SvC - AES cover

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
I'm bettin the poster you can see on top of the video in <a href="http://www.planetps2.com/mmcafe/pics03/030607_1148~001.jpg" target="_blank">THIS</a> image will be the cover.

The format, the characters portrayed, the illustation style would fit just perfectly.

Moreover, official loketest oster have been ported into AES cover for both KOF2001 and KOF2002. And SvC is 'art-wise' done just by the very same team (hence a pattern?).

Only my impression though...

<small>[ June 07, 2003, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Shito ]</small>

Hun

Morden's Lackey
"SNK vs Capcom:Chaos"
"Not a Match. Struggle!!"
That's a great phrase, I'm having it as my sig(the quote I mean, not the entire poster) except I'll modify it a bit into

"It is NOT a Match. It is a Struggle!!"

Fist Of Legend

Kula's Candy
here's a larger and better looking picture of the poster ! wink

<a href="http://neo-arcadia.emu-france.com/imagesnews/betatestsvc/posterbig.jpg" target="_blank">http://neo-arcadia.emu-france.com/imagesnews/betatestsvc/posterbig.jpg</a>

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
i dunno whether that would be the cover, considering it says "ROCKET TEST" on the top of the poster...

that would be fuckin cool though...

SN K'

Armored Scrum Object
Looks pretty good, considering Ryu looks like he's made out of plastic :p

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
That dose'nt reflect the in game art to me.....well from what i have seen.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It almost looks like they are about to kiss. Almost.

Not a Match. Homos

Sounds better.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
NeoGML:
i dunno whether that would be the cover, considering it says "ROCKET TEST" on the top of the poster...

that would be fuckin cool though...
Of course in the cover that tag would be removed... pretty much as usual.

Retaliator

Armored Scrum Object
That art looks like shit to me - especially Kyo who seems to be a 14-year-old in it lol

The better DO NOT use that art for AES cover or I will think about not ordering it eek_2

But seriously, I don`t like that art.

Nomax

Kula's Candy
It looks to have a bit the same design as Capcom vs SNK cover but this one is really much better!

striderpunk

Member # 6311,
It almost looks like they are about to kiss. Almost.

Not a Match. Homos

Sounds better.
very true

or the caption should say

SNK vs Capcon : intercourse lol

ThePunisher

SouthTown StreetSweeper
eeww I dont like that art at all. The colorscheme is crap to much red and orange and the art itself makes ryu and kyo look like underage hentai stars.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Retaliator:
That art looks like shit to me - especially Kyo who seems to be a 14-year-old in it lol

The better DO NOT use that art for AES cover or I will think about not ordering it eek_2

But seriously, I don`t like that art.
Well, Ryu is the old experienced fighter. Kyo is the young cool kid with lots of talent :p

CHRiZ-77

Gal Ageise's Demon
Hun:
"Not a Match. Struggle!!"
That's a great phrase, I'm having it as my sig(the quote I mean, not the entire poster) except I'll modify it a bit into

"It is NOT a Match. It is a Struggle!!"
WELL DONE!!! drool_2

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I think the posters alright.
it looks like the ingame art but it doesnt
really reflect the drawn art made for the game
imo though.
not to bad though.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
It's anything but boring!! Very unique and SNK stylish..now if Playmore can just redraw all the recycled KOF sprites we're good to go! :)
-BB

<small>[ June 09, 2003, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: BIG BEAR ]</small>

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
I actually like the art in the pics of the characters as they were announced.

As far as that poster being the cover art, I think that they can do MUCH better.

If they were to pick only two characters to square off against each other, the choice of those two is pretty weak.

Just my thoughts.

cgun

Fio's Quartermaster
Gahhh, what is this?

I think playmore has been listening to the main audience on this board and that´s the reason for cartoon/manga-styled art.

What is the name of the artist who draws all the illustrations? I think they all look badass and the art is truly unique, just as with KOF 01 and 02 which i love as well.

The ingame art however looks like something from cartoon network. I think it is the KOF EX artist who makes that art. He made it KOF 02 and i can´t stand those win portraits. Makes me think of a pissy childrens show.

Let´s pray we get a somewhat more hardcore cover art then that poster.

I don't like it either. Its almost too colorful, Ryu is bigger than Kyo (I Have a problem with a Capcom character taking more real estate than an SNK character), and Kyo looks too young. Plus the whole struggle thing... seems like your typical bad Engrish.

AssassinStrike

Armored Scrum Object
a struggle against the capcomism fanboyism hiresim OPPRESSION and grooverism?

that groove crap was almost as bad as terrorism in fighting games

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
It's not like it would be the worst cover in the world. Matter of fact, thanks to Mega Man on the NES no game would have to worry about getting slapped with that title. But personally, I would like to see either Shinkiro get hired back for the cover, or get it contracted out to Andy Seto for some gorgeous HK art. Other than these two guys, I'm not all that happy with any other portrayal of SNK fighters.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
I will never understand this obsession with covers...either way that art isn't very favorable or interesting. It would be better if it had more than just Kyo and Ryu.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
there better be a good cover.
Since the origional SNK collapsed we have been fed mostly shite.

Look at the inserts back in 99, like slug 3, MOTW and KOF 99. And than look at some of the shit since like Sengoku 3, KOF2001 and 2002.

But Slug 4 werent bad and neither was ROTD. But martrimilee, man it looks so embarrasing those little girls WTF this isnt the my little pony demographic, we;re supposed to be hardcore and violent gamers