Did anybody went to MMCafe?(Don't know if anybody know this yet)

Hun

Morden's Lackey
It has a report on the beta test of SNK vs Capcom Chaos. And here's the link: <a href="http://www.planetps2.com/mmcafe/news_06-06-03.html" target="_blank">http://www.planetps2.com/mmcafe/news_06-06-03.html</a>

seba_boi

Terry Bogard's Taylor
mmcafe has got pretty negative reviews of the game... I guess they're being honest and all...

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I'm taking the reviews there with a grain of salt. The special effects upon getting hit or guarding seemed like the stuff we were used to seeing in KOF, but perhaps a little bit prettier, it probably will look bad if they must compare it to Street Fighter III or CvS 2 or Guilty Gear XX.

And the way they describe guard cancel front dash it's like they don't know what a guard cancel roll forward is, if you are frozen for a few seconds as the person does guard cancel front dash of course you can't do anything, that's the point.

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
What mmcafe mean is this, you block attack, then press ff to cancel, then when you are cancelling you can do specials or supers instead of having to wait for you character to finish his/her cancel dash. Sounds ok, but at least we can dash forward & cancel into anything at anygiven time. Instead of having to complete the dash before we can do anything else.

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
I don't know what would make you think that was a review, but those impressions seem pretty straight-ahead, more or less what I would expect. Like it says in the disclaimer, keep in mind that it's a beta-test version, not the final game.

I am surprised by Demitri and Goenitz, though. Pretty weird choices. I hope they're playable.

The dash cancel sounds like the same thing as SS4. Interesting, though I hope they don't wind up being as overpowered in the final game as that update describes them to be.

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
the_colonel:
What mmcafe mean is this, you block attack, then press ff to cancel, then when you are cancelling you can do specials or supers instead of having to wait for you character to finish his/her cancel dash. Sounds ok, but at least we can dash forward & cancel into anything at anygiven time. Instead of having to complete the dash before we can do anything else.
This sounds like it may present a problem but it ill make the game extremely aggressive imo (which is a good thing since that how I play).

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Diavle18:
the_colonel:
This sounds like it may present a problem but it ill make the game extremely aggressive imo (which is a good thing since that how I play).
Blatantly, i couldnt give a shit about tactics or whatever "hardcore gemerz" wank, just jump kick in, crouch sweep, jab, jab, beat the shit out of them

Neo Rave

n00b
They have some negative impressions, but as we all know it's just a Beta Test. Hopefully, everything that is wrong with it will be fixed. Hugo won't be a punching bag any longer and Kim wont be so damm overpowered.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
that site takes an age to load up and its a hard to read hard to find info people tell U about mess.

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
Adding a hop attack or low jump would take out the rush attacks & throwers, i mean, if some one rushes, what do we do...
A/. Jump a mile into the air, they can dash behind you & combo you.

B/. They can jump kick us while we jump.

C/. If we super jump over there heads they can throw a projectile so we land on it.

D/. What good are jumps gonna be in this game?

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
bump

( taken from mmcafe )

The game apparently runs on a new NeoGeo hardware. This report comes from arcade operator site Alpha Station. (I have no idea if that means a new system aside from the MVS, or an upgrade to the cartridge. It does explain however, the reports coming in that the game is doing graphical effects that have never been seen in past MVS titles. -H.Moriarty)

- The game's primary attacks are 4 button NeoGeo style, and not 6-button capcom style (A&C for the weak and feirce punches, B&D for the weak and feirce kicks). Some middle attacks for Capcom characters seem to be available with a controller direction + button (ie: downback+ D).

- The pre-fight phrase the comes on the screen before each round are "Play in Real Earnest" for Round 1, and "You can't escape" in Round 2.

- Guard cancel attacks do no damage.

- There is no short hop like in KOF. Only normal jump and high jump.

- Roulette select only picks a random character in the start. It doesn't change the character in every stage like KOF.

- KO'ing the opponent with tick damage will make them fall to their knees like in SF3 and CvS.

- Executing supers during the MAX mode eat a small chunck of the meter, and not a full stock.

- Finsihing the round being MAXed up will make the player return back to 2 stocks in the next round.

- The announcer voices for the rounds seem to be the same from CvS2.

- Missing out on a normal throw drains a small amount of the Power meter. Also, throws can be escaped.

- Right now, the Shoto characters are ruling the game. The big characters, on the other hand, are at the bottom of the game balance. Hugo can't do anything if he ends up end to end across the screen with an opponent who has a projectile. Earthquake can get out of those sticky situations by using his moves. Since the game has no roll, it seems to be hard to get out of corner traps.

- Graphics wise, the game is very unorganized and while the sprites may look good, the beta tester's reactions have not been all positive. The characters are way too different from each other when it comes to size; in example, Genjuro's sprites seem to be a rip directly from Samurai Shodown 4, which ends up making him wider than the rest of the cast in the game. Some of the Capcom characters changes sizes when they do moves, turning bigger or smaller or growing longer arms/legs than they usually look.

- The CPU is old-style SNK: they're strong since they have instant reaction towards the player's moves.

