Petition to bring Neo-geo games to the gamecube

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
All Gamecube gamers who love the Neo please sign this don't you want SNKvsCapcom on your cube?

A quote:"GameCube, personally I don't want to, only because I think by the time I get the developing done it'll be another year from now and it'll be a little too late for what I said. We got to wait for their next system."- Ben Herman ,President of SNK NeoGeo USA

<a href="http://www.PetitionOnline.com/lomperik/petition.html" target="_blank">http://www.PetitionOnline.com/lomperik/petition.html</a>
Please sign only with real name and don't start a porting flame war O.K.

seba_boi

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Sure... I'll sign anyting... Right after I watch Dr. Phill and Oprah...

Seriously, IT'll be nice if Neo games are made for the GC!!... I'll be gettin' a GC soon!!! :D

<small>[ May 29, 2003, 04:01 AM: Message edited by: seba_boi ]</small>

grapplerJoe

Overtop Pathfinder
So long SNK developers make use of the hardwares capabilities, I'm all thumbs up. buttrock :cool:

ThePunisher

SouthTown StreetSweeper
I dont mean to flame or anything. But I dont want playmore to waste resources on a system that doesnt (might not) have the target audience to allow playmore to profit.

I know Im being presumptive.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
The reason that SNK is not interested in porting to the cube is that there is not enough of an audience to sell too. Buy a second system.

I just don't see the point in making a GC version of SNK vs. Capcom. The facts have shown that the biggest sellers on the GC are Nintendo games. This game would fall though the cracks if it came out anywhere near another Mario or Zelda title. The best place for this game to go would be the PS2 for its massive user base and XBOX for XBOX Live(man that would be sweet!) I think I'd buy it for the Neo AES though. glee

The Dark One

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
No thanks. oh_no shame glee

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
xtoo_short20x:
My thoughts exactly! PS2 and XBox are clearly the way to go! wink

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
What's the point? If Herman doesn't want them, then I don't want them. Besides I think the PS2 and Xbox is enough. It would be nice, but they don't need to whore games out to every platform. Besides the demographic supposedly just ain't there.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
JHendrix:
xtoo_short20x:
Well not really the way to go as I don't care
if they get released for those systems or not.
But much better option that the 'Cube'.

eight one

Igniz's Servent
ThePunisher:
I dont mean to flame or anything. But I dont want playmore to waste resources on a system that doesnt (might not) have the target audience to allow playmore to profit.

I know Im being presumptive.
Not like the Cube is doing all that well or anything. I'll take any Non-Miyamoto game I can get.

JHendrix

xtoo_short20x:
JHendrix:
xtoo_short20x:
Well not really the way to go as I don't care
if they get released for those systems or not.
But much better option that the 'Cube'.
Oh I know man, ports are inferior - having to play extended versions of KOF on DC for competition made me realize this recently.

But if they're gonna put out ports they gotta do what they're designed for: make money. They don't do that on GC, mainly on PS2. It'd also do well on XBox if they added Live support or something that warrants its purchase if you already have the cart, but I doubt they're gonna pull off something like that.

Oh well I can dream can't I?

NeoBaal

n00b
I personaly don´t see why don´t them. They said developing for GCN is too expensive and that it´s to late for doing it. Yet, they will develop for XBOX; I know it´s cheaper to develop for, but, isn´t GCN a more viable console in Japan? I don´t know why Playmore can´t see it.

NeoBaal

n00b
Just signed!!! Signature Number 17. Hope more will. I´ll post it somewhere else too.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
DarkMage619:
I just don't see the point in making a GC version of SNK vs. Capcom. The facts have shown that the biggest sellers on the GC are Nintendo games. This game would fall though the cracks if it came out anywhere near another Mario or Zelda title. The best place for this game to go would be the PS2 for its massive user base and XBOX for XBOX Live(man that would be sweet!) I think I'd buy it for the Neo AES though. glee

The Dark One
Bullshit ,the fact is that bad games don't sell well on the Cube (We can't help it that Midway can't make a good game )
Sega best seller of 2002 was Sonic AB2 for the cube,that means that cube owners are craving for some good 3rd party support (and Sonic AB2 isn't even that great).Ikaruga is number six for best selling GC games in Europe.My local Indie sold forty copies of Ikaruga (I even had to go to another store to get a copy).So don't say that cube owners don't like cool hardcore games.

