New Neo Sunshine console?

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
I read an article in a Dutch Mag about a new console coming out of Playmore corp which is supposed to be called NEO Sunshine (tentative title). It is supposed to use the cartridge based format again, now being able to stuff about 2500-3000 MEGs in one cart. One of the first games to come out supposedly is KOF 3d and a new MSlug. The format would -like the AES/MVS setup- be appropriate for home and Arcade gaming. Anybody hear/read anything about this? Probably a lot of BS, yet the statement from Playmore that pachinko business has had a very positive effect on the companies' profits along with the upcoming cross platform conversions of some of the biggest SNK titles suggests that the company is doing a lot of bold things and -financially speaking- is doing a lot better than expected.
Are we in for a treat or are we being pooped on here?

Enlighten me please...

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
Well , for playmore financial sake i hope that's not true.

Problem with SNK before them was they always wanted to be the innovator instead of making games on existing , popular hardware.

Case in point? The Hyper 64 and Neo Pocket.

While great systems they sure placed a lot of financial burden on the company..

corbo 2

Genjuro's Frog
It is aload of BS,there has been a new neo console for awhile now,but i may be wrong.

Hopefully it isn't true,because Playmore doesn't have the money,and i would rather have new neo games than not having it ANY games all together.I think it would be a huge flop and the last thing we want is playmore to go as well.

Examples are the Hyper 64 and Neo Geo Pocket,they should not be thinking about new hardware,but NEW GAMES.

<small>[ May 26, 2003, 05:40 AM: Message edited by: corbo 2 ]</small>

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
It depends on the price. Playmore does claim to be better of than alot of people think. So I think its possible. And Herman didn't exactly deny it...But if the price ain't right then I don't think they should bother. It should be able to play old AES and MVS carts though.

LuisDePamplona

Super Sidekicks 2
why dont they just use the hyper 64 with some kind of grafix addon like a 32x it would be much cheaper.

Porshapwr

Hardened Shock Trooper
While it would be very interesting to see that happen, it's not going to.

thefub

Armored Scrum Object
I would like to see SvC before saying they do or do not need to come out with new hardware. From what I understand they had to add a new chip in the cart to make this game possible. I believe that they need to sit back and come out with new ideas for games. It seems to me they are not trying to come out with any new ideas as of now. If they wish to spend there time on making fighting games and Metal Slugs maybe they should try new hardware. That way we may see something that is not a rehash of an existing game. Or maybe there new game ideas are only possible on new hardware.

Another worthless FUB opinion that will be ignored.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I think it's an ok idea. I think it'd be great if it wasn't cart based. Games will probably get stupidly expensive, even more so than NG games. Even if they do I think it'll do well if they pump alot of stuff into it when it comes out and not just touch it once or twice.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
The pocket was not a "financial burden" it was doing quite well for SNK before Aruze destroyed it. Yet again I am surprised to see that people don't understand what happened near the end of SNK. Aruze bought a mojority Stock in the company and Forced the closure of all but the Japanese companies. The pocket was doing well, and at the last E3 show SNK was at, they were reported as having a fairly large number of planned pocket stuff on the way. Aruze was the death of SNK, not the Hyper or the Pocket.

greyimp

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I think Playmore/SNK should just rerelease the AES and NGP. That way, they can have a larger customer base for the newer Neo games. (ie. SvC:Chaos, Metal Slug 5) And then, they could still release new games, and ports, on the more popular systems. (ie. XBOX, PS2)
The Neo Geo hardware shows no signs of stopping, so they should make more available.
:D

Harry Hazard

Lurker,
I think it is time to upgrade.
If they came out with a new console I would definently buy one ,and so would alot of
the die hard neo fans here.

let the dream come true..... buttrock

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Harry Hazard:
I think it is time to upgrade.
If they came out with a new console I would definently buy one ,and so would alot of
the die hard neo fans here.

let the dream come true..... buttrock
I don't think a fan-base the size of "die-hard" Neo fans is enough to sustain any company in today's market. SNK would have to do a bang-up job on the console's specs and promotion, and I doubt the company can financially support such an operation at this time. Look at it now, I'm sure all the ports Playmore/SNK Neo Geo USA have going aren't just for fun.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Possibly making a new portable in the same vein as the GBA might have some successs, but creating any other home console would surely bomb because there's already too much competition already.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Fygee:
Possibly making a new portable in the same vein as the GBA might have some successs, but creating any other home console would surely bomb because there's already too much competition already.
If I were Playmore/SNK Neo Geo USA (and admittedly, I'm not, so whatever) I would wait to see how the Nokia N-Gage fares with the GBA SP. What I saw and heard at E3 was pretty impressive, although I don't know if they can unseat the big N.

Although the NGPC is a damn fine system, just under promoted. Maybe they could do it right a second time?

NEOFREAK9189

Sakura's Bank Manager
20 Year Member
I think it is time to upgrade
just use the neogeo to hyper 64 with some kind of addon like a sega 32x it would be very interesting
it would be much cheaper I would definently buy one buttrock

<small>[ May 27, 2003, 04:49 AM: Message edited by: NEOFREAK9189 ]</small>

takuman

, ,
only rumours shame shame
no new system,playmore no much $ for this.
make_fac make_fac make_fac

cgun

Fio's Quartermaster
Some people seem to have missed the big point. The new hardware would not be aimed at us, it would be an arcade system like the neo is, at least it the priority.

I would gladly give both my balls to see a new cart-based system made for 2D-games. I would cut of my two balls and the kill myslef if playmore went for thirdparty development. That would be a shame, especially with "exiting" titles like [insert name of series] 3D.