- The guard cancel ground step is abusive as first thought due to being totally invincible and cancelable at any time. The one point which makes it less abusive is that it doesn't advance too much.

- Chunli's spinning bird kick penetrates through the opponent.

- Guile- Button input isn't required immediately after doing Back > Foward for a Sonic boom. He can walk for a very breif moment before executing it.

- Goenitz- His Yonokaze (annoying hurricane attack from 96') does not knock down opponents if they get hit on the ground. It erases super projectiles such as Haoh shoukoukens. He seems to be as strong as his KOF96' self, and most people were losing when they ended up facing him. He has a new move that is similar to Mature's Death Claws. In his Yaotome super, he attacks 4 times, slashes the opponent in a cross, does one Yonokaze to lift the opponent and another to thrust them down. His throw super is avoidable after the screen goes black. He does his bow pose afterwards if it goes in.

- Dan- Has a haou-shoukouken-like move and also a move similar to Ryo's QCFx2+P super punch. His Shoukouken wannabe move does not fly forward. His Ryo super punch wannabe has a guard point while he executes it, but he has a hideous recovery lag after he executes it since he rubs his wrists from the pain. Both moves come out extremely slow. He also has his taunt super which ends up filling the Meter to Max if completed.

- Vega(M.Bison) is kind of small. His hover kick seems to come out slow.

- Riot Iori- He has a throw where he does the finishing move of his Yaotome. Possibly a command move.

- Dark Ken- In his Shippu Jinraikyaku, he does his usual kicks, then three Shoryukens and a Shinryuuken. He also has a combo super, where a skull resembling one from the Orochi members of the KOF series comes out at the end.

- Ryu's DownBack + D does his crouching middle kick. His Super hurricane kick can be used as an anti-air.

- Iori's Scum Gale from a guard cancel ground step is abusive.

- Ken he is easy to use and strong, likewise to Ryu. Both Ryu and Ken can combo from a crouching B into a crouching A, and then a special or a super. Their hurricane kicks can't be countered after a guard.His Shinryuken is a perfect anti-air.

- Guile has a multi-hitting Somoursault super, where he finishes off by hitting the opponent to the ground.

- Ryo has a guard point in his weak Zanretsuken (thousand punches). Iori has one in his Saku Tsumagushi (QCFx2+K move from OF series).

- Bison(Balrog)'s punches seem to have less range than the SF series. He can float the opponent with his Wild Smash move (Hold down, up+ punch), and juggle them into another special.T

- Tabasa- A projectile based character. She has an unknown super where she throws the opponent and puts a cat mark above them. She can juggle the opponent after her throw super (Meteor Fall).

- Demitri is about the same heigth as Sagat. Has a grey aura around himself.

- Geese may or may not be in the game. Only one tester has reported seeing him thus far.

- Mai seems like her voices may have finally been redone.

hmmm

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Fran:
bump

- Right now, the Shoto characters are ruling the game. The big characters, on the other hand, are at the bottom of the game balance. Hugo can't do anything if he ends up end to end across the screen with an opponent who has a projectile. Earthquake can get out of those sticky situations by using his moves. Since the game has no roll, it seems to be hard to get out of corner traps.

- Graphics wise, the game is very unorganized and while the sprites may look good, the beta tester's reactions have not been all positive. The characters are way too different from each other when it comes to size; in example, Genjuro's sprites seem to be a rip directly from Samurai Shodown 4, which ends up making him wider than the rest of the cast in the game. Some of the Capcom characters changes sizes when they do moves, turning bigger or smaller or growing longer arms/legs than they usually look.
This stuff really scares me, i mean really scares me this could be the total downfall of the whole game!! crying

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
- Dark Ken- In his Shippu Jinraikyaku, he does his usual kicks, then three Shoryukens and a Shinryuuken. He also has a combo super, where a skull resembling one from the Orochi members of the KOF series comes out at the end.
O
M
F
G

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
that was pretty EVIDENT since that e3 video where ryo was fighting ken

it has always been that way in fighting games,
we're just too anal now

i still remember when i first saw SSF
cammy or fei long were way too much different from the guys and girls off sf2

and what about the new command moves or specials they added in SSFX?

honda was like a totally different sprite when performing his new throw

and same goes for chun li and his new move

guile

ryu

etc etc

that does not worry me

i mean even in kof
2001 or 2002
terry vs kula
joe vs angel

they have nothing in common
but we still play the game...

underpwered big guys issue:
earthquake,i do not care
hugo,i'm glad he's in only because i adore poison / roxy

but frankly,who cares?

there isnt a total bad ass grappler in SVCC anyway...

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Mind you could Hugo get anywhere near Ryu in 3rd Strike? could he fuck!! buttrock

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Fran:
bump

( taken from mmcafe )

The game apparently runs on a new NeoGeo hardware. This report comes from arcade operator site Alpha Station. (I have no idea if that means a new system aside from the MVS, or an upgrade to the cartridge. It does explain however, the reports coming in that the game is doing graphical effects that have never been seen in past MVS titles. -H.Moriarty)
Definitely a new cartridge technology. Too many MVS powered cabinets to ignore. I wonder what the specific added features in this chip are, and how it will effect price when released on HC.