KOF 2002 Plus - Is that a new hack?

Nomax

Kula's Candy
During the raid of Playmore/SNK USA at Dax Technology on april 15, 2003 many Neo Geo carts were seized. In the list of seized items (which can be found at <a href="http://www.snkplaymore.jp/info/img/prelim.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.snkplaymore.jp/info/img/prelim.pdf</a> ) you can see that among classic KOF 2002 carts, 7 carts of "King of Fighters 2002 Plus" were seized. spock
What's that? Is it another hack (like the "Crounched Tiger Hidden Dragon" thing) or what? Does anyone knows about it?

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
HAHA, maybe its a version of 2002 with Eiji and King :D

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
yes, there are Plus versions of most recent KOF games. Usually they unlock the bosses for play and change around a few things. The carts are pretty neat, they use normal KOF carts with a tiny chip soldiered to the board. This, evidentally, enables the hack, I've seen 99 and 2000 Plus with my own eyes, not a lot to get excited over, but interesting none the less,

-Nick

Nomax

Kula's Candy
Ah ok... I've seen a french arcade distributor that sells KOF'02 @ 418,60 € and KOF'02 Plus @ 490,36. So it's the first time I see a hack more expensive than is original counterpart! smirk

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I've seen a 2k1 hack allowing Igniz and Zero playable. The game gets really screwey though and your oponents teams are really goofed up. still fun to play none the less

Nomax

Kula's Candy
I've seen Metal Slug 4 Plus today in the catalog of another french e-shop with one more character and a new weapon. Seems it's "plus" time for hackers...

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
My cousin has arcades in Mexico. Recently in my dad's restaurant he brought kof 2k2plus. kusanagi, and rugal are unlockable, I believe the price is lower. I would need to ask him for further details, i haven't seen him in a long time.

Megatron X

X nortageM,
nruva:
yes, there are Plus versions of most recent KOF games. Usually they unlock the bosses for play and change around a few things. The carts are pretty neat, they use normal KOF carts with a tiny chip soldiered to the board. This, evidentally, enables the hack, I've seen 99 and 2000 Plus with my own eyes, not a lot to get excited over, but interesting none the less,

-Nick
Wait, in the 2000 Plus you can pick Zero? What else?