Capcom's New 3D Fighter

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
It looks pretty cool.It has strider hiryu and the street fighter characters in it.

cap3d-10-pl.jpg

[ August 28, 2002: Message edited by: Devil_Gans ]</p>

Megatron X

X nortageM,
Can it be the Capcom All-Star game that was rumored around, but it's a 3D fighter instead of 2D? It does have Street Fighter characters along with other Capcom fighters.

cap3d-08-fx.jpg

[ August 28, 2002: Message edited by: Megatron X ]</p>

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
As long as it plays like a 2D fighter, that's all I can ask for!

Peace

JHendrix

Megatron X

X nortageM,
Originally posted by JHendrix:
<strong>As long as it plays like a 2D fighter, that's all I can ask for!

Peace

JHendrix</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think it's going to play 2D with 3D. Look at Ryu on the pic that I've posted. He's dodging (side-step) his opponent's attack. I hope Capcom releases more info on this game.

2Heed

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
Haggar's in it?!

*Mr. Burns voice*

eXcellent (doodles fingers)

ray_7

They look really good too, possible GC/PS2 release??

I can't wait to see Akuma in this game, must be really cool...

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Originally posted by ray_7:
<strong>They look really good too, possible GC/PS2 release??

I can't wait to see Akuma in this game, must be really cool...</strong><hr></blockquote>

If past rumors are any indication this looks like it's on System 246 and you all know what that means....one more good PS2 release! :D

I hope Akuma makes an appearance in this game as well, I mean Ryu is cool and all but my favorite Shoto has to be Akuma/Gokui, I mean he has the Raging Demon for god's sake! How can you NOT like that!

Peace

JHendrix

Solid Snake

King's Dry Cleaner
My Assumption:
All the Stages so far are caged in and since most characters derive from 2d games, they'll have to keep that element while throwing in some more primitive 3d movement so its limited enough not too walk around a fire ball but not too limited so that it isn't useless altogether.

Stages = Fighting Vipers
Fighting Scheme = Street Fighter EX
movement = Tekken 3, Virtua Fighter 3 or Mortal Kombat 4

td741

, NOTE: Please add 16 points to his feedback., --
Hmm... Is it me or does "Ingrid" look like she's supposed to a 50 year-old cosplaying as Chun Li? :p

Bhm

Not to be confused with H&M,
CRAPCOM CRAPCOM RAH RAH!

Where's that damned Spinmaster X when you need him?

I to be honest don't like the look if the game, sadly, but that's just me :D

// Bhm

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I've never played a good CAPCOM 3D fighter and I've played them all, so I'm not holding my breath for quality.

So far, those 3D models look pretty stiff and boring. NO personality.

Who knows??? Maybe it will turn out to be decent.

If Street Fighter EX is any indication of what we'll get here, it'll be bland city.

What sucks is that they know they can't design a character anymore, so they have to dig into the archives and ruin the Good names of Strder (again) and Haggar( again).

Was any one here a big fan of EX???? Hello?

jeff_mangum

Geese's Thug
Yeah, I thinking this game is pretty fucking ugly. But the comment about Capcom not making any good 3D fighters is not entirely correct in my mind.

Rival Schools 2 and the Powerstone series(if you count PS as a fighter) were both top notch.

Then you've got the bottom of the barrel shit like the SFEX series, which happened to be developed by Arika. No mention of Arika at Madman's Cafe, so that's a good sign.

It looks like it has potential. So long as it plays like Project Justice (and not like any of the SF EX series), I'd be more than willing to go on an arcade road trip to find where it's located.

jeff_magnum, you might want to add something to your sig. Something along the lines of, "You're not really reading my posts, are you? Go ahead, oggle at the picture of the pretty lady.", or something like that...

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
If capcom wants to make a good 2d fighter, they better stay away from the SFEX roots.It didn't work.I sure hope this isn't SFEX4.
If its a 3d fighting games they are making, it should fully take advantage of the 3d not like like what they did with SFEX.
Rival school was great but the backgrounds were not fully 3d and were "rotating".The foreground and the background didn't corespond.There was also infinite space.The same can be said about SFEX.
Lets hope capcom redeem themselves with this one.

[ August 28, 2002: Message edited by: Devil_Gans ]</p>

Ran Thrie

Zero's Tailor
woo Capcom this game better be good.
We all know when you venture in the 3D world you tend to get...retarded.

PoOF!
((Shinobi Vanish))

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Bhm:
<strong>CRAPCOM CRAPCOM RAH RAH!

Where's that damned Spinmaster X when you need him?

I to be honest don't like the look if the game, sadly, but that's just me :D

// Bhm</strong><hr></blockquote>

Damn sweetheart did you miss me already? X is hear and ready to attack any fanboyish comments. haha just kidding. I kinda gave up on my "fanboy bounty hunter" trip so you can say crapcom all you want. I'm not too enthused with the way it looks at all myself. I don't care for 3d fighters that play like 2d games.

I already play massive amounts of Virtua Fighter and Tekken so if i want my 3d fix i need at least 50 moves per character and all the other nice things that go along with 3d fighters. I don't need a 3d game that plays like 2d. Just plain 2D is fine for me.

I'll still give it a chance though cuz it has Haggar in it. I'd like some other "lovelies" from final fight to make it too.

K_Dash

Zero's Tailor
It doesn't look too bad actually. I don't think Capcom will make it play like the EX series, which was total crap, but rather make it like a mix of Rival Schools and Street Fighter, if it is like that, then I would certainly play it. I just hope the whole Final Fight gang is there and also Ryu from Breath of Fire.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I like the 'dark and realistic' feel it gives, though... nice touch.

honestly, SF has NEVER gone 3d well, but my guilty pleasure in life is SFEX+A for PSX, it's kinda cool in training mode.

I really don't look forward to this, though cause capcom recycles worse than Playmore.. THEY NEED A CvS3!

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
Originally posted by jeff_mangum:
<strong>Then you've got the bottom of the barrel shit like the SFEX series, which happened to be developed by Arika. No mention of Arika at Madman's Cafe, so that's a good sign.</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's what I was worried about.

Nice sig, BTW. ;)