PDA

View Full Version : MS5 website open

TheBigBB
05-30-2003, 03:31 AM
This is posted on the front page of Neo-Geo.com, but I figured it ought to be on the forums as well since Metal Slug is the best.

<a href="http://www.snkneogeo.co.jp/official/ms5/ms5_top.html" target="_blank">http://www.snkneogeo.co.jp/official/ms5/ms5_top.html</a>

Anyone able to translate that story?

Oh and sorry, I just noticed that gozu+mezu made a thread with all the updates in it as well... So how about that story? :D

<small>[ May 30, 2003, 03:38 AM: Message edited by: dmhawkmoon ]</small>

MilkManX
05-30-2003, 09:26 AM
MS5 is looking awesome. I cant wait to see more.

Plisken
05-30-2003, 09:28 AM
lol 'tarmicle'

supergoose
05-30-2003, 10:07 AM
awesome artwork. thanks for posting the link.

corbo 2
05-30-2003, 10:13 AM
Looks good and nice artwork,this could be a winner :D

Vids ASAP for me please multi_co

TheBigBB
05-30-2003, 10:36 AM
I'm relieved I didn't get flamed for posting this again; I am glad that some people are like me and are 95% more likely to click on a thread that says "MS5" in its title as opposed to "Playmore update". :)

<small>[ May 30, 2003, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: dmhawkmoon ]</small>

Lou Gojira
05-30-2003, 10:53 AM
So can anybody translate what's on that page? It'd be nice to know what Marco, Eri, Fio, and Tarmicle tickled got in store for 'em.

beelzebubble
05-30-2003, 10:56 AM
itll take me an hour or so to get through all the kanji.... so ill try to get round to it tomorrow after work.

?

Lou Gojira
05-30-2003, 11:00 AM
That'd be cool beelzebubble, thanks in advance! :)

bokmeow
05-30-2003, 11:08 AM
Story:
During the peaceful period between conflicts and crisis around the world, for the sake of boosting the firepower of the special military unit Peregrine Falcons (Nicknamed PF team), development of the next generation Metal Slug was urgently pushed foward.

However, the SV development laboratory that was carrying out the development fell under the sudden attack of unknown forces, and the disc that contained secret data of the next generation Metal Slug being developed was forcibly seized. The disc contains the blueprints for the Metal Slug, and for the means of developing the next generation Metal Slug, data collected from the PF unit's previous battles as well as all the weapons from Morden's army. The loss of the disk means everything about the PF troop will be known by the opposition.

It's a paraphrase, you understand, but I'm working through it so you get a rough idea.

There is no question that the enemy will now be able to guess the battle plans and movements of the PF troops, as well as utilize the technology of The Slug to create powerful new weapons. But, that does not mean we can allow the enemy to have these next generation weapons passed on to them.

Before an effective battle plan was drawn up, Marco Roshi and Tarma Robingu of the PF troops received the order to recover the plans from headquarters.

On ther other hand, the special Intelligence division Sparrows members Eri Kasamoto and Fio Germi were investigating the movements of a special organization that was destroying historical ruins around the world, when [This part I couldn't translate because too many kanjis that I couldn't figure out, but it mentions some secret treasure that was discovered at the deepest part of the Anruun ruins.]

[Again, this part has too many kanjis that I can' figure out, but it mention that they were forced back by some unbelievably powerful firepower.] The thing that blocked the duo was a bizarre Metal Slug that was never seen before by the army, a bipedal mechanical transport that gave off a strange glow.

While they are two separate incidents, the Metal Slug is behind both and ties these seemingly unreleated incidents together into one.

PF troop and Sparrows have begun the search together, but collecting intelligence for an unknown organization that is their enemy is far from a smooth sailing. From an anonymous tipoff, they received intelligence regarding an abandoned building where the mysterious unknown organization is rumored to be active. [Kanjis that I cannot understand ensue, but it's a short sentence.]

Not only does the enemy control all the information about our heroes, exposure of the movements and battle activities of our army could lead to ruin and destruction, so it is with that urgency the headquarters handpicks a handful of the elites from PF and Sparrows in a daring battle strategy. The goal of the mission is to retrieve the disc with sensitive information and destroy the mysterious organization. Since there is little plans after the initial infiltration, the heroes are putting their faith on the intelligence from the front lines.

In the elite skills of Marco, Tarma, Eri, and Fio, rests the world's last hope as they strike back.

