IT'S OFFICIAL - SVC RULES!

BenimaruN

Overtop Pathfinder
head on over to <a href="http://www.snk-capcom.com/" target="_blank">snk-capcom</a> to download proof. (vids are back online)

OH YEAH! buttrock

<small>[ June 13, 2003, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: BenimaruN ]</small>

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
BenimaruN:
head on over to <a href="http://www.snk-capcom.com/" target="_blank">snk-capcom</a> to download proof.

OH YEAH! buttrock
still looks just O.K.

......thats not good.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I am just underwhelmed by what i've seen of this game so far. The capcom roster has too many shotos and the recycled KOF sprites on the SNK roster is unacceptable for what is supposed to be a YUGE release. I won't comment on the gameplay but if it turns out to be fantastic it'll make me even more upset that we were'nt introduced to a total overhaul in sprites and beter selection of characters.
-BB

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Terry does indeed look to have additional frames, at least in his idle stance. Smoother than I recall from any KoF anyway.

Certainly looks like a lot of fun to me. Gameplay seems very fast and I like the sound effects as well.

I'm just as excited as I ever was.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Those were some great vids, the gameplay looks
to be hyperactive but very fluid, let's hope for
the best.

valenti

Mr. Big's Thug
terry's standing animation is definately worked on, and animation is great. this is too fantastic!!!

Tetsuo311

King's Dry Cleaner
BG's, Graphics and Gameplay all look good but the in game music sucks angry I guess I'll be forever spoiled by Guilty GearXX crying I guess I'll have to play my in case music sucks soundtrack Fear Factory: Obsolete buttrock

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Its like the reverse of Capcom Vs SNK 2!! This time all the Capcom Chracters look cool as meanwhile the SNK charaters look very much out of place. Some very nice animation on the Capcom chracters......

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
HELL YA!!! looks awesome.. burn knuckle looks a bit wimpy in this game. needs more flash.. motw like..

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I think it looks great!

If I had to complain, I'd have to say Kyo looks, a little . . . plain.

Ran Thrie

Zero's Tailor
I'm diggin new voices and hit sounds.
Dhalsim looked sweet but this is just SVC Shoto-Chaos.

dont jump.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Its basically the anti-CvS2. And that's not really a good thing.

Still, I'm sure it'll be fun to play.

Thanks to everuber Truieminator for the vids! :D

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Looks great, but I'm not too sure about the music either. It's not bad, but I've heard better. Anyway, that is the only real negative aspect that I can see so far.

Kaz

Orochian

n00b
Am I the only one who's utterly dissappointed with what we've seen so far? Character choices aside, it's hard to be optimistic about how this game's gonna turn out. The visual effects are horrid - that character selection screen looks like it's from a vintage fighter from the '90s, and the font used the in-battle announcements could not be any more lame.

The sound effects suck, and from the videos the gameplay seems iffy. I can't quite describe what is wrong with it but it's just not "together" like a great fighting game should be. Granted I'm sure this will undergo a lot of changes and improvements before it formally hits the arcades, but so far I'm not exactly overwhelmed.

Those guys at insert-credit.com summed it up pretty well.....this doesn't appear to offer anything new, or even worthwhile.

<small>[ June 11, 2003, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: Orochian ]</small>

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
I think its better that the characters look out of place, maybe they are trying to fit there fighting style more closely to there originals. Not for all characters, but as long as genjuro plays like he did in ss4 & terry plays like kof/ff, kyo & iori play like kof, ryu, ken & guile play like ssf2t, then its all good, because they might play like another version of the same character or they might be tweaked to compete against the stronger characters.

In cvs 2 capcom took all the snk characters & made the prioritys in the moves crap, well! not crap, just very capcom style which doesnot fit the game well, i see the capcom characters in this game being made by a better company at making fighting games, so the characters we see i think will be of better calibur in this game than in there own capcom games.
Just wait & see. Well at least all characters have gained the abillity to crouch then walk then crouch etc with know lag, (characters are more versatile) try doing it in capcom games, you cant do it, you can only move back & forward, which makes for you being sweeped.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Actually I've got to admit, after watching the vids a few more times, the music is starting to grow on me... I especially like the music on the Terry/Vega fight :)

Orochian: I respect your opinion, but I honestly couldn't be more pleased with what I have seen (this is just my opinion though). I guess no matter how the game plays/looks, it won't please everyone anyway, especially with *this* much hype around it.

Kaz

<small>[ June 11, 2003, 03:30 AM: Message edited by: Kazuya_UK ]</small>

Red_venom

n00b
I don't even know what to say... What was shown was a real mixed bag. I liked the character portraits on the select screen, but the background of it and the the sprites doing a little pose just look bad imo. The game LOOKS fun to me, I like how the game looks like it will play. BUT everything just feels like it lacks impact, moves like Terry's Burning Knuckle look weak(Maybe I just couldn't make out the detail from the video). Ryu doing his Shinkuu-Hadoken looked pathetic. There is also barely any hint of when a character does a Super move... Just a bit of a flash, but the moves don't look nearly robust enough, just from what I could see and once again it could have been the video. The sound effects also seem like SHIT. Reminds me of SF2 all the way to Hyper Fighting. Those dull thuds that sound like someone is hitting a bag of sand(Most evident in the Dhalsim vs Mai vid).

