PDA

View Full Version : KOF2K2 Official Site Opens [From mmcafe.com]



Kid Aphex
08-29-2002, 04:43 PM
here's the site, care of MMcafe.com

<a href="http://www.snkneogeo.co.jp/official/kof2002/kof2002_top.html" target="_blank">http://www.snkneogeo.co.jp/official/kof2002/kof2002_top.html</a>

Daisuke Jigen
08-29-2002, 04:50 PM
Those character portraits are ugly as fuck.

Spike Spiegel 2.0
08-29-2002, 05:03 PM
Daisuke's right, that art is shitacular. Okay, some aren't too bad. Ryo, Kim, K...

And then you got Iori looking horrible, Yamazaki looks ABSOLUTELY SHITTY, as does Joe etc.

What is the damn dirty deal here? Did they take a look at the art for KOF2000 and said "that blows"... then they get this guy and say "yeah, good stuff! See you next year". FIRE that asshole, he's ruining KOF.

Spike

rarehero
08-29-2002, 05:27 PM
well.
the art isnt super.
its different.
it isnt shinkiro, which i would love.
but its collossal better than last year.
and i can take it.
the style is kinda neat and its new.
so i ll live.
no bitching and gripping this year.
if this was the art last year and the cut scenes werent
super dumb looking then i would have liked kof 2001
a bit more.
but cut that.
that game was dumb.
who was the brainiac who put in ratios.
trash.

Takumaji
08-29-2002, 05:42 PM
[quote]Originally posted by rarehero:
<strong> [...] it isnt shinkiro, which i would love.
but its collossal better than last year. [...] </strong><hr></blockquote>

True dat.

Take a look at Mai and Yuri. Specially Yuri looks awesome. She's grown up, finally.

http://www.lupa.de/ne-o-rama/pics/team_lady_yuri.jpg

That pico is really kewl.

There's still this "lip-less" ultra slim style which contradicts to all the old artwork, but at least the faces don't seem as deformed as in 2k1.

Fran
08-29-2002, 05:47 PM
i am REALLY startin to like nona's work
shinkiro was alright
but his style was pretty boring after all
all the fighters had the same face,
were always in that same pose,
with that "realistic" approach to it

dont get me wrong,
all i'm saying is that nona's work is basically,fresh air

2001 had VERY peculiar art to it
2002 is the same stuff all over again,but better

( i admit yama is ridicolous but hey,i can only see 2 ugly ones compared to the 6 or 7 2001 had)

give him another year and shinkiro wont be missed at all

[ August 29, 2002: Message edited by: Fran ]</p>

Kid Aphex
08-29-2002, 05:47 PM
I think the art looks awesome. Better than 97, 96....which were boring lifeless and altogether fucking plain.


peace,
ray

dfx
08-29-2002, 05:52 PM
[quote]Originally posted by rarehero:
<strong>well.
the art isnt super.
its different.
it isnt shinkiro, which i would love.
but its collossal better than last year.
and i can take it.
the style is kinda neat and its new.
so i ll live.
no bitching and gripping this year.
if this was the art last year and the cut scenes werent
super dumb looking then i would have liked kof 2001
a bit more.
but cut that.
that game was dumb.
who was the brainiac who put in ratios.
trash.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Agreed!

the cut scenes/demos of kof01 are simply bad!
just look on heidern, in kof00 he looked
very well drawn, and in 01..well play trough the game
as ikari team then you will see how cheap-drawed he
looks!
the bad demos ruined my fun greatly in this game!..

i like ioris elvis! he kinda looks like in
kof kyo.

:)

dfx
08-29-2002, 06:02 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Takumaji:
<strong>


Take a look at Mai and Yuri. Specially Yuri looks awesome. She's grown up, finally.

http://www.lupa.de/ne-o-rama/pics/team_lady_yuri.jpg

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Have you seen the pic of the kyokugen-school in the
art gallery of the dc version of Garou MotW ?

Yuri looks like a goddess on it!
i really love that pic!

