PLAYMORE UPDATE of the may 29

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
This week on playmore:

+They added the 4 chars on the SVC site (KIM, GENJURO,BISON, SAGAT):

<a href="http://www.snkneogeo.co.jp/official/svc/chara/chara_top.html" target="_blank">http://www.snkneogeo.co.jp/official/svc/chara/chara_top.html</a>

+They oppened the METAL SLUG 5 site (charachters and story):

<a href="http://www.snkneogeo.co.jp/official/ms5/ms5_top.html" target="_blank">http://www.snkneogeo.co.jp/official/ms5/ms5_top.html</a>

+They added METAL SLUG ADVANCE on the shedule page

<a href="http://www.snkneogeo.co.jp/consumer/schedule.html" target="_blank">http://www.snkneogeo.co.jp/consumer/schedule.html</a>

VIVA ALGERIA, and VIVA WAHRUN buttrock

Setsuna1982

World Her,
lol

i've just visited it jus 5 minutes ago and there wasn't anything!
Do you live there? lol

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
I think he might work for them in some capacity..... wink

EDIT- two more character pictures would fit perfectly underneath the 4 already up.

Trevor and Nadia return?

<small>[ May 29, 2003, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: Daisuke Jigen ]</small>

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
WTF?...Genjyuro?... :mad: don't get me wrong Genjyuro is my favorite SS character, but why would they put a weapon-based character in SvC? This is as bad as putting Haomaru in CvS2 annoyed Fighting games should be either weapon or non-weapon, I hate this mixing s**t.

Kim, Sagat( :) ), & Vega are fine additions...but at this point who's the boss character?

*sniff*

...uh oh, I smell Rugal again frown

<small>[ May 29, 2003, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: Shadowland ]</small>

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Shadowland:
WTF?...Genjyuro?... :mad: don't get me wrong Genjyuro is my favorite SS character, but why would they put a weapon-based character in SvC? This is as bad as putting Haomaru in CvS2 annoyed Fighting games should be either weapon or non-weapon, I hate this mixing s**t.
Yeah, almost as bad as Shiki and Earthquake in SvsC... wait a minute!

-Nick

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Shadowland:
WTF?...Genjyuro?... :mad: don't get me wrong Genjyuro is my favorite SS character, but why would they put a weapon-based character in SvC?
because they already put Shiki and Earthquake? smirk

Magician

20 Year Member
nruva:

-Nick
I'm not familiar with Shiki(Hyper64 SS games?), and as hypocritical as this may sound, I think Earthquake is a fine choice. Its just...the decision to go with Genjyuro just erks me for some reason.

<small>[ May 29, 2003, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: Shadowland ]</small>

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Shadowland:
nruva:

-Nick
I'm not familiar with Shiki(Hyper64 SS games?), and as hypocritical as this may sound, I think Earthquake is a fine choice. Its just...the decision to go with Genjyuro just erks me for some reason.
Fair enough, let's see how it turns out,

-Nick

eight one

Igniz's Servent
nruva:
Shadowland:

-Nick
Make something up. Capcom's been doing it for years.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Wow, they're really working their asses off eh?
glad to see the updates.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
These characters are all already chosen and the artwork is just waiting to be posted I'll bet. Playmore is just doing this to tease the rabid SNK fans. :D

Sagat looks evil though. They better slap Geese on that roster soon.

roninbuddha

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Shadowland:
Fighting games should be either weapon or non-weapon, I hate this mixing s**t.
KOF - CHANG has a weapon, that ball thingy, also, Choi, those claws, also Whip, a whip and gun, Chin has those wine bottles,

SFZ3 - Sodom has things, Balrog has a claw too, also Rolento, that baton

AOF - Mr. Big has Tonfers

FF/Real Bout - that Jacky Chan clone has 'chucks, Billy has a Kane, Yamazaki ahs Knives, Mai has her Fan,

see... Weapons!

SeVeNMerc

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I want cammy and Luarence blood still, but the roaster is looking pretty sweet assed.

