PDA

View Full Version : I got my MVS Cabinet.



ZeroMJ
08-29-2002, 09:26 AM
Last night after venturing all around Rhode Island looking for 1265 Mendon Road (which despite my attempts to find it in an apartment type building was actually a large factory/warehouse that is larger than modern Wal-Marts.) So anyway I got it and boy is it purdy. This is absolutley the pinnacle of Neo-Geo gaming. All I have now is Neo Geo Cup98 (which is super damn fun) but I have Metal Slug coming from Briggs and I will soon be a happy Neo fan even moreso than I am now. I hope this meaningless information was of some interest to you.

Bishamon
08-29-2002, 09:43 AM
Congratulations! :)

KaedesBlade
08-29-2002, 10:16 AM
I want to see, post some pics! :)

m_bish0p
08-29-2002, 10:29 AM
pics!!! Description? is it a candy? Is it an upright dedicated? Is it in a capcom cabinet like mine?

RyoGeo
08-29-2002, 10:36 AM
MJ, send me your address. I have a KoF '95 cart you can have. I think, at one point, it was repaired because it has some EPROMs in it. All the rest is legit though (SNK boards, cart case, sticker seems to be authentic japanese sticker). Because it is not in untouched condition, I don't want to sell it to anyone. Giving it away to a proud, new cab owner seems like the only right thing to do.

Just send me an addy at the email address I have listed above, with the other icons.

ZeroMJ
08-29-2002, 11:02 AM
Thank you!!!!! :)

E-mail sent.

Giga Power
08-29-2002, 01:46 PM
RyoGeo that was very damn cool of you.

TonK
08-29-2002, 01:48 PM
[quote]Originally posted by RyoGeo:
<strong>MJ, send me your address. I have a KoF '95 cart you can have. I think, at one point, it was repaired because it has some EPROMs in it. All the rest is legit though (SNK boards, cart case, sticker seems to be authentic japanese sticker). Because it is not in untouched condition, I don't want to sell it to anyone. Giving it away to a proud, new cab owner seems like the only right thing to do.

Just send me an addy at the email address I have listed above, with the other icons.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Did I mention i just bought a cab as well?

TonK
08-29-2002, 02:03 PM
<a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=007767" target="_blank">Here!</a>

TonK
08-29-2002, 02:05 PM
BTW, Zero, proud of ya man!

Bishamon
08-29-2002, 02:21 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Cappadonna:
<strong>

Did I mention i just bought a cab as well?</strong><hr></blockquote>


Got a cart you want to give him? :D

playboycougar
08-29-2002, 02:33 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Bishamon:
<strong>


Got a cart you want to give him? :D </strong><hr></blockquote>awesome zero!, btw tonk (cap) did give me my 1st ever neo game. 3 count bout. that was super cool of him!

RyoGeo
08-29-2002, 03:15 PM
Heh, Capp doesn't need a freebie. He has a bunch of stuff already.

ZeroMJ
08-30-2002, 07:17 AM
Thank you everyone! I tried taking pictures last night, but there was no success. So I'm gonna try again soon. It's not a candy, and its about 6 feet tall. A full sized 1-slot Neo-Red. Soccer is fun, but it doesn't shout NEO-GEO like Metal Slug or KOF 95. :)

Conker
08-30-2002, 07:31 AM
Actually I also got a cabinet last night.
It is built by Atari with a large top part, and a smaller lower part. It has a 25 inch screen and a "drawer" system where you can pull the middle part out, which makes it a LOT easier to change carts ( I have a 2 slot MVS board ) and Jamma boards. I will post pictures of it on my Danish web page this weekend.

<img src="graemlins/glee.gif" border="0" alt="[Glee]" /> Conker

[ August 30, 2002: Message edited by: Conker ]</p>

LWK
08-30-2002, 04:51 PM
[quote]Originally posted by RyoGeo:
<strong>MJ, send me your address. I have a KoF '95 cart you can have. I think, at one point, it was repaired because it has some EPROMs in it. All the rest is legit though (SNK boards, cart case, sticker seems to be authentic japanese sticker). Because it is not in untouched condition, I don't want to sell it to anyone. Giving it away to a proud, new cab owner seems like the only right thing to do.

Just send me an addy at the email address I have listed above, with the other icons.</strong><hr></blockquote>


Hey man thats cool. This is exactly what this scene needs more of. Good luck with you cab zero mj. I am thinking of getting a neo 29 or 50 myself.

Gamefan
08-30-2002, 11:06 PM
Congrats on getting your cabinet.

GAMEFAN

K9999
08-30-2002, 11:21 PM
Congrats on the cab MJ, post some pics if you get a chance.

Lee Gray
09-03-2002, 06:23 PM
I hope you have fun with it mate :)

rarehero
09-04-2002, 08:23 AM
welcome to the world of MVS
:)
tons more fun than home carts.
its all about move stickers and marquees.
;)

SilverAngel
09-04-2002, 10:04 AM
Congrates on getting it! :)

Samurai Hamster
09-04-2002, 11:32 AM
[quote]Originally posted by rarehero:
<strong>welcome to the world of MVS
:)
tons more fun than home carts.
its all about move stickers and marquees.
;) </strong><hr></blockquote>

and playing Metal Slug for $40 ,

Orochi_invisibleink
09-04-2002, 11:51 AM
congrats dude! you are living the dream :cool:

m_bish0p
09-04-2002, 04:30 PM
welcome to the club of cabinet owners...now you too can listen to friends and family alike as they explain that this is only proof of your insanity!

seriously though, great to hear there are still people out there who really love the old arcade feel.

rarehero
09-04-2002, 04:54 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Samurai Hamster:
<strong>

and playing Metal Slug for $40 ,</strong><hr></blockquote>

hahah.
theres the rare MVS carts too.
but i dont think they go for incredulous amounts
like MS on cart though.
i have more fun with MVS carts.
theyre just so much more playful! :)