Capcom VS SNK 2 Action Figures?!

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
There is a brief article <a href="http://www.popcultureshock.com/news.php?id=60" target="_blank">here</a> about this. I hope they look good.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
better than the blue box toy issues anyways.
even the korean kof 97 figures look better than those.

whitey

NEST Puppet
Anyone else notice that they are going to make actions figures for characters that haven't been announced yet? Maybe these are the next set of characters:

Athena, Morrigan, Nakaroru, Sakura

<small>[ May 22, 2003, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: whitey ]</small>

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
whitey:
Anyone else notice that they are going to make actions figures for characters that haven't been announced yet? Maybe these are the next set of characters:

Athena, Morrigan, Nakaroru, Sakura
Notice, though, that all the characters mentioned in that article (Athena, Chun-Li, Akuma, Ken, Kyo, Mai, Morrigan, Nakoruru, Ryu, Sakura, Terry and Iori) are in CAPCOM's game, CAPCOM vs SNK 2 (Millionaire Fighting 2001, aka Mark of the Millenium 2001), and that the article states "High Dream Corporation announces that they have signed a contract regarding a line of action figures and dolls with CAPCOM CO., LTD for their property CAPCOM Vs SNK 2."

It appears that the contract is with CAPCOM, to make figures of the characters from CVS2. Nowhere in the article can I find any mention of Playmore's game, SNK vs CAPCOM: SVC CHAOS.

--Chris

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Hopefully they differ from the Yujin Gashapon series.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Why does it say Playmore announces the figures, and then say signed with Capcom to release the figures? What gives?

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
When CVSSNK first came out, there was series of mini-figures you could buy for 200yen from gumball machines. I forget which characters there were exactly... all I remember was Geese and Chun-Li.

I few months later there was a Vampire Saviour series as well.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
tsukaesugi:
When CVSSNK first came out, there was series of mini-figures you could buy for 200yen from gumball machines. I forget which characters there were exactly... all I remember was Geese and Chun-Li.

I few months later there was a Vampire Saviour series as well.
There were alot of Yujin series. I have a KOF and SS series. A few months ago they released a SNK Females series. The CVS and CVS2 ones werent that great, which denotes my previous post.

tsukaesugi

Lord Wolfgang Krauser:
There were alot of Yujin series. I have a KOF and SS series. A few months ago they released a SNK Females series. The CVS and CVS2 ones werent that great, which denotes my previous post.
lol, OK sorry, I didn't know they were called 'Yujin'!

I didn't know what they were called actually, aside from nihyaku en omocha (200 yen toys).

I saw a bunch of half-naked girl ninja yujin then, the other day. I shoulda picked some up.

Uhh... not 'cause the were half-naked girls, but uh... 'cause they were ninja.

I like ninja.

Greywolf

Angel's Love Slave
tsukaesugi: The toys you're talking about are actually called Gashapon/ Capsule Toys, Yugin is only the name of one of the companies making those kind of toys.

tsukaesugi

Greywolf:
tsukaesugi: The toys you're talking about are actually called Gashapon/ Capsule Toys, Yugin is only the name of one of the companies making those kind of toys.
This is like, the eighth time in two days I've been wrong about something.

Twice in this thread.

I'm gonna go play with my half-naked ninjas now.

(hangs head and slinks away in shame)

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
This is an aspect of SNK collecting that I could fare a lot better on. The only figures I have are the Samurai Shodown 64 ones, an Iori keychain, and a Athena figure.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
tsukaesugi:
Lord Wolfgang Krauser:
lol, OK sorry, I didn't know they were called 'Yujin'!

I didn't know what they were called actually, aside from nihyaku en omocha (200 yen toys).

I saw a bunch of half-naked girl ninja yujin then, the other day. I shoulda picked some up.

Uhh... not 'cause the were half-naked girls, but uh... 'cause they were ninja.

I like ninja.
Oh my bad, I re-read my post and it sounded rude. I honestly did not mean that, sorry man.