Spike Spiegel 2.0
08-29-2002, 06:11 PM
How come I don't hear anyone saying how retarded Iori looks?

Spike

ray_7
08-29-2002, 06:17 PM
His hair makes him look reatarded!

EVIL NICK
08-29-2002, 06:17 PM
http://www.snkneogeo.co.jp/official/kof2002/img/team_garou_joe.jpg

Umm, why is Joe holding his crotch? :eek:

pyrokilla
08-29-2002, 06:27 PM
Well, I really like the art, Yamazaki does look strange, but over all I think its great.

Bishamon
08-29-2002, 06:28 PM
[quote]Originally posted by EVIL NICK:
<strong>http://www.snkneogeo.co.jp/official/kof2002/img/team_garou_joe.jpg

Umm, why is Joe holding his crotch? :eek: </strong><hr></blockquote>


He thinks he's Michael Jackson? :D

[ August 29, 2002: Message edited by: Bishamon ]</p>

dfx
08-29-2002, 06:30 PM
The KING has returned <img src="graemlins/tickled.gif" border="0" alt="[Tickled]" />

http://www.planetps2.com/mmcafe/pics02/kof2002-set1-12-mu-02.jpg

Bishamon
08-29-2002, 06:30 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Daisuke Jigen:
<strong>Those character portraits are ugly as fuck.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I agree. Hopefully they won't be used on the character select screen. :-/

Hikaru Ichijyo
08-29-2002, 06:35 PM
Some of it looks okay, some of it doesn't look that good at all. Sure as hell beats whoever the artist was for Capcom that did the SNK character pics in SvC2 though (his rendition of the Rock Howard looks HORRIBLE). As for Shinkiro (I'm guessing this is the guy who's been the staple artist for the KOF games for years now), I like his stuff even though alot of his renderings look the same. I saw he's been doing cover art for some of Capcom's latest games like Ghouls N Ghosts GBA and Dino Stalker :) .

I need to catch up on my KOF, last one I've played was '99! <img src="graemlins/loco.gif" border="0" alt="[Loco]" />

Hikaru Ichijyo
08-29-2002, 06:41 PM
[quote]Originally posted by dfx:
<strong>The KING has returned <img src="graemlins/tickled.gif" border="0" alt="[Tickled]" />

http://www.planetps2.com/mmcafe/pics02/kof2002-set1-12-mu-02.jpg</strong><hr></blockquote>

Something offscreen has Iori turned on!

I need to remove my mind from the gutter.....
<img src="graemlins/loco.gif" border="0" alt="[Loco]" /> <img src="graemlins/makeface.gif" border="0" alt="[Make Face]" /> <img src="graemlins/spock.gif" border="0" alt="[Spock]" /> <img src="graemlins/tickled.gif" border="0" alt="[Tickled]" /> :D

SPINMASTER X
08-29-2002, 06:51 PM
The Kof tourney is no place for Iori to be "Pitching a Tent"

[ August 29, 2002: Message edited by: SPINMASTER X ]</p>

Evil Wasabi
08-29-2002, 06:51 PM
Iori is looking more and more like a Cowboy bebop/Trigun Character every year.

Doesn't help that Trigun has sombody that looks just like Iori

dfx
08-29-2002, 07:06 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Hikaru Ichijyo:
<strong>

Something offscreen has Iori turned on!

I need to remove my mind from the gutter.....
<img src="graemlins/loco.gif" border="0" alt="[Loco]" /> <img src="graemlins/makeface.gif" border="0" alt="[Make Face]" /> <img src="graemlins/spock.gif" border="0" alt="[Spock]" /> <img src="graemlins/tickled.gif" border="0" alt="[Tickled]" /> :D </strong><hr></blockquote>

i think this might be the 'problem'..


;)
http://www.planetps2.com/mmcafe/pics02/kof2002-set1-36-ke-02.jpg

Hikaru Ichijyo
08-29-2002, 07:30 PM
[quote]Originally posted by dfx:
<strong>

i think this might be the 'problem'..