<small>[ May 30, 2003, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: bokmeow ]</small>

beelzebubble
05-30-2003, 11:17 AM
there ya go lou... bok will do it for you :)

Daisuke Jigen
05-30-2003, 11:30 AM
Fiolina Germi
Eri Kisamoto
Marchrius Dennis Rossi
Tarmicle Roving III

Lou Gojira
05-30-2003, 11:46 AM
bokmeow:
Story:
During the peaceful period between conflicts and crisis around the world, for the sake of boosting the firepower of the special military unit Peregrine Falcons (Nicknamed PF team), development of the next generation Metal Slug was urgently pushed foward.

However, the SV development laboratory that was carrying out the development fell under the sudden attack of unknown forces, and the disc that contained secret data of the next generation Metal Slug being developed was forcibly seized. The disc contains the blueprints for the Metal Slug, and for the means of developing the next generation Metal Slug, data collected from the PF unit's previous battles as well as all the weapons from Morden's army. The loss of the disk means everything about the PF troop will be known by the opposition.

It's a paraphrase, you understand, but I'm working through it so you get a rough idea.

There is no question that the enemy will now be able to guess the battle plans and movements of the PF troops, as well as utilize the technology of The Slug to create powerful new weapons. But, that does not mean we can allow the enemy to have these next generation weapons passed on to them.

Before an effective battle plan was drawn up, Marco Roshi and Tarma Robingu of the PF troops received the order to recover the plans from headquarters.

On ther other hand, the special Intelligence division Sparrows members Eri Kasamoto and Fio Germi were investigating the movements of a special organization that was destroying historical ruins around the world, when [This part I couldn't translate because too many kanjis that I couldn't figure out, but it mentions some secret treasure that was discovered at the deepest part of the Anruun ruins.]

[Again, this part has too many kanjis that I can' figure out, but it mention that they were forced back by some unbelievably powerful firepower.] Thanks bokmeow! Makes sense that you fight a giant Slug now. :) And with the mention of ruins, that's gonna open up a ton of possibilities. Just hope they realize them and utilize them as nicely as the whole mummy premise, and the alien premise.

I'm hoping against hope that the whole ruins thing doesn't lead into just rehasing the mummies. Mummies would be cool being in it maybe, but not the focal point of the ruins. I personally think it would kick ass if they found a colony of monsters underground, maybe buried there by the inhabitants of an ancient world because they were too dangerous to exist on the surface, and of course have bred and bred over the centuries into super killing beasts.

Okay, I'll stop daydreaming now... :rolleyes:

Still, can you imagine another huge organic boss, like the last alien in 3? Or what if the enemies use the giant eels and attack you more aggressively with them this time?

Ah, the possibilities. Can you tell I'm stoked over this game?! Can't wait! :D

Electroman
05-30-2003, 12:11 PM
I want a boss(es) that you can pick apart piece by piece. They are teh funnerest type!

Daisuke Jigen
05-30-2003, 12:18 PM
Lou Gojira:
Still, can you imagine another huge organic boss, like the last alien in 3? Or what if the enemies use the giant eels and attack you more aggressively with them this time?

Ah, the possibilities. Can you tell I'm stoked over this game?! Can't wait! :D I'd like to see some sort of giant eagle, or hawk.

CarlDMC
05-30-2003, 12:19 PM
It would be interesting if the giant Metal Slug in the end is like Metal Gear Rex.

TheBigBB
05-30-2003, 01:04 PM
Wow, bokmeow, I'm very grateful to you! I am very excited about this game!

bokmeow
05-30-2003, 01:24 PM
dmhawkmoon:
Wow, bokmeow, I'm very grateful to you! I am very excited about this game! You're welcome. I thank everyone who wants to know the story as well, since I was too lazy to translate it at first due to all the intimidating kanji, but knowing that other people are interested in the story as well I sat myself down to read it carefully.

My only regret is Metal Slug 5 won't be out in Japan when I'm there. I guess I'll have to be content with playing SNK Vs. Capcom Chaos instead. :D

Kid Aphex
05-30-2003, 01:29 PM
Just another thanks for that translation;
Hey...ruins?! Sounds great...if we can't get organic Bosses, maybe we'll see some monolithic stone-gears from ancient days?! I'm down for it.

OR maybe even a Moai/Easter Island head in a nod to Gradius :)

Frame Gride
05-30-2003, 01:36 PM
I gotta say that I love the character artwork.

TheBigBB
05-30-2003, 01:42 PM
Whoa Frame, I had to hit page down 3 times to get past your sig!

Frame Gride
05-30-2003, 01:50 PM
lol i can take some stuff out if it is too distracting.

General_Morden
05-30-2003, 04:37 PM
@bakmeow: Many thanks for the translation! buttrock

beelzebubble
05-30-2003, 06:01 PM
so bok, how long did it take you to do the whole thing?

