yet another magazine article about neo geo

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
neo geo seems to be so popular these days.
A magazine in england called GAMES TM has 10-12 pages devoted to the AES in this months issue 6.

Their web site is :

<a href="http://www.totalgames.net" target="_blank">www.totalgames.net</a>

I havent checked to see if there are on line pages to read, but im sure someonein the UK can scan them

buster_broon

The Rock,
rugal2000:
neo geo seems to be so popular these days.
A magazine in england called GAMES TM has 10-12 pages devoted to the AES in this months issue 6.

Their web site is :

<a href="http://www.totalgames.net" target="_blank">www.totalgames.net</a>

I havent checked to see if there are on line pages to read, but im sure someonein the UK can scan them
Wasim

what are the chances of you buying another copy and posting it to me

pm me if you could do me this favor

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
Yeah i've been buying that mag recently. Better than Edge, anyway. Haven't got the latest issue though.

Buster if you want i'll pick up 2, my local smiths is full of them.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
YOU SLATE EDGE?

EDGE = GOD

OMFG LOSARRRR

buster_broon

The Rock,
Plisken:
Yeah i've been buying that mag recently. Better than Edge, anyway. Haven't got the latest issue though.

Yes please Mike

pm me with the amount you need and how i can pay you

John teh Blackspy has also offered and i have said yes but even if i get 2 copies i know a guy in Canada who would love to read it as well so i could post the 2nd copy to him :) :) :) :)

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
kernow:
YOU SLATE EDGE?

EDGE = GOD

OMFG LOSARRRR
Nah, Edge is overpriced shit (same as a magazine with a coverdisc) writen by a bunch of pretentious know-it-all twats who like to hock up market prices and give shit games like DOAXBV 8/10 and good games like Indiana Jones and Dead to Rights 4/10 and 5/10 respectively, load of old horseshit.

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
buster_broon:
Plisken:

Yes please Mike

pm me with the amount you need and how i can pay you

John teh Blackspy has also offered and i have said yes but even if i get 2 copies i know a guy in Canada who would love to read it as well so i could post the 2nd copy to him :) :) :) :)
Sure mate

i think the coverprice is £3.95 , probably be £1 ish to post it. I'll let you know when it's sent anyway :)

going up town tomorrow so i can get one then.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Plisken:
kernow:
YOU SLATE EDGE?

EDGE = GOD

OMFG LOSARRRR
Nah, Edge is overpriced shit (same as a magazine with a coverdisc) writen by a bunch of pretentious know-it-all twats who like to hock up market prices and give shit games like DOAXBV 8/10 and good games like Indiana Jones and Dead to Rights 4/10 and 5/10 respectively, load of old horseshit.
I respect edge.. remarkably.. but not much

they gave MS4 and ROTD 7/10 during their "neo revival"

what would kof98/ss3/ss2/ms3 get then? 8.5.. or 9?

PFFT

mlloyd

Morden's Lackey
Got Games TM Today!!!!!!!

- Full Neo time line
- Indepth company history
- Neo Aes Background
- Neo CD Background
- Overview of best games
- Mass's of pics
- AND MORE!!!!!!!

Good stuff...

Baseley09

Hair Group,
The boyz at EDGE got seriuos problems in the head............

Ooooo , but the mag is so nice.

I hear the silver paint they use to print is v.expensive.

Games TM is v.nice, but will prolly suffer the same faye as ARCADE.

M

mr.nippy

Plisken:
kernow:
YOU SLATE EDGE?

EDGE = GOD

OMFG LOSARRRR
Im with you on that mate!!

Befor being a games retailer I used to be in the print trade. I cant help but notice that their mag is just a load of old overpiced tosh lately, maybe winning all those best design awards and so on has gone to thier heads! Trust me if I was the printers Id tell em to fuck off, they really take the piss with some of the stuff they do, all this spot varnishing on the inside back cover, and matt lamination on the cover...that's were your bloody £4 goes every month!! Thank god for Games TM, so far it's proving itself to be a really balanced games mag which is very refreshing, they obviously know what people want and their bloody well givin it to 'em! Hope it lasts!! buttrock

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Could anyone post some scans of these?

corbo 2

Genjuro's Frog
Pciking up later on,thanks for the heads up.Games TM is a great mag,i like EDGE with views,pro layout but there reviews are sometimes SHITE.
And Arcade was so good..i had every issue crying and did anyone have DC-UK or the early N64 mags were brill too imo :)

Jashin

New Challenger
Nothing can hold a candle to Arcade - the best videogame magazine ever written.

NeoGoaT

Mickey's Coach
I picked this up a few days ago. Some nice Neo coverage but riddled with all the usual errors that appear in these things. I will scan and post the coverage sometime over the next few days if I get a chance. The whole retro section is very good, I hope these guys can keep going for a few years. It's no Edge though, I've been buying it for so long I've developed a shiny cover fetish :cool:

rugal2000

yeah the magazine is very simaler to arcade.However edge is still way superior.

buster_broon

The Rock,
Jashin:
Nothing can hold a candle to Arcade - the best videogame magazine ever written.
there was a magazine out years ago called Maximum and it only ran for 7 issues but it was by far the best magazine of its time and nothing has really compared with it

all games had at least 5 pages of lovely screenshots and they covered the neo all the time

i remember they did a story on far east of eden for the Neo - must have been around 5-8 pages long - superb stuff

rugal2000

of course back in the day (early 90s C & VG was the best. But its been bullshit since 2000. Edge has been consistent and unique all way through and I had only received 4 issues of my gamefan subscription when it ended.

Jashin

New Challenger
Ah, that's right Buster - Maximum is the magazine that I was talking about, not Arcade. I've got all of them except the one with the Sam Sho 3 guide in it. The prose was really enthusiastic and detailed - excellent stuff.

<small>[ May 24, 2003, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Jashin ]</small>

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Well... nothing has yet to replace Eighties classics A.C.E and Zero for me yet :)

And I agree, Edge's copy is really wank at the moment :(

Couldn't find Games TM in WH Smith today, but I'll track a copy down :D

unite2k

Cheng's Errand Boy
yep Games is a pretty cool mag, the retro section is always worth a look. And its nice to see features on old(ish) Arcade games as well as NEO. I've collected all 6 so far :-)
Lets hope it lives!

buster_broon

The Rock,
Jashin:
Ah, that's right Buster - Maximum is the magazine that I was talking about, not Arcade. I've got all of them except the one with the Sam Sho 3 guide in it. The prose was really enthusiastic and detailed - excellent stuff.
i had them all - but when i moved to Gibraltar i threw them in the bin crying crying crying crying crying

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
Yup, i have all seven maximum mags, they are superb, just the best the uk had to offer for its 7 issue timeline.

While i was reading the first issue about kof 95, i was going to black pool & saw kof 96, cool eh.

<small>[ May 25, 2003, 03:39 AM: Message edited by: the_colonel ]</small>