insertcredit SvC videos

Tora Kouhi

Rugal's Secretary
<a href="http://www.insertcredit.com/features/svcchaos/beta.html" target="_blank">http://www.insertcredit.com/features/svcchaos/beta.html</a>

<small>[ June 09, 2003, 03:20 AM: Message edited by: Tora Kouhi ]</small>

Solidus Snake

Genam's Azami Sharpener
SonGohan:
sloooooooooooooow....... :(
yeah it does need to sped up a bit.
But I like what I see so far.

<small>[ June 09, 2003, 03:29 AM: Message edited by: Solidus Snake ]</small>

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Cool, thanks a lot for the link! :) That footage isn't pretty cool although I would have liked to see some other characters in action. I don't really think the game is *that* slow either, although a turbo option would be welcome.

This will still end up being one of the few MVS carts I buy somewhere close to the release date... must have it! :)

Kaz

Fuchikoma

n00b
Slow? are you watching the same videos as I am? Did you see the speed behind Ryu's fireball? This game is definitely faster than the KOF series, sure it's not super turbo hyper fighting... but there hasn't been a fighter like that since the 90s. I'm very pleased with what I see... looks very solid and the inability to roll is going to lead to different strategies for hardcore KOF players.

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
Fuchikoma is correct, i know my fighting games & those look about the same as ssf2t at speed 3 setting. Also there are lots of lag time in the moves (especialy the shotos) they may have a fireball trap but we can just block & walk forwards to close the gap. I wonder if you can block c medium kick at mid range & jump over fireballs, i think the jumping spring speed is like kof, so we can jump out of the way if there timing is off.

Also i noticed ryu's short forearm attack, maybe its back & weak punch? The shoto's crouch medium kick was slow to come out & to recover, i bet its weak in priority against weak kicks to.

Kims dash is super fast too, if you see it in the background.
The game looks to be great after seing those vids.

Oh yeah, if ryo has the 98/02 style light kick, he's gonna be pretty strong & will be the shoto killer, no questions.

<small>[ June 09, 2003, 05:43 AM: Message edited by: the_colonel ]</small>

Brad

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Cool videos. Entertainingly writ review. I liked it.

cgun

Fio's Quartermaster
Wow, can´t wait to see these. Now downloading with my 56k modem, hurray! loco

I which movie can i see kim?

Fuchikoma

n00b
About the fireball lag, in the reports at MMcafe there's a concern about that. There's the ability to dash cancel moves, so the shotos have the ability to throw a fireball and cancel in to a dash chasing after it. It could land up being very abusive.

Also concerning the animation, it looks very good to me. The Kof characters didn't seem to have any new frames... but Ryu and Gouki were very fluid, even in their normal punches and kicks there's a good amount of frames, looks like a higher rate than CvSNK 2.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
very nice videos
cant wait to play this game

too bad that so called "review" is not funny and...well,just plain idiotic

"
We didn’t look like your typical gaijin Neo Geo fanboys (meaning we hadn’t just spent three thousand dollars in Den Den Town, weren’t from Europe, and had showered that morning)
"

ohhhhh

"
I was wearing my Capcom vs. SNK 2 shirt, featuring a remarkably strange assembly of characters, that came with my never-opened copy of the PS2 version of the game. (Dreamcast fo LIFE, foo.) Matt had on his brand-new, 300-yen DDR hat. We were stylin’ and ready to rock it out
"

idiots :rolleyes:

and what about this

"
Matt’s thoughts: Seems like an attempt at bringing SF Zero (that’s SF Alpha to you gaijin) gameplay to the Neo Geo home system.

Chris’ thoughts: So? Why are people going to care if this is just going to be a redrawn Street Fighter Alpha 3 with SNK cast members? Where are the new gameplay mechanics? Where are the new characters?
"

are they FUCKING stupid or what????

who cares about SFZ3 on the neo with snk characters?

"
One thing I can say for SVC Chaos – and maybe this is really important – is that it avoids the whole MUGEN vibe given off by the first couple of CVS games. That is to say, the characters have been completely redrawn into a new, yet familiar, visual style rather than ripped directly from older games
"

so they did not see iori,kyo,mai,mr karate etc etc etc

:rolleyes:

and they both are shit players
making fun of that guy with 50 wins

losers

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Fran:
very nice videos

"
We didn’t look like your typical gaijin Neo Geo fanboys (meaning we hadn’t just spent three thousand dollars in Den Den Town, weren’t from Europe, and had showered that morning)
"

ohhhhh

"
I was wearing my Capcom vs. SNK 2 shirt, featuring a remarkably strange assembly of characters, that came with my never-opened copy of the PS2 version of the game. (Dreamcast fo LIFE, foo.) Matt had on his brand-new, 300-yen DDR hat. We were stylin’ and ready to rock it out
"

and what about this

"
Matt’s thoughts: Seems like an attempt at bringing SF Zero (that’s SF Alpha to you gaijin) gameplay to the Neo Geo home system.