?

Loopz
05-30-2003, 06:10 PM
I'll give props to what I've seen so far in Slug 5. All I ask for is some new things and some freshly scripted levels, and so far I like what I see. Make it great Playmore, and we'll forget all about that awful turd you passed off as MS4.

chris1
06-01-2003, 03:27 PM
Sweeet!

slerch666
06-01-2003, 07:41 PM
WOOHOO!! They brought back Eri!!! That's all I needed to see!

the_colonel
06-02-2003, 03:35 AM
Looks like we may have different missions for marco + tarma, as opposed to fio & eri. If they are on different routes, then that would be interesting.

chimpmeister
06-02-2003, 10:58 AM
Loopz:
I'll give props to what I've seen so far in Slug 5. All I ask for is some new things and some freshly scripted levels, and so far I like what I see. Make it great Playmore, and we'll forget all about that awful turd you passed off as MS4. You mean, YOU'LL forget. Quite a few people here like Slug 4 even while admitting it isn't up to the level of the previous Slug games. So you don't speak for everyone here. No problem expressing your opinion, just don't express it for me too. :)

Oh and Slug 5 looks to be coming along well, I'm really excited about it. Can't wait to see more screenshots showing levels, and I wonder if they'll introduce some actual new WEAPONS?!?! Would be cool to see! :)

Daisuke Jigen
06-02-2003, 11:02 AM
Terrorists steal Slug data.

Build ultimate Slug.

Mordens brain goes into Slug.

God spoke to me in a dream, and told me this was true.

Lou Gojira
06-02-2003, 11:15 AM
Oh and Slug 5 looks to be coming along well, I'm really excited about it. Can't wait to see more screenshots showing levels, and I wonder if they'll introduce some actual new WEAPONS?!?! Would be cool to see! I wouldn't be too surprised if the enemies come at you with your own weapons, going on the story of how the enemy steal's data. Can you picture a whole platoon of them lil' assholes with Laser Guns? Talk about challenging, you'd be running for cover more than doing anything.

I personally would like to see the Drop Shot and Iron Lizard go the way of the dodo and instead get something more effective. Perhaps Napalm, where it leaves traces of fire to catch enemies. Or Cluster Grenades, detonating across the entire screen once you throw it.

Oh well, just wait and see I guess. :cool:

chimpmeister
06-02-2003, 12:32 PM
Lou Gojira:

Oh and Slug 5 looks to be coming along well, I'm really excited about it. Can't wait to see more screenshots showing levels, and I wonder if they'll introduce some actual new WEAPONS?!?! Would be cool to see! I wouldn't be too surprised if the enemies come at you with your own weapons, going on the story of how the enemy steal's data. Can you picture a whole platoon of them lil' assholes with Laser Guns? Talk about challenging, you'd be running for cover more than doing anything.

I personally would like to see the Drop Shot and Iron Lizard go the way of the dodo and instead get something more effective. Perhaps Napalm, where it leaves traces of fire to catch enemies. Or Cluster Grenades, detonating across the entire screen once you throw it.

Oh well, just wait and see I guess. :cool: Those are great ideas. I also don't care for the Drop Shot and Iron Lizard, although the latter is funny to look at. The cluster grenade is a cool idea, reminds me of NAM75 with the frag grenades you get once in a while. Great idea! :)

Giga Power
06-02-2003, 12:37 PM
chimpmeister:

Lou Gojira:

Oh well, just wait and see I guess. :cool: Those are great ideas. I also don't care for the Drop Shot and Iron Lizard, although the latter is funny to look at. The cluster grenade is a cool idea, reminds me of NAM75 with the frag grenades you get once in a while. Great idea! :) The Drop Shot does need to go. It's only use is the Submarine section of the first stage of Metal Slug 3, other than that it's a waste of space.
However the Iron Lizard needs to stay. It's awesome.
I hope this game has a lot of new weapons/Slugs.
It also needs to incoporate the multi path element of Slug 3.

Lou Gojira
06-02-2003, 01:07 PM
The cluster grenade is a cool idea, reminds me of NAM75 with the frag grenades you get once in a while. Thanks. I was thinking of Nam '75 when I thought of it. :)

I hope this game has a lot of new weapons/Slugs.Same here. And also, I want to see the Mammoth Slug make a come back! Granted I haven't got to play Metal Slug 4, so he could be in there. But just getting to use him for the Ice Cave in 3 is sort of weak. I want to use him to stomp on enemies, and eat up batteries and peppers and waste 'em. Can you imagine both players getting a Mammoth Slug? Mass destruction to go around!

