Insert faked??

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Like I said in and earlier post that I did indeed receive my english Gowcaizer, (yesterday) but something just is not right about it.
No ngf logo's anywhere but the insert looks almost copied to and extent, I am aware that orpheus got ahold of 5.
My case does not have and shiny appearance,
the insert also looks a tad on the strange, maybe it was technos. Just wanted to know if anyone else here has issues with the Gowcaizer they got.
Thing is the insert looks less then normal I cant put my finger on it but something is not right about it.....

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Be careful what you buy.
Lately my luck has not been the greatest in the deals dept.

Neo Fan

King's Dry Cleaner
If I were you, I would pull out the insert and compare it to a known original. I scoured my collection and found three faked inserts. They were high quality copies, but they were copies. I noticed when I bought a duplicate cart for trading, and when placed next to the game in my collection, I noticed the colors were off. When I pulled out the insert, I could tell it was a fake. The fake sat on my shelf for a couple years and I never even knew it. Then I looked at my entire collection, and found two more copies. Needless to say that sucks. I don't even remember who I bought them from.

Wolf

Collectasaurus,
20 Year Member
Uh, oh. Now you have me worried about my Gowcaizer.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I would like orpheus ICQ we need to take action, this is retarded, and someone has finally succeded in pissing me off.
Orph is going to be pissed. I will see if I can arrange something.
Legal action is looking very nice about now.
Telegames screwed me, and you can tell if its fake look at the meg count it has a tiny little white outering thats dead proof. NONE of my other carts have it. Me and ORPH definately need to arrange something....

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I'm telling ya you guys need to start popping open those Gowcaizer carts!! I get pretty suspicious when I see 'NEW' carts popping up all of the sudden!! Maybe Telegames needed the time to have the cart converted and this is why it took them so damn long to give you your game!!
POP open the cart...there may be more than a FAKE INSERT.
-BB

[ May 23, 2001: Message edited by: BIG BEAR ]

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Originally posted by BIG BEAR:
<STRONG>I'm telling ya you guys need to start popping open those Gowcaizer carts!! I get pretty suspicious when I see 'NEW' carts popping up all of the sudden!! Maybe Telegames needed the time to have the cart converted and this is why it took them so damn long to give you your game!!
-BB

[ May 23, 2001: Message edited by: BIG BEAR ]</STRONG>

Lately, I feel its impossible to get things done right.
Shawn is the only trustworthy source I have left..

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Wolf:
<STRONG>Uh, oh. Now you have me worried about my Gowcaizer.</STRONG>

Check them, check them well!
Did your case look very unshiny we cant let this go!
Give me the exact run down of your insert, usually when you have to question something its fake.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
sounds like a kinkos job to me..
good but not factory quality...
too bad their on the other side of
the pond...

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Originally posted by BIG BEAR:
<STRONG>I'm telling ya you guys need to start popping open those Gowcaizer carts!! I get pretty suspicious when I see 'NEW' carts popping up all of the sudden!! Maybe Telegames needed the time to have the cart converted and this is why it took them so damn long to give you your game!!
-BB

[ May 23, 2001: Message edited by: BIG BEAR ]</STRONG>

How do I get it open.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
You have to be very careful and 'HOT'blow dry that damn sticker off ,then you have to unlock the cart or unhinge it from the sides in order to crack that bastard open...
I have'nt done it in a long time but you have to be 'VERY CAREFUL' with that sticker.After you take that off,grab the cart by it's sides and use minimal force to adjust them to unhinge......
-BB

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
MVS only is looking real good right about now.....

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Yeah.. just move that sticker enough to uncover the opening distiguishing both halves of the cart...It's not that bad....Just be careful...
-BB

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
well this is not good.
wolfgang I am sorry to hear about this. I actualy took one of the inserts out of the case from one of the 5 copies I got and compared it to 3 other real snk inserts
(sam sho1, sam sho4, and kof 97) and the inserts I had were definitely real. apon inspecting the carts I saw that they were definite SNK products as well. my copies were $350 from telegames so I dont see how these could be conversions although if I find any proof to make me think otherwise I will nail thoise bastards to the wall!
I have ALL of the paper work on that purchase since it was done with A credit card by fax. so I will have them by the balls. the other thing that assured me was the cases temselves witch actualy were just like yours. there was no slack so I thought they looked nicer, but there were A few faint scratches on the clasp and the corners just like the new old stock NCS got. hell, my new sam sho cart that I got from NCS had A bulge on the spine of the case, but thats what happens to games that have been stored for years.
anyway, if you find any more things wrong with you cart LWK Email me and we can talk about this. I still think the way those bastards dealt with you is disgusting.

[ May 23, 2001: Message edited by: ORPHEUS ]

Pichai

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Now if these carts are conversion. Couldn't you just open them up and see wires going from one board to the other board?

-Pichai

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
YES, go MVS before the "collectors" and "fans" move to the MVS market to jack prices up when they have finished with the AES.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I rely on a hot mail account now
lord_wolfgang_krauser@hotmail.com

rstreck

Armored Scrum Object
LWK, i'm sorry to hear about your Gowcaizer. The one I received from Telegames was definatly real. I could tell because I compared it to my other US Gowcaizer that I got before the whole converting cart issure ever came up. The one I got from Telegames although brand new, had definately been sitting around awhile. The isert did have some minor wear on top due to the age. My guess is that if Telegames faked the insert, it would be in pristine condition not slightly worn. I am somewhat of an expert on these carts. If you email me some hi rez scans of your insert, I may be able to determine if it is authentic or not.

Ryan

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Originally posted by rstreck:
<STRONG>LWK, i'm sorry to hear about your Gowcaizer. The one I received from Telegames was definatly real. I could tell because I compared it to my other US Gowcaizer that I got before the whole converting cart issure ever came up. The one I got from Telegames although brand new, had definately been sitting around awhile. The isert did have some minor wear on top due to the age. My guess is that if Telegames faked the insert, it would be in pristine condition not slightly worn. I am somewhat of an expert on these carts. If you email me some hi rez scans of your insert, I may be able to determine if it is authentic or not.

Ryan</STRONG>

Do you have icq if not I will email you a couple scans or post them publicly to get a all around opinion.

rstreck

Armored Scrum Object
Originally posted by Lord Wolfgang Krauser:
<STRONG>Do you have icq if not I will email you a couple scans or post them publicly to get a all around opinion.</STRONG>

Sorry, I don't have an ICQ account. You can email them to me at rstreck@udel.edu or just post them here so everyone can give their feedback.

Also, don't worry about the case not being shiney. SNK just used a different material for the plastic covering back then. It had very little slack and had kind of a weird smooth feeling to it. I have other carts from the same era (ie. Sam Sho 3) that have this same plastic covering. I'm glad SNK stopped using it because besides being "dull" in appearence, that kind of covering also seemed to be very easily scuffed.

Ryan