I would like Sakuara but they alraedy have enough of the shotos in there I would rather take cammy or some other playing style in there.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
subcons:
These characters are all already chosen and the artwork is just waiting to be posted I'll bet. Playmore is just doing this to tease the rabid SNK fans. :D

Sagat looks evil though. They better slap Geese on that roster soon.
I'd want to see Geese on that roster as well, just to see Nona give him a new artwork. Wonder how cool and badass it would look?

dullbuoy

Leon Ther,
Setsuna1982:
Shadowland:
WTF?...Genjyuro?... :mad: don't get me wrong Genjyuro is my favorite SS character, but why would they put a weapon-based character in SvC?
because they already put Shiki and Earthquake? smirk
the bad thing about it is the SNK side has more "weapon" based fighters on their roster. sure you can argue the Capcom side is made up of shotos, but it makes the snk side seem like sissies since they need to resort to weapons

E

eldridge

man i dont care who is in the game
all that matters is that if its gunna rock or not
man i am bout to shit my pants over this game
and metal slug 5 i just filled the cup
i mean the shits hit the fan
its out of control i love it
buttrock

Magician

20 Year Member
roninbuddha:
KOF - CHANG has a weapon, that ball thingy, also, Choi, those claws, also Whip, a whip and gun, Chin has those wine bottles,

SFZ3 - Sodom has things, Balrog has a claw too, also Rolento, that baton

AOF - Mr. Big has Tonfers

FF/Real Bout - that Jacky Chan clone has 'chucks, Billy has a Kane, Yamazaki ahs Knives, Mai has her Fan,

see... Weapons!
Yup, that's why I don't think to highly of those fighters wink :p

Yes I realize other quality fighters have presented weapon-based figher here and there. With SvC it's different. I see Shiki and I see a character with high mobility/low power characteristics(again, I've never used Shiki), and Earthquake has visa-versa. With Genjuro you get above average-high mobility and high power/damage capabilites, instantly making him a top tier choice when compared to the rest of the roster.

But everybody has different tactics and preferences, to each his own.

To put it in another way, when I saw Genjyuro I immediately said to myself "wtf!?, why should I pick anyone else?".

Bottom line is Genjyuro's placement on the SvC roster is a bonus. I'm eagerly anticipating SvC's release, I'm stoked beyond belief. I'm also wondering if this is the final roster or are more characters going to be added?

<small>[ May 29, 2003, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Shadowland ]</small>

kantboy

New Challenger
Genjuro = mega lag on missed moves. His special moves have lag also when missed. The only one with reach is his DP move. I can't wait to see his special grab from SS3/SS4 again!!

Sagat...ah, all those Genjuro players will be eating heavy punches/kicks all day when they try to land those heavy sword attacks. TIGER vs. TIGER!!!! RYO vs. SAGAT! buttrock

roninbuddha, I hope the guy in your avatar makes it in as well, I want another SNK grappler!!

<small>[ May 29, 2003, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: kantboy ]</small>

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Hell yes! Playmore, you've made me into a believer. Keep up the excellent work!

seba_boi

Terry Bogard's Taylor
24 Characters... Hmmmm... Needs more... I hope Playmore releases 10 characters for each side next week... Or maybe 15 characters for that matter!... I'll might have to wait for the sequel if didn't deliver more characters... I don't want dat... I'm already psyched as HELL!!! help

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
I'm sort of getting tired of the same old Capcom(Street Fighter) characters.

Would it be to much to ask to see some Darkstalkers and maybe some Project Justice people?? Shit, even Mega Man would rock in this game. I would also like to see some characters from other games that aren't standard 2-D Capcom fighters like Onimusha and Devil May Cry.

It upsets me to see the same Vega, M.Bison, Balrog shit that's in every Capcom crossover game. They did include that character from War Zard which was cool, but other than that, its the same old Capcom line up.

I guess looking at the SNK side the same can be said, but SNK characters have so much more personality, that I don't mind them. Give me Kyo, Iori, Mai, Terry and Ryo in any game and I'll be happy!

Of course I'm still gonna get the MVS kit once its out, but until them I'll just be a slightly bitter, always jaded, FAN BOY! buttrock

<small>[ May 29, 2003, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: lemonflav ]</small>

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Yay for Tarmicle!

...ummm....wait...wtf?