SVC Chaos Loke Test

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
ok myself and member honeyman are going to the loke test tomorrow at neogeo land in esaka.

- loke test means location test btw.
- i have no camera, phone or otherwise so i will not be trying to take pictures (sorry).
- honeyman apparently has a phone camera but i am quite sure that like previous loke tests the no camera rule will be strictly enforced so dont expect too much in the pictures department.
- however the mmcafe has connections that usually get it vids/pics from loke tests so try them out soon after tomorrow, they MAY have some pics and should definitely have detailed info from japanese guys who know well the intricacies of frames per moves and changes in priorities etc.
- i however will be going for a detailed report on "feel" that is the speed of the game, the power/ease of use of whichever characters i use, etc. i will also try to get info on supers, systems, available characters, bosses, etc.
- i plan to line up first prolly for the 1p line. it takes forever to get on and you then get to play the computer. after that i will maybe line up a couple of times for the vs machine line (usually takes an hour or so) and see if i can get the crowd to hold their breath as i take the guy with 50 wins to the last pixel on the third round (did this in 98 with kof :) )
- so yeah ill take a notepad and pen and prolly post my impressions on my site.....

NOTE : anyone in osaka tomorrow who is interested in coming with us either pm me or be at kinokuniya bookstore at umeda (in front of the right exit) at 10:30 tomorrow (friday the 6th)

?

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
beelzebubble:
ok myself and member honeyman are going to the loke test tomorrow at neogeo land in esaka.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

beelzebubble:

- i have no camera, phone or otherwise so i will not be trying to take pictures (sorry).
- honeyman apparently has a phone camera but i am quite sure that like previous loke tests the no camera rule will be strictly enforced so dont expect too much in the pictures department.
- however the mmcafe has connections that usually get it vids/pics from loke tests so try them out soon after tomorrow, they MAY have some pics and should definitely have detailed info from japanese guys who know well the intricacies of frames per moves and changes in priorities etc.
- i however will be going for a detailed report on "feel" that is the speed of the game, the power/ease of use of whichever characters i use, etc. i will also try to get info on supers, systems, available characters, bosses, etc.
- i plan to line up first prolly for the 1p line. it takes forever to get on and you then get to play the computer. after that i will maybe line up a couple of times for the vs machine line (usually takes an hour or so) and see if i can get the crowd to hold their breath as i take the guy with 50 wins to the last pixel on the third round (did this in 98 with kof :) )
- so yeah ill take a notepad and pen and prolly post my impressions on my site.....

NOTE : anyone in osaka tomorrow who is interested in coming with us either pm me or be at kinokuniya bookstore at umeda (in front of the right exit) at 10:30 tomorrow (friday the 6th)

?
Yeah, cool.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by beelzebubble:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sorry did that come across condescending did it?

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
I had no idea what 'loke test' meant until recently. There are probably quite a few members who don't (or didn't) know what it stood for either.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
yeah i get the impression that i rubbed rade the wrong way at some point.....

it is japanese english so i thought maybe it would be helpful to add that little bit of info.. again if i came across condescending sorry.

?

Cnidarian

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Sounds awesome, I can't wait to read the full scoop on the initial gameplay tommorrow...

Hope you can take some detailed notes about the first impressions...

Oh yeah, & have fun at the testing, I know there's plenty of people who wish they could be there too. :)

<small>[ June 04, 2003, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: Cnidarian ]</small>

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Ah lucky you :) Have fun tommorrow. I can't wait to hear what you think about the game.

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
Yeah, wish I was going too :( !

Oh wait, I am going :) ! Meesa happi boyee loco !

eight one

Igniz's Servent
tsukaesugi:
I had no idea what 'loke test' meant until recently. There are probably quite a few members who don't (or didn't) know what it stood for either.
The Japanese are all about 'acronyms'. Try to get someone to say "Personal computer". You'll hear "Pasocon" 95% of the time.

When the smoke clears (and the game hits Shibuya), I'll try to pull off some more video.

Enjoy the trip, fellas!