</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'd say so ;) . Schwing! :D

gargoyle7
08-29-2002, 07:44 PM
I have to say, Nona's work is really growing on me too.........sure the style is abstract but I actually like it for that, it's different.......The screens so far have me hopeful, as long as backgrounds are more detailed than 2001 & character animation quality takes a step up.......we're good to go IMO, no strikers is a great step in the right direction....think about the extra MEG space that freed up! :D

Lee (garg7)
<a href="http://www.neogeotemple.com" target="_blank">http://www.neogeotemple.com</a>

[ August 29, 2002: Message edited by: gargoyle7 ]</p>

ShikiMikoto
08-29-2002, 08:03 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Hikaru Ichijyo:
<strong>

I'd say so ;) . Schwing! :D </strong><hr></blockquote>

LOL <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[LOL]" />

Devil_Gans
08-29-2002, 09:06 PM
The site is still new,I wish they put some movies from the beta testing in it.That would be neat.

K9999
08-29-2002, 09:19 PM
I'm really digging the art style for 2K2, its very different from anything done before in the KOF series.

Seriously, who doesn't like this...
http://www.snkneogeo.co.jp/official/kof2002/img/team_2001angel.jpg

playboycougar
08-29-2002, 10:04 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Fran:
<strong>i am REALLY startin to like nona's work
shinkiro was alright
but his style was pretty boring after all
all the fighters had the same face,
were always in that same pose,
with that "realistic" approach to it

dont get me wrong,
all i'm saying is that nona's work is basically,fresh air

2001 had VERY peculiar art to it
2002 is the same stuff all over again,but better

( i admit yama is ridicolous but hey,i can only see 2 ugly ones compared to the 6 or 7 2001 had)

give him another year and shinkiro wont be missed at all

[ August 29, 2002: Message edited by: Fran ]</strong><hr></blockquote>I'm agreeing with fran on this one, i'm really liking this artwork. it's differnt and modern. i want to use fashionable but i knwo that's not the right word. just very upbeat and hip, yeah hip, that's it.

Evil Wasabi
08-29-2002, 10:31 PM
well call me a n00b, lame whatever, but i never liked shinkuro's art. its too realistic. if i wanted realistic, i'd look at a fcsking photo.

art is supposed to have style and flare, because you can. and i think this new art is incredible. (i thought 2k1 want that bad. and i thought capcom's artist did a great job in the vs games)

the only ones i dont like are yamazaki, and iori. iori just doesnt look like iori. is face is completely different. his in game art is great tho.


http://www.snkneogeo.co.jp/official/kof2002/img/team_garou_joe.jpg
I'm a THUG!

TheBigBB
08-29-2002, 10:37 PM
I like the art. Why is everyone so picky?

Correction: Why do SOME people have to be so picky? ;)

[ August 29, 2002: Message edited by: dmhawkmoon ]</p>

jeff_mangum
08-29-2002, 11:00 PM
Shermie looks like a crack whore. That's never a good thing.

But, Athena is looking sexier than ever. <img src="graemlins/drool2.gif" border="0" alt="[Drool 2]" />

The Auction Sniper
08-29-2002, 11:04 PM
Well I suppose this isn't anywhere NEAR as good as the good ol' SNK art from previous years (The artist now works at Capcom!)

Tiptonium
08-30-2002, 08:06 AM
[quote]Originally posted by dfx:
<strong>The KING has returned <img src="graemlins/tickled.gif" border="0" alt="[Tickled]" />

http://www.planetps2.com/mmcafe/pics02/kof2002-set1-12-mu-02.jpg</strong><hr></blockquote>

HAHAHAHA!!!! :D

Rade K
08-30-2002, 09:05 AM
How can anyone not like shinkiro's art? It is some of the most distinct art in Videogames, period.

In terms of it being reconizable, he is in the same league as Akira Toriyama.