Just another idea. Can you picture a Shark Slug? Sort of like the Camel Slug, only underwater (of course), and pushing the C button makes him dash forward and eat soldiers or rip damage into Subs and things.

Hmmmm, maybe we oughta' start a thread on "What we'd like to see in Metal Slug 5". Hmmmmm......

Kid Aphex
06-02-2003, 02:38 PM
How about they include a "LOCK" button, to lock your aim? Slug is dying for this feature. I know a lot of hardcore Slug fans are going to hate the suggestion, but hoooohhhhhh wellllll.

neo_ezekiel
06-02-2003, 04:36 PM
wtf I CAN'T SEE IT

Gamefan
06-02-2003, 04:40 PM
I can't either. It say not found.

GAMEFAN

garou_d
06-02-2003, 04:41 PM
Kid Aphex:
How about they include a "LOCK" button, to lock your aim? Slug is dying for this feature. I know a lot of hardcore Slug fans are going to hate the suggestion, but hoooohhhhhh wellllll. indeed, I hate the suggestion... :D

bokmeow
06-02-2003, 05:16 PM
beelzebubble:
so bok, how long did it take you to do the whole thing?

? I wasn't really counting carefully, maybe 20 minutes to 30 minutes?

Lou Gojira
06-02-2003, 05:24 PM
Kid Aphex:
How about they include a "LOCK" button, to lock your aim? Slug is dying for this feature. I know a lot of hardcore Slug fans are going to hate the suggestion, but hoooohhhhhh wellllll. I could see this happening if you could pick up a scoped rifle, like the snipers or sharp shooter enemies have. Lock that shot and then fire-that would kick ass for bosses to exploit their weak points.

You know what might suck? We sit here and bat ideas around so much that when Metal Slug 5 arrives, we get disappointed that some of them don't get implemented! loco

Still, I think it's fun to see where the series could go, or where we'd like to see it go. While I'm here, I thought the other day how cool it would be to get a boss along the lines of Seven Force, from Gunstar Heroes. Can you imagine the transformations it could do and how cool it could look?

Either way, I'm happy as a pig in shit that the team from part 3 is handling this one. But I can't help but have a sneaking suspicion that they're trying to "end the Slug series properly" since a lot of people were disappointed with 4. Hope that little ounce of paranoia is wrong, they make a tiny mint on 5, and decide to keep going forward with it.

Atro
06-02-2003, 07:45 PM
Tarmicle Roving ... Hmm... Tarma's brotha ??

tickled

eye eye

beelzebubble
06-02-2003, 08:44 PM
I wasn't really counting carefully, maybe 20 minutes to 30 minutes?
so how many kanji you know (can you read chinese??) and what level do you put your japanese at (have you ever had a look at the 一級能力試験).

i'm interested in finding out about ppl's japanese being a student of the language myself.

my kanji is pretty low at around half the 常用 kanji (maybe around 1100-1200). i can read famitsu for example and could probably understand about 80-90% of the content if my kanji didnt limit me to reading about 60% of it.

?

bokmeow
06-03-2003, 01:08 PM
beelzebubble:

I wasn't really counting carefully, maybe 20 minutes to 30 minutes?
so how many kanji you know (can you read chinese??) and what level do you put your japanese at (have you ever had a look at the 一級能力試験).

i'm interested in finding out about ppl's japanese being a student of the language myself.

my kanji is pretty low at around half the 常用 kanji (maybe around 1100-1200). i can read famitsu for example and could probably understand about 80-90% of the content if my kanji didnt limit me to reading about 60% of it.

? I passed the 2nd level proficiency test with like 90% or 88%, it's been a while [took it in December, received results in March]. You will without a doubt know more kanji than I would, I think the story would have taken you only 10 minutes to translate, half of what I took.

beelzebubble
06-03-2003, 09:09 PM
level 2? that is really good (im not patronizing either, i'm somewhere between 2 and 1 myself)

in the first paragraph:

"世界各地での紛争が絶え間なく起こる中&#122 89;正規軍特殊工作部隊ベルグリン・ファル&#1 2467;ンズ
(通称PF隊)の戦力増強の為、次世代メタ&#12 523;スラッグの開発が急がれていた。"

i can read 31/33 (which is higher than my aveage by quite a bit, i was lucky on the first paragraph).

i still think it would take me at least an hour with looking for kanji in the old 電子辞書 seeing as it is so time consuming looking for a radical and then searching through pages of kanji to find the right one....

japanese takes so focking long to get good at, ive been studying 6 years and still have a long way to go till i can do 同時通訳 work :(

頑張りましょう!!

?