Metal Slug 5 screens!

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
<a href="http://www.gamespot.com/neo/action/metalslug5/screenindex.html" target="_blank">Metal Slug 5 screens!</a>

Hmm. Lets hope it is better than 4 and up there with X and 3!

neofreak696

King's Dry Cleaner
Well just from the pics it seems the art work looks better than 4 already. Does not seem to be alot of sprite rehashes. Going to have and wait for some video tough.

<small>[ May 28, 2003, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: neofreak696 ]</small>

Sklabah

Another Striker
Those enemies with the scarves look cool. And that giant Metal-Slug Boss! Awesome! Howsabout that "evei" Slug with the laser.

Suh-weet! Looks like a more military-feel game with high-end technology. Metal Slug meets Metal Gear? I'm down.

ThePunisher

SouthTown StreetSweeper
looks pretty good
the canoe level looks kind of cool
and looks like there are some new vehicles

edit: I like the backround with the enemie with the scarf looks like a dam. Could be a terrorist attack on a dam and you gotta fight off crazy middle easterners with scarfs. That'd be awesome. make_fac

<small>[ May 28, 2003, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: ThePunisher ]</small>

Scalpeur

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Looks really great!!!
And that's not what I said for Metal 4!
I think this one will be really reallly! :)
By seeing these screens I think I'm right to save my money for this game... and also for SvC Chaos wink

GREAT!!!!!!!

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
I have to be looking at this one wrong:

<a href="http://www.gamespot.com/neo/action/metalslug5/screens.html?page=2" target="_blank">http://www.gamespot.com/neo/action/metalslug5/screens.html?page=2</a>

That has to be ad art on top of a screenshot, I mean if thats in game...wow...

Either way this looks like a decent game, but I'm sure plenty of people will start bitching soon.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Scalpeur:
Looks really great!!!
And that's not what I said for Metal 4!
I think this one will be really reallly! :)
By seeing these screens I think I'm right to save my money for this game... and also for SvC Chaos wink

GREAT!!!!!!!
Ja, mon.

I agree.

I remember my initial impression of SLug 4 as being somewhat dissapointed. Now, I feel as if some actual thought is being placed into visual designs in the game. Very good looking.

Let's see how it plays.

What a good day for deh news.

L Z Olejarczyk

Kuroko's Training Dummy
So far, the game looks very purdy, but I think I'll stay concerned until proper footage is shown. I'm very curious how <a href="http://www.gamespot.com/neo/action/metalslug5/screens.html?page=3" target="_blank">this</a> looks in action.

ocsmod

Astra Superstar
Great photos, thanks for the update! :)

This game looks great, lots on new graphics. The photos look scanned from a magazine. Do anybody know where are they taken from?

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Nice, I thought Playmore had totally forgot about this game with all the SvC stuff going on.

/me is hoping Slug 5 != teh sux.

dr.r.muckly:
buttrock
WOW!
This will be released for mvs/ home system, correct?
It better be! another slug game.... and this time it looks GOOD! buttrock buttrock

Oh, and if it is on MVS then it will come to the home system, stands to reason (i.e. metal slug is huge and matreemele (whatever) is neich but it got a release)

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Oh my good lord!
That wheelie-popping-tank boss (I assume its a boss) looks absolutely incredible!

*jaw hits floor*

Cant wait for this one!

justdefend

Quiz Detective
MS5 looks awesome so far. The backgrounds and vehicles look just as good if not better than MS3. Thank God this is being done in-house!

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Nice to finally see screens, and so far they look great!! buttrock Can't wait to see more screenshots, and I hope we get an English home cart release for this one!! :)

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Looking good. The slug that popped a laser out of its rear is called the Special Vehicle 001 Mark III, the Blackhound, according to the scan. From the screenshots, it's truly confirmed that Fio is back in this installment buttrock

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Hot damn that giant red tank looks sweet! I hope MS5 shapes up to be a quality title!

VX

Hardened Shock Trooper
Whoa, that red tank is huge! Lets hope this is as good as MSX.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Looking good...I hope this is on par with at least Metal Slug X...I'm hoping they stick with the war theme this time. Don't get me wrong Slug 3 owns, but I love killing endless hordes of soldiers. :)