Sure, his art can be an aquired taste, but I think it is the work or a skilled and talented artist who was able to define his own style regardless of what the 15 year olds think is art. :mad: :mad: :rolleyes:

It's art. More art than anything else. I don't care if anyone thinks it sucks, 'cause it doesnt.


Yes, I think Ken Danby Rules TOO!!!!

Phoenix Down
08-30-2002, 09:51 AM
The good news is, I think it's better than 2K1's artwork. The bad news is that's really not saying much, as 2K1's art sucked ass.

Most of the portraits are ok, but wtf is with Iori's face and hair? Joe looks like he's been going to Don King for hair advice. And Yamazaki's pic has to be one of the worst SNK/Playmore/Eolith drawings in history.

On the other hand, I'll admit Angel's pic is nice <img src="graemlins/drool.gif" border="0" alt="[Drool]" />

Evil Wasabi
08-30-2002, 10:44 AM
im sorry, but what art you like is extremely opinionated and i never liked shinkuro's art. i never said it didnt have its merits, and that hes untalented. it takes tons of skill to draw like he does, but that doesnt mean i have to like it.

i dont like alot of the renaissance art or gothic art either, because i dont like photo realistic.

SPINMASTER X
08-30-2002, 10:52 AM
Shinkiro &gt; Nona.

Overkill Geyser
08-30-2002, 10:55 AM
Shinkiro's art was better, but Nona is all right. I mean, some of his charcter drawings DO look like they werw on crack, though... I've got just one quesion: What the hell is that comin' out of Maxima's chest???

dfx
08-30-2002, 12:14 PM
nona is one of two, so whos the other?

i only know that the main ilustrator of kof02
has drawed the buriki one art.

but these pics looking more like kof01's art!?..

ahh im confused now
anyone explain?

Loopz
08-30-2002, 12:33 PM
This art is ASS. Pure, unwiped ass. From Iori's Elvis funk to Joe's gangsta crotch-stroker, this fool does NOT have a handle on these characters.
Playmore does NOT have the talent to get these games artistically up to par with the old SNK.
It's a fact were all just going to have to accept.

rarehero
08-30-2002, 12:40 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Rade Kuruc:
<strong>How can anyone not like shinkiro's art? It is some of the most distinct art in Videogames, period.

In terms of it being reconizable, he is in the same league as Akira Toriyama.
</strong><hr></blockquote>

totally.
i love shinkiros art.
this stuff doesnt hold a torch to it at all.
shinkiros stuff is so recognizable.
thats why i dont like him going to capcom.
all of their stuff holds the identy of SNK games now.
its all mixmatched this dam shit.
i m not in love with nonas art, but its different.
and its alot better than last years, which was the
largest dissappointment ever.
the art grows on you?
yea. maybe like mmmbop because its so catchy.
but it ll get thrown by the wayside in a few years.
come back to that art a maybe in 2004.
you ll wonder what the hell you were thinking.
the new art isnt terrible.
but its better.
blah.

Ran Thrie
08-30-2002, 12:43 PM
...as far as Joe's pic goes isnt he a crude wise cracker anyway? Nona has proved he can illustrate the characters with personality. The fact were still talking about it comfrims he suceeded.
Shinkiros is very good but they seem like portraits. ie. just standing there. This is a fighting game not a dating sim, the art should have action and flavor. Yes Iroi has been dipping in the gel, and Yamazaki is Dracula, but aside from that there all good.


PoOF!
((Shinobi Vanish))

ShikiMikoto
08-30-2002, 04:49 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Overkill Geyser:
<strong>Shinkiro's art was better, but Nona is all right. I mean, some of his charcter drawings DO look like they werw on crack, though... I've got just one quesion: What the hell is that comin' out of Maxima's chest???</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, MMCafe said Maxima has a new move where he shoots a missile out of his chest, like the Rocky striker from 2k...interesting...

I agree with Ran, though...Shinkiro is extremely good at making realistic art...absolutely no shadow of doubt...but Nona highlights their personality better...I suppose yamazaki's does reflect his personality of a blood-thirsty killer and Iori as a...well, a smooth flame-weilding cool cat? whatever...but, the characters do reflect their personalities, so you gotta hand it to him.

