Day 2 beta test shots

Fuchikoma

n00b
By now I'm sure a lot of people are wondering why there aren't any new shots at the uploader bbs today. Well if you've noticed the amount of garbage posted there, then you should realize it's been abandoned. Anyway if you're interested in new shots, including a large shot of the select screen, go <a href="http://www.h5.dion.ne.jp/~oke/rage_page/svc/locationtest_svc_3.html" target="_blank">here</a>

dredgulus

Crazed MVS Addict
I cannot wait for this game. I am also curious about the combo engine. But, being able to cancel the groundstep into a special and super, seems like a way to make longer combos to me. I am waiting to see Terry's Rising Beat.

I guess that it will have the KoF like pseudo combos and no real string combo engine like the RBFFs or Ninja Masters.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
the_move:
I guess that it will have the KoF like pseudo combos and no real string combo engine like the RBFFs or Ninja Masters.
hahahaha

dredgulus

Crazed MVS Addict
I disagree with that, about no real string combos. I see it being able to string together combos. I will use Ryu as example: Jump in Hard kick, crouching punchx2, crouching hard punch, hadouken> groundstep> shinkuu hadouken. Plus character can use Max mode combos from KoF 2002. Think of the possibilities.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
slerch666:
24 characters. I guess people can stop speculating now...
well, playmore talked about Secret characters... there's space for another column in the center of the select screen.

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
dredgulus:
I disagree with that, about no real string combos. I see it being able to string together combos. I will use Ryu as example: Jump in Hard kick, crouching punchx2, crouching hard punch, hadouken> groundstep> shinkuu hadouken. Plus character can use Max mode combos from KoF 2002. Think of the possibilities.
Where does it say you can do ground step within a combo, are you certain about this technique.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
the engine doesnt seem to make this possible..

ground step is just a dash you can cancel out of OR into from a block but not into from a move...

the game also has a bc style system when the bar gets to 3rd level..

dredgulus

Crazed MVS Addict
If you watched the E3 vid, you will see Ryu dash after the fireball. From what was said about the the groundstep, you dash and cancel out of it into almost anything. It is not used just for guard canceling.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
If you watched the E3 vid, you will see Ryu dash after the fireball. From what was said about the the groundstep, you dash and cancel out of it into almost anything. It is not used just for guard canceling.
i have watched the vid and did just again.. didnt see what you are talking about and after watching the game for 7 hours yesterday and 1 today never saw one instance of it during play nor when i read the instructions did i see it mentioned at all..

what exact second does it happen in the e3 vid??

1:18 - 1:34 is ryu vs kyo...

dredgulus:
Jump in Hard kick, crouching punchx2, crouching hard punch, hadouken> groundstep> shinkuu hadouken.
This is not a string combo, but a row of the typical punch and kick repertoire.

I am speaking of those combo, where the chars make unique punches and kicks, which can only performed in a certain combo.

El_Duque

Andy's Clothess,
Aside of Poison, Bao seems to come out in Hugo's pre-fight demo and victory pose for some reason.
spock

Demitri has his Midnight pleasure. Meaning that, he can turn male opponents into girls
uh oh....kyo=kyoko

<small>[ June 07, 2003, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: El_Duque ]</small>

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Well, based on the games hardware and age, this is truly an amazing accomplishment. It looks really good, and lets face it, every game has it's flaws... It still seems to be a SOLID fighting game. With all the hype, all the waiting, this game is sure to let down some, but... I truly think this will be one of the best Neo Geo games in recent years... and... could we see a new all time fan favorite!?

The real reviews and thoughts aren't going to come around until it is released. I am glad we are getting these location test reports, but honestly... anyone who condems the game at this stage is jumping the gun in my opinion. It won't be until serious time is put into it that we know if the systems are indeed broken, or just new and not something we are use to. I am excited to play this one...

-Nick

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm SOLD. I'll be buying this one.

Solidus Snake

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I think the character selection screen may pull a Tekken 2. When you select characters. The space shows the sprite for your fighter. The extra characters could probably be off screen.

seba_boi

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Yeah... I haven't seen Guile either.... (considering he has big hair according to mmcafe)

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
release dates! I want release dates!!! loco loco loco