretty frequent with so many games available...
People are encouraged to bring their own controllers/sticks and anything else that may come in handy. At least 3 TVs will be set up.

WHEN: Saturday, April 13th, from 6:30 pm to about 11pm.

WHERE: Nationalities Service Center(NSC) on the corner of Spruce and 13th Streets. First floor of
the building, in the back. City of Philadelphia
in the state of Pennsylvania. (duh) Cover charge at the door is 3 dollars. The Philadelphia Animation Society will be holding its monthly screening/social the same night as well on the premises- they are responsible for the lease and
have granted me permission to hold this in the first place.

WHY: 'Cause we ain't got nothing better to do on the weekends. Actually, it is high time I got around to openly inviting people to Philly for
this sort of informal mini-event.

HOW DO I GET MORE INFO?
Either respond to this post or hit me up via email if necessary. Thanks for listening people!
Relevant news on this will be posted here at my
discretion in the coming weeks...

'Nuff said.

-S t e f a n
Dedicated SNK enthusiast since 1990
"Where can I locate King resin kits, dammit?"
<a href="http://www.shaolinnetwork.com" target="_blank">www.shaolinnetwork.com</a>

Wow...I am soooo there...can't wait!! Thanks for organizing, Stefan! You should put everyone interested on a small e-mail reminder list and send it out a day or two beforehand so that busy people like me don't forget!
- Kyle

Ran Thrie

Zero's Tailor
heyo Stefan. I'll bing my neo up like i did last time. I'll try to get my other lazy buddies to come as well.

POoF!
((Shinobi Vanish))

Who else can I expect to see there? I know there are a bunch of other Neo enthusiasts from the Philly area? I'd like to meet some of you!

What kind of turnout are you expecting, Stefan?

- Kyle

P

Primera

I just happened across this message board today and saw this topic. I would love to go, but I think it may be too short notice for me. :( (sigh... and I really want to play KOF 2001!) Are there going to be any more of these gatherings in the future?

Ran Thrie

Zero's Tailor
----Post Philadelphia KOF Gathering report----
(sort of)

After a quick ride on the subway I got myself (and a buddy) to the NSC building. When i got in there was KOF 98 runnin on DC. I was surprised to see how many people turned out, so I broke out the AES and fired up KOF 2001. We played for about 3-4 hours straight. Later in the night in the other room, the Philadelphia Animation Society was showing episodes of the original Macross. The audio and video was super clear.
needless to say I was happy. To top off the night I meet Narkoleptx(Kyle) who posts on these boards, who is a real cool guy.
On the 2nd Saturday of every month, if your in the Philly area its defiantly worth checking out.

PoOF!
((Shinobi Vanish))

[ April 14, 2002: Message edited by: Ran Thrie ]</p>