But why does Mai look so bored?

Takumaji
08-30-2002, 05:19 PM
[quote]Originally posted by dfx:
<strong>

Have you seen the pic of the kyokugen-school in the
art gallery of the dc version of Garou MotW ?

Yuri looks like a goddess on it!
i really love that pic!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, the art gallery of MotW DC is really good. Took me a while to unlock it all, I must admit... still don't like it in 1P.

Anyways... the drawing style of 2k2 is better than 2k1, that's for sure, but it's all so mixed, some pics are really good, while others are garbage, like Joe who looks like a dark-haired version of Benimaru. Too skinny.

Ah well, so what, if the game lives up to all the promises, we will have some fun I guess.

dfx
08-30-2002, 06:47 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Takumaji:
<strong>

Yeah, the art gallery of MotW DC is really good. Took me a while to unlock it all, I must admit... still don't like it in 1P.

Anyways... the drawing style of 2k2 is better than 2k1, that's for sure, but it's all so mixed, some pics are really good, while others are garbage, like Joe who looks like a dark-haired version of Benimaru. Too skinny.

Ah well, so what, if the game lives up to all the promises, we will have some fun I guess.</strong><hr></blockquote>

you are right
1player garou is not really entertaining..i prefer
kof or last blade over it anytime!.

the new art looks way better than 01's plus
i like the king! <img src="graemlins/tickled.gif" border="0" alt="[Tickled]" />

ps
hab deine pm erhalten! ;)

Fygee
08-31-2002, 03:06 AM
Quite a bit of an improvement over 2001. The female artwork looks really class (especially Mai, Athena, and Angel), but the male artwork for the most part still leaves a lot to be desired. Still not near the level of Shinkirou, but Nona does put a lot of life into the art that Shinkirou had problems doing (he was starting to get the grasp of it with KOF 2000 and CvS2, but its too late now that he's at Capcom).

One thing that really bugs me is the addition of black outlines to the hair and clothes of most of the characters. Angel looks like she has a plastic wig on, and Kim looks like his pants are made of tiled concrete.

Daisuke Jigen
08-31-2002, 03:26 AM
My moms name is Nona.

Sonic1787DC
09-03-2002, 04:27 PM
HOLY JESUS! WHAT KINDA CRAP ART IS THAT!?

god... i used to hate classic Sonic to Sonic Adventure... but I got used to that at least and like it just as much now, but this is just retarded... and whats up with Joe's hair!?

this is just siiiick

edit: call me stupid, but what the hell is Shermie doing in there!?

haven't kept up completely with the kof story line so um... someone explain!

[ September 03, 2002: Message edited by: Sonic1787DC ]</p>

Takumaji
09-03-2002, 05:06 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Sonic1787DC:
<strong>

[...]

edit: call me stupid, but what the hell is Shermie doing in there!?

haven't kept up completely with the kof story line so um... someone explain!

[ September 03, 2002: Message edited by: Sonic1787DC ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

10 print "KoF2k2 = Dream Match";
20 goto 10

run

KoF2k2 = Dream Match KoF2k2 = Dream Match KoF2k2 = Dream Match KoF2k2 = Dream Match KoF2k2 = Dream Match KoF2k2 = Dream Match KoF2k2 = Dream Match KoF2k2 = Dream Match KoF2k2 = Dream Match KoF2k2 = Dream Match KoF2k2 = Dream Match KoF2k2 = Dream Match KoF2k2 = Dream Match KoF2k2 = Dream Match KoF2k2 = Dream Match KoF2k2 = Dream Match KoF2k2 = Dream Match KoF2k2 = Dream Match KoF2k2 = Dream Match KoF2k2 = Dream Match KoF2k2 = Dream Match KoF2k2 = Dream Match KoF2k2 = Dream Match ......

<img src="graemlins/smirk.gif" border="0" alt="[Smirk]" />