Ikaruga to GameCube

God_Rugal

New Challenger
- A spokesperson for Infogrames Japan told IGNcube today that the company has picked up the rights to publish Ikaruga for Nintendo's next-generation console. The company plans to release the GCN update worldwide in early January 2003 under its Atari Games brand.
Ikaruga, developed by Treasure, is a traditional shooter that was originally released on Sega's Naomi arcade board, and has since come to Sega's Dreamcast console. The title, with old school top-down play mechanics and relentless twitch action, not to mention some captivating visuals to boot, scored rave reviews in the arcades.

Infogrames noted that while the Dreamcast version will stay totally true to the arcade original, the GCN update would sport several improvements, including a new training mode among other things.

My Opinion atari label wtf atari sux!!!!!!

also I can see the value of the dreamcast one rocketing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
I thought Japhei got banned.....!!!!

And if this is true, why are you making fun of it? You're only saying that cause you want your 90 copies of DC Ikaruga to skyrocket in price, but I don't see how it logically follows that a port of a game makes the old one worth more. It'll probably decrease the price, smart guy!

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
We already moved all of the Ikaruga to GC Threads out of News and Rumours, you are a day late and a dollar short, dumbfuck.