CPS-2 Shock first Neo Geo release

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
They just decrypted KOF 99. Lots of implications here, some good, some bad. Hopefully they'll stay away from the brand new SNK releases, I'm not sure KOF 99 and MOTW matter as much because betas are already available.

http://cps2shock.retrogames.com/

[ September 05, 2001: Message edited by: neojedi ]

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Wasn't KoF '99 dumped a loooooooong time ago? I've had that one for a while (and yes, I have the cart :P).

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Nope, the old version of the KOF 99 rom was a decrypted beta that someone was able to get ahold of. The finished version of KOF 99 was encrypted similar to KOF 2000, and a dump of KOF 99 would not have been playable until now.

Ditto for Garou, the existing dump doesn't even have endings.

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Originally posted by RyoGeo:
<STRONG>Wasn't KoF '99 dumped a loooooooong time ago? I've had that one for a while (and yes, I have the cart :P).</STRONG>

The earlier dumped version was a beta of the game, before it was placed on a 'protected' bordset.

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Yeah it does, just set it on home/console mode and the endings work just fine.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Interesting! I never knew that about KoF 99 being a beta. Any differences?

Rasa, if you play the MOTW ROM in home mode, it has endings? Didn't know that either.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Disclaimer: I still own MOTW MVS.

My rom of MOTW has endings. And for some reason, I can always reach Kain. I could never do that on my arcade unit.

Thermatron

n00b
First of all I find that MOTW's ROM endings only happen when in home mode, or the other way around.

And don't worry about them decrypting and realeasing ANY game ROM that's under a year old. It's their policy.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Thermatron:
<STRONG>First of all I find that MOTW's ROM endings only happen when in home mode, or the other way around.

And don't worry about them decrypting and realeasing ANY game ROM that's under a year old. It's their policy.</STRONG>

Yeah, but the thing with Razoola (The guy dumping KOF 99) is that before, his policy was not to dump anything released from 1998.... which he seems to have gone against. The only reason he's not dumping KOF 2000 is because the Neo-0 team are working on it.