Matrimelee AES - bugged?

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Some Japanese insider websites report the latest AES release of 'Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku Toukon ~Matrimelee~' to be bugged by some 'force freeze and auto reset glitch'.

I've tried myself with both the two copies I own, and I actually managed to get a software reset. Only in select screen, and only mashing like a wrestler on both sticks, but I got it twice. Only on one of my two carts.

Most probably, this may also due to of unperfect inserting of the carts (usually cause of any cand of flaws in Neo cart running). In fact, after re-inserting the cart, I never got the problem to occur again (even if I've been mashing and mashing on select screen with the intetional purpose of causing the glitch).

Some friends of mine report the same glith (software auto reset from select screen) occuring randomly and more spontaneusly/often.

Never experience a screen freezing case though, nor a reset during actual game.

It's uncertain if this minor flaw afflict ALL the copies of the game, but at this rate seems most probable (being a software problem, most probalby NOT a soldering/physical problem in the boards).

Well, just to let you all know about it.

Sahring of others' experience on the matter would be highly appreciated.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
I have the same problem... I posted about it in another thread... but then I noticed that nruva replied with this:

nruva:
The sound problems, graphical glitches, and resets are all common of a contact problem. These carts may have a slight film on the contact pins. Go get a high grade contact cleaner or Alcohol and clean the contact pins. I have seen this problem on many new MVS carts, and eventually this wears off on its own, but a good cleaning will fix the problem. It is atleast worth a try. Like I said, I have had new MVS kits that did the exact same thing, a cleaning later and they were fine,

-Nick

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Read my response in the impressions thread. This just sounds like there is a film or something on the carts, which would explain why reseating helps. I have had MVS carts do the same thing, and they were new games! Clean the contact pins, this problem is most likely due to a bad connection,

-Nick

{edit... there's my post} wink

<small>[ June 05, 2003, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: nruva ]</small>

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
I think nruva is right.

If fact, if it were a soft glitch, it's totally impossible some copies do be 'more bugged' then other: same game, same code.

if it were a 'soldering problem' of chips, it's also impossible to be present in so many copies of the same game (un-statistical).

Thus, I agree with nruva.

Anyway, enjoy this great game!

bloodhokuto

&#1052;&#1077;&#1085;&#1103; &#1079;&#1086;&#1074;
15 Year Member
Shito:
Some Japanese insider websites report the latest AES release of 'Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku Toukon ~Matrimelee~' to be bugged by some 'force freeze and auto reset glitch'.

I've tried myself with both the two copies I own, and I actually managed to get a software reset. Only in select screen, and only mashing like a wrestler on both sticks, but I got it twice. Only on one of my two carts.

Most probably, this may also due to of unperfect inserting of the carts (usually cause of any cand of flaws in Neo cart running). In fact, after re-inserting the cart, I never got the problem to occur again (even if I've been mashing and mashing on select screen with the intetional purpose of causing the glitch).

Some friends of mine report the same glith (software auto reset from select screen) occuring randomly and more spontaneusly/often.

It's uncertain if this minor flaw afflict ALL the copies of the game, but at this rate seems most probable (being a software problem, most probalby NOT a soldering/physical problem in the boards).

Actually I have had the re-set problem occur once - At the time i was practising in V's, then the thing re-set.

In addition i have noticed what looks like a very small amount of interference - almost as if i was using a hairdryer in a shared plug socket (which im not wink ). However this may be particular to my machine/cart/set-up.

I did make sure that my cart was broken-in etc.

Off the subject, my current Home Machine wink is not Jp and i am pretty gutted about the soundtrack.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
bloodhokuto:
Shito:

In addition i have noticed what looks like a very small amount of interference - almost as if i was using a hairdryer in a shared plug socket (which im not wink ). However this may be particular to my machine/cart/set-up.
Nope. All copies are that way. You're talking about Chinnen stage or Ume/Tane stage, right?

Like some 'one line pixel' interferences, right?

All copies are that way.

Jartravian

n00b
My copy of Matrimelee reset like crazy the first day I got it, but after cleaning the cart and re-inserting it a few times, the problem went away.

Metal Slug 3 and KoF 2000 did the same thing when I first received them.

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
Heck! my kof 01 never worked at all for the first 5 minutes, then after that it's been perfect ever since.

Every brand new NEO AES game i've ever bought (only a few) had problems like these. I'll bet its temporary.

You could always use a 400+ fine-grit sandpaper or such to gently sand away the anti-oxidation film they put on the contacts.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
interesting thread, as I have had the same problem with my Mat carts, on both of my systems.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I had the same problem with my US copy.
I was trying to input the code to play as the
ROTD characters and then the game resetted itself
automatically...It hasn't happen ever since though.

Thank You,

Jorge

Retaliator

Armored Scrum Object
No problems here with my 3 US + 1 jp carts although I just briefly tested 3 of them and hardcore played one.

Does this mean the bugged carts are RARE misprints? wink

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
well I have not experienced the software reset issue but I do have 1 NGH system that Matrimelee will not work on. This is the first time I have had that problem. It works fine on my other 2 NGH systems though.

I have tried reseating the game several times but no go, Even after playing it on the others. seems to be something a little different on the game either in actual board design or something else.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
bloodhokuto:
Off the subject, my current Home Machine wink is not Jp and i am pretty gutted about the soundtrack.
What did you mean by that? Is the soundtrack different in English mode? eek!

Kaz

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Kazuya_UK:
bloodhokuto:
What did you mean by that? Is the soundtrack different in English mode? eek!

Kaz
The Enkas that were in the Japanese version are gone in the English mode. Quite a bummer.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Sorry to drag this topic off thread but is this game any good? I never heard nothing about this since it's release because of all the SVC hype. So is this a winner or a stinker?

bloodhokuto

&#1052;&#1077;&#1085;&#1103; &#1079;&#1086;&#1074;
15 Year Member
annoyed annoyed annoyed annoyed

I have now had the re-set problem a total of 5 times this evening.

Each time this has only occurred during vs play when i have been practising.

The deal is it's usually a few games in, i finish a match(nb system set to no time-counter and 1 round with max power gauge, it's gets to the chracter select screen and for like 1 second then it re-sets the whole game.

Each time i have re-seated the cart and checked everything although after the last re-set i had at least 9 matches in vs and it didnt do it.

I havent had a problem in the main game proper and i guess that provided this doesn't occur mid game or vs CPU then i'll bear with it.

Hopefully everyone else's carts have stopped being naughty!

btw de-bug bios on it's way, stay tuned on how i mess up the instal wink

@ O-eddie. It is a sound game, i have played it a hell of a lot since i've had it. However if you dont have a particular soft-spot for the type of fighter it is and it's style (how can you not wink ), it would be harder to recommend than your staple KOF. That being said check the vids of the game if you havent already!!

<small>[ June 10, 2003, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: bloodhokuto ]</small>

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
OrochiEddie:
Sorry to drag this topic off thread but is this game any good? I never heard nothing about this since it's release because of all the SVC hype. So is this a winner or a stinker?
<a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=008902" target="_blank">http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=008902</a>

<a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=009013" target="_blank">http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=009013</a>

<a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=004936" target="_blank">http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=004936</a>