Adding modem support in a possible Gamecube version would be much more wiser then adding Xboxlive support.Why ?all those gamers who bought a modem to play PSO ,don't you think they would a love a second online game.Besides there are already somany Xbox live games....an underdog would easely be overlooked

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
i wouldnt say there are SO MANY live games.

i only own 2 and currently play 0.

the bigest reason i can think of it not coming to gc is, well, every one i know, hard core or not that has a gamecube has a ps2 or xbox as well. so no one is really missing out.

im glad no one brought up the controller arguement. because thats the most stupid argument ever.

i'll sign it but i probably wont buy it, since i have an xbox too. :/

<small>[ May 29, 2003, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: sonic1687 ]</small>

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
smokey:
All Gamecube gamers who love the Neo please sign this don't you want SNKvsCapcom on your cube?

A quote:"GameCube, personally I don't want to, only because I think by the time I get the developing done it'll be another year from now and it'll be a little too late for what I said. We got to wait for their next system."- Ben Herman ,President of SNK NeoGeo USA

<a href="http://www.PetitionOnline.com/lomperik/petition.html" target="_blank">http://www.PetitionOnline.com/lomperik/petition.html</a>
Nah, why bother. Just pick up an XBox or PS2 and play them on either of those. :)

JHendrix

smokey:
DarkMage619:

The Dark One
Bullshit ,the fact is that bad games don't sell well on the Cube (We can't help it that Midway can't make a good game )
Sega best seller of 2002 was Sonic AB2 for the cube,that means that cube owners are craving for some good 3rd party support (and Sonic AB2 isn't even that great).Ikaruga is number six for best selling GC games in Europe.My local Indie sold forty copies of Ikaruga (I even had to go to another store to get a copy).So don't say that cube owners don't like cool hardcore games.

Adding modem support in a possible Gamecube version would be much more wiser then adding Xboxlive support.Why ?all those gamers who bought a modem to play PSO ,don't you think they would a love a second online game.Besides there are already somany Xbox live games....an underdog would easely be overlooked
You're thinking of this in terms of what would be good for the GC as opposed to whats good for Playmore.

Live fighters are few, hell the only other one ironically is CvS2 and people would be all over another one if it came out.

That and its pretty hard to play a 2D fighter on a stock GC pad vs. that of the normal XBox pads. And no don't sit there and tell me that there are arcade sticks because we all know that very few besides us "hardcore" actually go out and buy 3rd party controllers like that.

Its all about making money and in Japan it'll only sell on PS2, in the US PS2 and XBox are on top, especially for next-gen fighters.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
We sure don't need a GC version, hell we don't even need a PS2 version.

Only port that I care about it the xbox one, only if it's LIVE.

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
smokey:

actually... I am an owner of a gamecube and I am VERY fond of the system. But I do not like this game, and I do not care.

I wouldn't mind seeing samurai Shodown stuff... Metal slug... etc.. on the gamecube, HECK maybe even some "slightly" remade classics as Pulstar.

With a slightly faster Fram rate, and added visuals... but keep the gameplay intact..etc.

†B†V†

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
X-Box versions will not have live support.

Why? Look at MvC2. Obviously X-Box live doesn't interest game developers anymore.

I mean, why bother with X-Box live.

When gamers will still turn to:

Kaillera.

Online gaming is already there, and with more flexibility.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
EvilWasabi:
X-Box versions will not have live support.

Why? Look at MvC2. Obviously X-Box live doesn't interest game developers anymore.

I mean, why bother with X-Box live.

When gamers will still turn to:

Kaillera.

Online gaming is already there, and with more flexibility.
I'm pretty sure MvC2 not being on live was a licensing issue. Could be wrong though.

It isn't confirmed that SvC Chaos is not gonna be on live. That one interview said it wouldn't INITIALLY.

I've played on Kaillera and it's crap compared to live. Sure you got more games, but half the time I played someone, I kicked their ass on my screen, and they kicked my ass on their screen, with completely different characters.