<small>[ June 05, 2003, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: eight one ]</small>

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Also, for those that check as I do, S-C.com is releasing some "exciting stuff" tomorrow, which seems like a bit too much of a coincidence. Might be worth a look to see if they have some shots of all the other chars that we have not seen sprites for as of yet.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
I can't wait to see more pics or clips of the game, someone please take a camera or a digital cam and take pics to share for all. :D

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
beelzebubble:
You are a cool guy, that for sure! buttrock

Enjoy the Roketesuto and let us know afterwards! wink

hanzo x

n00b
Good luck, have fun.

Well don't worry about the pictures, some major web sites (ign.com has a correspondant in Japan)and magazines will be there, so probably by Friday afternoon we will have some pics.

But for the reports, I will wait for yours, because your point of view it will be more valuable than any other site or magazine.

Take a lot of notes. glee

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Hope you guys have a good time. And take many many notes. These are the times when I hate being stuck in the U.S.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
i'll be there tomorow if i can get my private jet to take of from the bagdad airport. LOL

but seriously, try to find out if there are any secret characters (YAMAZAKI) in the game and if all the kof fighters are redrawn or if its just the old sprites. let us know how the gameplay is. if its anything like garou MOTW, or kof style. tell us about the supers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
beelzebubble
they will probably ask you 2000 - 3000 Y to get in

!

they should also give you a questioneer sheet on your way out

on the space dedicated to the "complaints"

please,write this for me

A D D E I J I Y O U B A S T A R D S

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
beelzebubble:

?
You're my new hero.

I expect a full report ASAP!!! :p

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
beelzebubble

!

loke tests have always been free... the questionnaires are also on a table if i recall correctly...

i went to the 98,99,00 and 01 loke tests for kof.. actually i might have gone to 02 with my girlfriend as well... cant remember..

they have two machines set up usually a double for vs and a single (on the sit down) for 1p games...

heaps of freaks come dressed in cos play as well.

a few serious looking dudes with glasses stand on a raised area watching everthing and taking notes... i was told they are the playtesters/programmers and they apparently use the loke tests for tweaking a nearly complete game...

they also usually have the game running on the tvs attached to the ceiling so you can watch it while you are waiting for your turn (which takes 1-2 hours depending on the 1p machine or vs).

?

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
Have fun and take a ton of mental notes! :)

'Cause chances are you're going to get the third degree in questions around here when you get back... :cool:

Neo Rave

n00b
I can't wait to see your notes beelzebubble. Have fun and play as Genjuro first. wink

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
beelzebubble:
beelzebubble

!

loke tests have always been free... the questionnaires are also on a table if i recall correctly...

i went to the 98,99,00 and 01 loke tests for kof.. actually i might have gone to 02 with my girlfriend as well... cant remember..

they have two machines set up usually a double for vs and a single (on the sit down) for 1p games...

heaps of freaks come dressed in cos play as well.

a few serious looking dudes with glasses stand on a raised area watching everthing and taking notes... i was told they are the playtesters/programmers and they apparently use the loke tests for tweaking a nearly complete game...

they also usually have the game running on the tvs attached to the ceiling so you can watch it while you are waiting for your turn (which takes 1-2 hours depending on the 1p machine or vs).

?
my friend went to NGL on the first day of that kof 2002 beta test

they asked him 3000 Y if i recall correctly

he told me about terry's infinite with the power charge

and i replied with a smile

"they wont fix it,they'll simply remove it"

!!!

i was right

who would have thought,eh

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
they asked him 3000 Y if i recall correctly
fuck i hope not.... every time i went it was free but i cant remember whether i ever went on the first day or not... 3000 that is crazy, shit i could grab a ss3 cart for that much :(

Have fun and take a ton of mental notes!
im taking a notepad and pen... im only gonna give a detailed opinion on things i feel fairly sure i can make a call on (feel, gameplay style, etc)... my ability to tell whether music is cool or sprites are new sucks so ill be real careful about that sorta shit :)

?