Random other thoughts... The super meter should be notched, as of now it's hard to accurately tell at a quick glance how close you are to the next level of the meter. There should be SOME sort of indication when you get to level 3. Whether it be a quick flash and clang sound effect like what a super in the KOF games sound like, or your character starts flashing, just please add something. The super bar also seems to fill erratically. I couldn't tell if characters gained more bar from getting hit or from doing blocked hits or whiffed specials. Also Hugo is not nearly as slow as people had made him out to be. He is really only huge because he is just a direct rip from SF3, with probably half the frames of animation removed and all colors dithered. The backgrounds are awesome, maybe some of the best in a while(Since KOF99, or Alpha 2 maybe).

Hope the game is fun: [

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
BIG BEAR:
I am just underwhelmed by what i've seen of this game so far. The capcom roster has too many shotos and the recycled KOF sprites on the SNK roster is unacceptable for what is supposed to be a YUGE release. I won't comment on the gameplay but if it turns out to be fantastic it'll make me even more upset that we were'nt introduced to a total overhaul in sprites and beter selection of characters.
-BB
It sounds like you're hell bent on disliking this game! If it has bad gameplay you'll be upset. If it has good gameplay, you'll be more upset. (your words) Maybe you should just not get the game then. Have you gotten Matrimelee? That's not a disappointing game at all. It might make you a lot happier...

<small>[ June 11, 2003, 03:39 AM: Message edited by: dmhawkmoon ]</small>

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
BenimaruN:
head on over to <a href="http://www.snk-capcom.com/" target="_blank">snk-capcom</a> to download proof.

OH YEAH! buttrock
WHAT????? DOWNLOAD???? TEH ROMZZZZ ARE ALREADY AVAILABLE?????????????

eek_2

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
Aha! i just worked out how to play this game.
Its a mind game of trying to attack without the opponent using the gaurd cancel step system, which will be impossible as we shall workout what moves can be punished using g cancel step. Don't forget about the defense gauge too, meaning you have to attack get this down from you foe, if you make 2 successful attack patterns there defense gaurd will be half gone.

Also using g step cancel will be the new confusing thing to do as you could use it to alter there rythem quite easily, meaning you can GSC & attack strait away or you can wait & go behind there character altergother.

In the terry vs vega movie, vega does the psysho crusher & scores a counter which causes 2 hits, so it looks like this game's play system & prioritys are like kof 02.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I for one really like the sound effects. They actually sound like they're hitting a person, instead of punching through a car.

The music....I'm not too keen on. It appears that it uses the same sound set as KOF '01/'02, and that's not good.

The music from the Mai/Dhalsim fight is nice.
The music from the Iori/Ryu fight is okay
The music from the Kyo/Hugo fight is AWFUL.
And the music from the Terry/Vega fight is decent.

Personally, they should've just hired Noise Factory to do the music and have a guaranteed quality rockin' soundtrack. After hearing the stuff they can do in Matrimelee and the other games they've taken part in (ROTD, Metal Slug 4, Sengoku 3), it seems like a huge shame that they're not being used for this game, or all recent games for that matter.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
I honestly don't see why people are having a problem with this game. I think Dhalsim's new animation style (rubber-bands) is really how it should've always been done, and the sound effects are fantastic. Like Fygee said, it actually sounds like somebody being hit. Terry's extra animation looks awkward (his arms sort of open up a bit at the end) but his fight with Vega was fan-fucking-tastic.

Hugo looks infiintely better than his Third Strike appearance.

Great footage, I'm even more psyched for this game. Now if I could just see some clean Genjuro stuff, no more blurry pics.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
I am pretty impressed by that footage. Makes the game look like a lot of fun. The amount of recycling looks small in the big picture, and anyway, the game itself is far more important than whether or not the Ryo sprite is reused. I am of the opinion that the atmosphere is far far more important that anything else. I'd rather have an amazing atmosphere than amazing animation, not to say that the animation here is bad. I wouldn't judge too harshly based on this footage anyhow. It's not like it's perfect quality. What I can see looks really fun to play.

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
I think the final version will be much better still.
Remember the early kof 02 videos, these vids have the same features as those, music can be tweaked, voices can be improved etc, i remember seing how jerky benimaru & blue mary where in that version, this is identicle to that version, same colours & presentation, there's also no atmosfear & players are just jumping around making the game look worse, its like the same person playing the old 02 vids whilst they where in beta testing stages.

Its best to wait & see when its released in the arcades for a few months, thats when we can judge it for its playabillity.