Chris’ thoughts: So? Why are people going to care if this is just going to be a redrawn Street Fighter Alpha 3 with SNK cast members? Where are the new gameplay mechanics? Where are the new characters?
"

"
One thing I can say for SVC Chaos – and maybe this is really important – is that it avoids the whole MUGEN vibe given off by the first couple of CVS games. That is to say, the characters have been completely redrawn into a new, yet familiar, visual style rather than ripped directly from older games
"

losers
lol That was actually really damn funny. Thanks.

BTW, those videos looked awesome, I seriously can't WAIT to get this game. I just hope it doesn't go for $1G to start with and starts at least a little bit lower at like $500.

I hope I hope I hope.... :D

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
No kidding, huh? I really can't justify a grand, but I could probably convince myself 500 bucks is a good deal. :o

X

Y,
Is it me or do the shoryukens seem that have a horrible frame rate? Could be the video.

mlloyd

Morden's Lackey
Fran:
very nice videos

"
"

ohhhhh

"
"

and what about this

"

"

"
"

losers
Got to agree Fran!!! They are idiots!!!

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Idiots or not, they summed up what i pretty much thought the game would be like.......CvS but done as an actual solid game.

Will be great im sure.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
paying 500$ for it at launch?

hah

*goes back to playing his 10$ SF3*

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Fran:
very nice videos

Idiotic?
Nahh, it's just the insertcredit style y'know.
Most of their stuff is fairly sarcastic/irreverent, you just need to read between the lines (as my English teacher always told me to do).

"I was wearing my Capcom vs. SNK 2 shirt, featuring a remarkably strange assembly of characters, that came with my never-opened copy of the PS2 version of the game. (Dreamcast fo LIFE, foo.) Matt had on his brand-new, 300-yen DDR hat. We were stylin’ and ready to rock it out. "

That is clearly sarcasm. 300-yen is about £1.50, so thats one cheap-ass DDR hat, and use of words like 'stylin' and 'foo' are intentionally out-of-character, and therefore sarcastic.

Well, whatever. You either like the writing style or you don't I guess.

And I am still looking forward to this game.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Great looks at the location test... I liked the pre-videos more than the actually game footage for some reason. Nice capture of walking to Neo Geo Land, going in the wrong Neo Geo Land... finding the right one... then giving us a glimpse at that line! Damn...

Videos look good, Ryu gets picked a lot wink All and all, cool... Thanks!

-Nick

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
nruva:
Great looks at the location test... I liked the pre-videos more than the actually game footage for some reason. Nice capture of walking to Neo Geo Land, going in the wrong Neo Geo Land... finding the right one... then giving us a glimpse at that line! Damn...

Videos look good, Ryu gets picked a lot wink All and all, cool... Thanks!

-Nick
I felt the same way!!! What an excellent presentation!
This title is going to be an excellent game to have @ tournament gatherings.I truly hope Playmore tweaks the mechanics to perfection so we don't have to worry about the usual shoto cheeze artists.
-BB

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
"In the end, I get the feeling that SNK vs. Capcom was supposed to be released a long time ago – like, say, concurrently or soon after Capcom vs. SNK. It was announced, of course, at the same time as the Neo Geo Pocket Color cartridge. Two years ago, SF Zero-style gameplay on the Neo Geo hardware would have been interesting – but for 2003, SVC might end up being one big anticlimax."

That last paragraph put a little damper on my expectations of this game. Cool videos, but not an encouraging review. We'll see.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
toy_brain
Nahh, it's just the insertcredit style y'know.
Most of their stuff is fairly sarcastic/irreverent [/QB]
fair enough i suppose
but in my head
i wanted to know about SVCC
did not want to read lame attempts at sarcasm by mister chris cuntybollocks joe cocker arse or whatever his name is

hanzo x

n00b
Amix:
No kidding, huh? I really can't justify a grand, but I could probably convince myself 500 bucks is a good deal. :o
Are you trying to setting a price for the cartridge this early? 500 bucks? blow_top , are you ok? 500 bucks for game is too much.

I plan to buy it but not at that price.

The price must be between the 300 and 350, otherwise it will be a lot of stock at their warehouses.

Keep in mind that at the end of the year the PS2 & Xbox versions will be release.

<small>[ June 09, 2003, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: hanzo x ]</small>

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
hanzo x:
Amix:
Are you trying to setting a price for the cartridge this early? 500 bucks? blow_top , are you ok? 500 bucks for game is too much.

I plan to buy it but not at that price.

The price must be between the 300 and 350, otherwise it will be a lot of stock at their warehouses.

Keep in mind that at the end of the year the PS2 & Xbox versions will be release.
I'm talking about the MVS version, which usually debuts at a little over a grand, and drops rapidly. I just have a feeling it may hover at the 500 mark for a bit. And I don't want to play Chaos on my Xbox, I want it on my cab :cool: