SNK president talks Playmore, SVC Chaos, and Nam 1975 - Gaming-Age

justdefend

Quiz Detective
Here it is!

<a href="http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/news/news.pl?y=2003&m=5&nid=20-55.db" target="_blank">http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/news/news.pl?y=2003&m=5&nid=20-55.db</a>

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
So xbox live is out huh? Ah well...

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
That's a great article; the president sounds extremely happy and positive about SNK's future. That's always good to hear :)

Tony_N

Astra Superstar
I still don't get it, why the fuck are leaving Cube out and only going to produce for PS2 and XBox ?
"too expensive.." = bullshit lie.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Tony_N:
I still don't get it, why the fuck are leaving Cube out and only going to produce for PS2 and XBox ?
I can only guess it's because SNK has already experience developing for the PS2, so the time and effort and monetary expense is less than learning the Gamecube. I don't know about the Xbox.

justdefend

Quiz Detective
As a business move, its the older gamers that still stick with the 2D classics because thats what they grew up with. PS2 and Xbox have the older demo locked, and GC doesn't. It's why Sega pulled their sports titles, it's why Capcom's RE titles didn't sell that well, the audience just isn't there.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Development on Xbox is actually pretty cheap, one of the reasons they decided on its design. I'm sure the talks SNK had was able to get a real great deal on it, economically. Something Nintendo couldn't offer with their development costs. As the above poster said, SNK already had their foot in the door, with the PS2.

And to a certain degree, it's following the audience. The targetted groups more likely to appreciate the stuff they plan to crank out.

<small>[ May 20, 2003, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Kirk Foiden ]</small>

BlindDrunk

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Imagine trying to play all the classic SNK fighters on the gamecube joystick - ergh!

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
So is SvC gonna be released as AES too, or is it just gonna stay MVS?

Tony_N

Astra Superstar
BlindDrunk:
Imagine trying to play all the classic SNK fighters on the gamecube joystick - ergh!
You can always get an arcade stick or even the Game Boy player controller...

AOJ

Armored Scrum Object
" Every retailer had the Neo Geo Pocket," Herman said. "We had two percent of the handheld business and my goal was to reach 10%. When we exited the market we left retailers happy. ... "

The NGPC was good, not the nail in the coffin that others said! If retailers were happy, now will be really happy with SNK new games. An so, if ever appears any new SNK hardware, it will have chances of having some market share.

I like the way SNK neogeo USA president speaks. buttrock

<small>[ May 20, 2003, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: AOJ ]</small>

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Xbox Live functionality will not be initially included as a feature in SVC Chaos.
Not cool.

I really was hoping that someway they would release compilations of older fighting games for xbox live, but if SvC isn't even going to be on live, then it's really doubtful.

At least he said initially, so there is hope for it to be online.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
That article is pure propaganda.

Playmore is not really SNK.

The people that made Samurai Shodown are gone. They work for Sammy on the Guilty Gear games.

The people that made Metal Slug 4 have displayed zilch in terms of the SNK spirit that poured from previous iterations.

Same for the last 2 KoF games.

And so, I think he's bullshitting us. Bullshitting the retailers at least. We all know better.

Kawasaki made Playmore? I thought he sold out of SNK and retired in 1998. It sounds like a load of crap.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
BlindDrunk:
Soul Calibur joystick.

Incredible what you get with 3rd party support eh.

SiegfriedFM

Geese's Thug
They should just buy some emulator and make an official release on Xbox. Although it might require some reprogramming to fit it in the memory, it would give us better looking versions of the games (forced higher resolution, optional of course).

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Tony_N:
Cube = kiddie korner, thats why. Best left to the 5-12 year old crowd . . . lol

NeoGoaT

Mickey's Coach
EvilWasabi:
The people that made Metal Slug 4 have displayed zilch in terms of the SNK spirit that poured from previous iterations.

Same for the last 2 KoF games.
Weren't these all programmed by third parties rather than Playmore themselves? I'm sticking with blind optimism for this release. I will admit though that the line:

"This time it's for real. This time it's forever."

made me check whether or not I was a beautiful blond with big tits and an ass that tastes like French vanilla ice-cream (I'm not).

X

Y,
chimpmeister:
Tony_N:
Cube = kiddie korner, thats why. Best left to the 5-12 year old crowd . . . lol
You are a very sad person.

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Ben's a cool guy. Seemed to have real excitement over SNK and it's future. One of the cooler ppl I met at E3.

I think it's great SNK is going to offer direct sales again. But like some of you I'm most excited over the Xbox collections.

All the talk over Gamecube being skipped is kinda moot. The cube is targeted at kids, not ppl that were old enough to play the Neo in it's day like most of us are.

I like my cube for what it is, but with that controller and the fan base, I just can't see it deserving Neo games. Unless you all want that EO shit added to stupify the games like on CapvsSNK2. I wish that lame shit had not carried over to the XB version. Disgraceful.