Chaos a MVS 1-slot hybrid?

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
From Nobita_Kun

Just found out SvC is going to be 1850$!And its hybrid MVS+1 slot hybrid JAMMA board!

Shits not gonna be cheaper until the MVS cart comes out. But for now its going to be a self contained JAMMA board Thats entercoded simular to the CPS 3 so nobody can dump the games(which is a good idea) in the first couple of months when it first comes out.

Don't think this was already posted here. What do you peeps think?

<small>[ June 11, 2003, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Amix ]</small>

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
takuman:
snkvscapcom is normal mvs
help
Never said it wasn't. But, supposedly the first shipment will be a kit/board combo, with added security measures. The cart will follow.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Well as long as it does get a proper MVS release, and isnt dumped for at least 6 months = a good thing.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I like this idea... and I was only off $50 on the price wink If this is true, it will be a cool collectible.

-Nick

mungrin

Panko KING,
Why was the Kof 2k2 rom out right after its realease but Matrimeele rom has still not surfaced and its been months?

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Two grand? looks like I'll have to get one of the ports of this one...

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Baseley09:
Well as long as it does get a proper MVS release, and isnt dumped for at least 6 months = a good thing.
It'll be dumped within a few days and people will have a total field day selling bootlegged carts, unless they completely changed the way its encrypted (which I doubt).

Now, as for a public release of the roms, that will probably take 6+ months unless they're leaked.

m_bish0p

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Even if they do change the way it's encrypted, it'll get dumped. It's just a matter of time.

I don't believe for a second that they're releasing a whole separate board to early adoptors, and making them pay more for the privlage. I could be wrong, but that kind of development offort would cost more for playmore than a ROM dump.

I bet money we get a standard MVS cart, with a new memory paging chip. The Gameboy had a similar system for 'banking' ROM memory, and they had to keep updating the bank chips. A new set of chips could bring in the next generation of neo games.

What is a possibility, and more likely than the above scenerio, is that the new bank chip also has some copy protection features built into it. If they were developing a new chip anyway, it would make sense to put some effort into the area of copy protection.

It'll be nice if it holds out until Playmore has sold all the carts it was going to anyway. More money for playmore and more kids hitting the arcades to play.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Amix, I believe you are correct and backs up some rumor mill I have been hearing as well. No idea on price accuracy, but the configuration is what I have heard mentioned also.

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Hey,

Where did you get your info from? I would like to read more on this, possible set it to buy this when it comes out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :cool:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I'm sure somewhere in l337 land they're like "Oh no! We're going to have to wait for this game to get dumped! What are we going to do?"

We need a certified Rom Hunter.